Filling holes

Calen

Skeletron Prime
I have various underground arenas/farms which work well, but over time ghoulies collect in the holes around them. Filling them with stone/dirt is just laborious. I made the mistake of filling them with sand; at the surface this resulted in creating a desert biome, and underground if there is any corruption/crimson that hasn't been cleansed properly the sand results in accelerated spread of the world evil. (I corrupted part of my jungle this way - I hadn't noticed a tiny bit of corruption I'd missed, and without realising the sand spread the corruption to the jungle which proceeded for some time before I finally became aware.)

Is there an efficient way to fill holes (some of which are rather large - in excess of 1000 blocks - without risking evil spread? Or are background walls a better way?

How about dirt bombs? though I didn't really tested them.

Dirt itself is non-corruptible, as long as there's no grass on it.

I hadn't considered that, thank you. I'll have to experiment to see how good it is at filling completely.

I've sometimes used the Bottomless Lava Bucket since it's always in my Money Trough and enemies can't spawn in lava. Obviously this is a contentious "solution" as it's a liquid and a harmful one at that, but the bucket fills up said holes/rooms extremely quickly and is an infinite resource so it's pretty useful, especially since I'm usually wearing Terraspark to mitigate some of the harm. It might look a bit out of place depending on what biome you're placing said lava in though.

That would work well in the lower cavern layer, though I probably wouldn't use it elsewhere. I use the drill mount a lot and I can foresee unexpected lava falls lol. Best get a lava sponge before using that.

Dirt bombs did the trick, but I'll definitely consider this lower down.

Back
Top Bottom