How do you like it?

• Awesome in every way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost :red:ty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sbyner

Terrarian
I am thinking about an absurdly powerful weapon that requires an equally absurd amount of preparation and 5K1LL.

The Fierash (Fiery Rash) is a magic weapon crafted using:

Stuffs and thingses

'So, Sbyner, what now?'
Long story short, it causes a 2 blocks wide eruption, but with a twist:
it summons an eruption where the player clicks, but the eruption arrives after a while

Step 1: you click somewhere, let's say 2500 blocks (5000 feet) over the bottom of the world

Step 2: imagine the effect travels at 300 blocks/second (600 feet/s) (THIS HAPPENS JUST THEORETICALLY);
the effect takes place after ((distance from bottom in feet)/300) seconds

And here are the actual effects and stats:
It causes a 2 blocks wide eruption which shoots upwards a volley of 100-150 projectiles (in a 3 second span) similar to Mourning Wood's Greek Fire with the inaccuracy that you would expect from a volcano
tmp_10939-Volcano_Eruption1825357537.jpg

Just a little more accurate than this

Once the projectiles reach the eruption's apex, about 18 blocks above the starting point of the eruption, they deal 1/3 the base damage.

(Oh dear, here comes this part)

Damage: 80
Crit. Chance: 4%
Knockback: 0
Use time: either 180 or 480, I will explain later on
Mana usage: 150

Also deals On Fire! debuff;

To make this harder to use and less op (implying the op-ness can be fixed), this weapon CAN and WILL damage the player as well, if he's caught in its effect.

Now, about that use time thingy: it could either pierce, and have a 180 use time (3 seconds), or not and have a 480 use time (8 seconds)
Personally, I'd like the 480 one :p

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• tmp_10939-Hellstone_Bar-718007662.png
    tmp_10939-Hellstone_Bar-718007662.png
    244 bytes · Views: 303
  • tmp_10939-Ichor-427002368.png
    tmp_10939-Ichor-427002368.png
    321 bytes · Views: 288
  • tmp_10939-Tissue_Sample-1663614089.png
    tmp_10939-Tissue_Sample-1663614089.png
    347 bytes · Views: 295
  • tmp_10939-Eye_of_the_Golem-761726882.png
    tmp_10939-Eye_of_the_Golem-761726882.png
    553 bytes · Views: 279
Last edited:
While the effect sounds nice, I don't like the recipe at all.

20x
index.php

25x
index.php

30x
index.php

1x
index.php

?x Other Ingredient (May also substitute the EotG)
Seems like a random mishmash more than anything. It's also specific to Crimson worlds, with nothing specific tying it to being bloody or fleshy, seeing as it's a burning weapon. The materials are also too widely scattered, from early-to-mid PHM(Tissue sample), late PHM(Hellstone bars), Early HM(Ichor) and End HM (EotG).

While the effect sounds nice, I don't like the recipe at all.

Seems like a random mishmash more than anything. It's also specific to Crimson worlds, with nothing specific tying it to being bloody or fleshy, seeing as it's a burning weapon. The materials are also too widely scattered, from early-to-mid PHM(Tissue sample), late PHM(Hellstone bars), Early HM(Ichor) and End HM (EotG).
Scheiße, I didn't get away with it: I didn't know what the hell to put in it.

What would you suggest?

inb4 considering to change my nickname to Dr. Mishmash

It's cool in theory, but there seems to be a minor flaw.

Remember, not all of us have supercomputers that can process about 150 projectiles at once. I have experimented with Molotov Cocktails (same projectile as Mourning Wood) in TShock by throwing about 30 into one area instantaneously. My computer normally stays at around 50 FPS, and doing that drops it to about 5 FPS.

Now imagine a computer that clocks around an average of 30 FPS?

What would be nice, is if it lasted for a long time, or the projectiles dissipated very fast.

not all of us have supercomputers that can process about 150 projectiles at once.
Hard to change: the projectiles could be

Partly made of Greek Fire, and partly made of
Flaming stones that explode on impact, releasing short-lasting Greek Fires
The from-eruption Greek Fire would land on the ground and stay there 5 seconds, the Flaming-Bomb-made GF would travel 3 block and then dissipate

An eruption would shoot 50 Greek Fire and 20 Flaming Bombs, which release 5 short-lasting GF each

Still lag-causing, but should be less of a particle issue

In my mind, the Flaming Bombs would look like tiny Staff of Earth boulders

Interesting, but I'm not sure my brain is quite understanding fully what this suggestion is introducing. From what my brain has understood, I can safely say that this looks neat. Though my support is on both sides of the scales.

The idea is pretty cool, I just think its OP because of the recipe.
The idea is pretty cool, I just think its OP because of the recipe.
Ignore the recipe, that's not it.
Interesting, but I'm not sure my brain is quite understanding fully what this suggestion is introducing. From what my brain has understood, I can safely say that this looks neat. Though my support is on both sides of the scales.
What makes your support stutter? Answer and you shall be served.

If you're wanting some red/fire themed materials, there are rubies and living fire blocks that can replace the crimson items?

Isn't that just another name for gonorrhoea?
I have never heard of that, but could be another of the Mourning Wood-tier jokes

If you're wanting some red/fire themed materials, there are rubies and living fire blocks that can replace the crimson items?

New recipe:

25xHell Cinders
1x
tmp_19770-Magma_Stone-718007662.png

20xLihzahrd Bricks (should be changed, this is just for tiering)
1x
tmp_19770-Inferno_Fork1760000621.png

I don't even know what I'm doing with these recipes anymore...

Back
Top Bottom