tModLoader fencedin's utilities (FUtils)

fencedin

Skeletron Prime
fencedin's utilities (FUtils)

About

This is a mod that adds a few useful items to Terraria. These items were pulled from my Skyblock Mod so they could be used as a stand alone mod. These items include the Auto-Fisher and Fertilizer. (Do note, this mod will not work while Skyblock Mod is loaded)

This mod is made for tModLoader v0.9.1.0 for Terraria 1.3.4.4 and is available on the mod browser under "FUtils"

Content

NEW ITEMS:

Im2x4x8.png

•Fertilizer - used on saplings and plants to have a chance at making them grow instantly and can grow grass on dirt/grass blocks (5 dirt + gel + mushroom)

n4ICWpy.png

•Auto-Fisher - automated fishing, just place near water, (needs Reinforced Fishing Pole, 25 Fishing Potions, 30 Platinum/Gold Bars, 10 Enchanted Nightcrawlers, 15 Wire)

hsqxgxZ.png
j9eMHIh.png

•Mining Laser - will grab ores out of the ground randomly and spew them near the machine (lever, wire, iron/lead, various other things from steampunker)

Versions

Current Version: 1.1.3 (3/3/17)
You can get the latest version on the tModLoader 'Mod Browser' or direct download (Place the .tmod file into your "Mods" folder under My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader)

Changelog for current version:
  • chlorophyte can now be gotten sooner that it could before
  • to grow cactus with fertilizer, use fertilizer on sand
  • cactus is also now random in growth patterns
  • also added dust for when using fertilizer on other mod's trees
  • added Mining Laser

• released mod

Last edited:
Are you planning to add more items or is this just going to be Skyblock Mod content?

Only other thing I had considered from the Skyblock Mod was the hardmode ore plants, but I honestly haven't even heard anyone talk about them, let alone show interest in them outside of skyblock. Would be easy enough to copy over too.

I have one other item I would like to add in the near future and I have some other ideas outside of the Skyblock Mod to add too when I have the time.

I found a bug!

V Isn't it adorable?
Buggy.png

Hello, Gotheran. On TCF we have rules about posting behavior and keeping on topic when one chooses to post. Creating a new post just to show a text option does not pertain to this mod. If you have any questions, feel free to Private Message me, thanks!

Any thoughts on copying over the block breaker machines for automating obsidian and honey type block production? They only break certain blocks right? I mean for instance they can't be used to mine chlorophyte by people trying to exploit right?

Any thoughts on copying over the block breaker machines for automating obsidian and honey type block production? They only break certain blocks right? I mean for instance they can't be used to mine chlorophyte by people trying to exploit right?
I hadn't planned on porting them over as I didn't think people would need large quantities of Obsidian/Honey/Crisp honey. And you are correct, those are the only blocks it can break.

My mining laser isn't mining chlorophyte. Is this a bug, or do you need to pass certain in-game milestones for it to mine the harder ores?

Another mining laser question, but this one is somewhat hypothetical. Let's say i got a mining laser at the very start because i brought it in from another world. What would be the milestones for each ore?

Pretty sure milestones are per world, not character. So, in a brand new world, it would mine the very base stuff it is supposed to mine. So in other words, it won't mine demonite/crimtane/hellstone/hm ores/chlorophyte in a brand new world (though some of those won't exists in a brand new world anyways).

The actual milestones are BoC/EoW, then Skeletron, and lastly, any mechanical boss.

Is there any chance that you might have the older version for Tmodloader 0.9.3? I haven't yet updated to the latest version because a lot of mods have yet to update.

n4ICWpy.png

•Auto-Fisher - automated fishing, just place near water, (needs Reinforced Fishing Pole, 25 Fishing Potions, 30 Platinum/Gold Bars, 10 Enchanted Nightcrawlers, 15 Wire)
You say the fisher only needs to be placed NEAR water, but mine never works unless it's several blocks UNDER the water. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to happen?

Is there any chance that you might have the older version for Tmodloader 0.9.3? I haven't yet updated to the latest version because a lot of mods have yet to update.
This actually hasn't been updated for v0.10 so it should still be working on v0.9.3.... Will be updating to newer tmodloader soon though!

You say the fisher only needs to be placed NEAR water, but mine never works unless it's several blocks UNDER the water. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to happen?
JbUbSUY.png

It checks ~100 blocks in each direction for water and if there is enough water blocks, it works.

Back
Top Bottom