• Needs work. I have ideas!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Bleeding debuff!

• Majora's Mask 3D is out!

• May be a bit difficult to program...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • There were a bunch of choices, so I panicked and chose them all. Plz help me im so alone...

• Total voters

TheGreatB3

Official Terrarian
Idea: Piranhas and Sharks are mostly docile when you're at full health, but when you take damage, their spawn rate, movement speed, and damage increase. This mirrors how sharks and piranhas are known for their feeding frenzies when they sense blood in the water. Other enemies, like Jellyfish, would stay the same. Also, during a Blood Moon, the Sharks and Piranhas would be constantly aggressive.

I leave you with this:

left shark intensifies.gif

Last edited:
So basically, the only change is making Piranhas docile when you're at full health? Because right now they're aggressive all the time.

And I'd say that that Piranhas aren't even enough of a threat as they stand currently... too predictable, too frail. This thread is kinda like "nerf piranhas", which doesn't feel necessary.

So basically, the only change is making Piranhas docile when you're at full health?
And more aggressive than usual when below full health. Actually, maybe it should be full aggression when below 1/2 health, docile when full, and regular aggression otherwise.

I think aggression is a boolean thing... it's either full aggression or no aggression, there's nothing in between. Kind of like how you can't be half-going out with someone.

I like this idea. Although they are one of the few creatures that drop hooks correct? Wouldn't this make their obtainment a lot easier if the only thing you had to do was be at full health before entering the pond?

From what I know about Piranhas they only really attack/eat if starving or the thing is dying/grievously injured/dead.

As Baconfry said, something like an increased spawnrate- or maybe they are spawned in bigger groups in the jungle Biomes (Since there seems to be a lacking of enemies there prehard mode anyways.)

With all that said I wonder if it would be possible to knock other dying creatures into the water and having the Piranha's attack it as well? Would be kinda cool..

I think aggression is a boolean thing... it's either full aggression or no aggression, there's nothing in between. Kind of like how you can't be half-going out with someone.
Correction: You shouldn't be half going out with someone.

Anyways... for Piranhas this could be a possibility (I like the increased spawn rate idea that the guys above me came up with while I was typing), for sharks I'm thinking no (because honestly makes fin grinding too easy, as well as the fact that under this logic they should then be attacking each other as well as soon as one gets injured.)

Back
Top Bottom