Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

I would give an arm and a leg to have Jack Garland's default outfit from Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin in here. Maybe a few weapons too, but I'm not gonna push my luck, an outfit would be more than enough.

Yep, I completely agree. One of the reasons why the current update is taking so long is that we are going and not only animating every single boss and updating AI, but also adding visuals like you mentioned with the teleport.

It's in the works :)

I have been posting updates mainly to discord, but I wanted to post a few here. The mod is close to a very large update.

Also just wanted to say, I just recently added another dev to the team, and we're always looking to get help with sprites. If you are interested in contributing sprites, feel free to contact me, there are still MANY characters left to be added to the mod. We're at 62 currently.

Moogle minion summon weapon!
HiPYb8e.gif

Moogle slimes
JU5pe3W.gif

Kain's outfit ability, a dragoon stomp, which does more damage if you are holding a spear
7BrsD1f.gif

Cecil's Darkness attack
6KBOFqZ.gif

After all this time, I have released v0.5 of the mod.

4bCtUNo.png

uabBJ6L.gif

pSQBNwO.gif

wKPA7Y5.gif

baaQWBA.gif

Changelog for v0.5

Main Features:
EXP System
-Players will earn exp for every enemy and boss they defeat. The EXP earned is based on their max HP.
-Defeating a boss for the first time awards a large amount of bonus EXP as well.
-The EXP bar and level up effect can both be toggled off.

Elemental System
-Fixes and tweaks to the damage calcs

Enemy Types
-Enemies can now be one of several types. These are: Beast, undead, flying, dragon, fiend, humanoid, machine, plant, flan, giant, aquatic, magical, insect, goblin
-Scan will show what type they are
-Some equipment will deal more damage / reduce damage from specific types

Item Tag system
-Added icons to visually show what weapons belong to what weapon type. Ex: Broadsword, Axe, Katana, Flail, etc
-This is just a visual change, so you can be sure of what effects work with what weapons
Character skills and stats:
-Every character outfit will now give stats when equipped as a set
-These stats increase as you level up
-There is a hotkey for Active character skills, default is C. Passive skills always take effect without the hotkey
-The following characters have skills:
FF1 - Warrior of Light: Passive skill - all non-elemental Broadswords will deal Holy damage
FF2 - Firion: Passive skill - +5% speed with Broadswords, +5% crit with Shortswords, +5% damage with Spears
FF3 - Luneth: Passive skill - +15% damage with Broadswords, -15% damage with all other weapons
FF4 - Cid: Active skill - Scan, costs no MP to use. Passive skill - deals extra damage to all Machine type enemies
FF4 - Dark Cecil: Active skill - Darkness. Fires 3 waves of dark energy, damage based on equipped weapon, extra dmg with Broadswords. Drains 8% of your own HP.
FF4 - Kain: Active skill - Dragoon Dive. Dive down and bounce off of an enemy. Deals extra damage if holding a Spear.
FF4 - Rosa: Active skill - Aim. Grants a buff, next ranged attack has a 100% crit rate.
FF4 - Rydia: Passive skill - Reduced cooldown for all Espers and Eidolons (approx 30%)
FF6 - Celes: Active skill - Runic - Absorb one magic attack and regain Mana
FF6 - Cyan: Active skill - Bushido - Press hotkey to bring up the charge bar. Press again to use the specific attack. More attacks unlocked as you level
FF6 - Edgar: Active skill - Buff that gives +20% atk speed for all Tools, Autocrossbow gains a chance to not consume ammo
FF6 - Sabin: Active skill - Buff that gives +20% atk and +20 crit for Blitz skills
FF6 - Setzer: Active skill - Slots. Random effect based on the outcome of the slots
FF6 - Terra: Active skill - Morph. Morph into Esper Terra, duration based on max Mana. Gain 20% boost to Magic and Summon dmg, and movement buffs
FF6 - Umaro: Passive skill - Resistant to Ice damage
FF6 - Imperial Soldier, Cadet, Corporal, Sergeant: Passive skill - Deal extra damage with all of the Magitek Armor's attacks
FF6 - Banon: Active skill - Health. Heal yourself and any nearby ally for a small amount
FF6 - Vargas: Active skill - Give all Blitz skills a 100% crit rate in exchange for losing half of your current health
FFMQ - Benjamin: Active skill - Dragon claw, a grapping hook that can also harm enemies. Only has a cooldown if it strikes an enemy
FFMQ - Kaeli: Active skill - Giant's axe. Can attack enemies, can also fell a tree instantly
FFMQ - Phoebe: Passive skill - Cat's Claw. Can slowly slide down walls, this stacks with climbing claws and spike shoes
FFMQ - Reuben: Passive skill - Resistant to Fire damage, deal +10% more damage with Flails
Items:
-12 new types of arrows have been added, all obtained by crafting
-For Blitz, AirBlade and BumRush have been added, unlocked through leveling
-Bushido has moved to character skills rather than items
-For Tools, AirAnchor and Debilitator have been added, unlocked through leveling
-Many new character outfits have been added, totaling 80
-Esper Terra is no longer a separate outfit, but a transformation effect for Terra
-Added Green Cherry, Tent, and Warp Stone
-Added Bomb, Grenade, and Moogle summon weapons
-Added Phoenix, Palidor, and Odin summons
-Added level 1 and 2 spells for all elements. (Stone, Dia, Wind, etc). Obtained through crafting or drops
-Added several new weapons as loot from bosses
-Added several new accessories as enemy drops
-All Chocobo mounts except Gold are now obtainable in Pre-HM
-Added a set of paintings obtained from the Traveling Merchant. He sells 1 random one at a time
-Added relics and trophies for each boss
-Added 1 new type of chest
NPCs:
-Added Odin and Typhon bosses
-Ultros, Shiva, Ifrit, Phantom Train have all had their AIs redone
-Ramuh has had several attacks tweaked to make it more fair
-Animations added to several bosses
-Added Imperial Air Force event
-Added several types of Chocobo critter that can be caught with a net, and used as pets
-Changed some shop contents to be unlocked based on level rather than a boss fight
-Tweaked health values of existing NPCs
-Added the following enemies:
Moogle Slime
Sand Ray
Earth Guard
Trilobiter
Elementals (1 per element, 9 total)
Ghost
Heavy Armor
SpitFire
Bomb
Grenade
Mind Flayer

Misc:
Added several new music tracks
Added dozens of new SFX

I've published v.0.1.5 just now! I've added in a bunch more placeable items as a small weekend update.

I've added metal signs for an item shop, Chocobo rental shop, and weapon shop. I've also added the alternative wooden versions of all of the signs, 7 in total. And I've added in a set of lanterns!

View attachment 356785

I love this idea! however, when I made the sign I cannot place it on wall at all...

So the wooden signs are placed not on the wall but attached to something above it, like a hanging sign. The metal ones can be placed on the wall.

I just downloaded this mod! Im loving it so far! I do have a question though that I couldnt really find any information on, What does leveling up do excatly?

I just downloaded this mod! Im loving it so far! I do have a question though that I couldnt really find any information on, What does leveling up do excatly?

Sure so leveling up increases the stats given by all of the character outfits, assuming you are wearing them as armor and not vanity. It raises their defense, stat bonuses, and skill damages for certain ones that have skills.

The mod has a wiki although it's incomplete: FFDM Wiki

Back
Top Bottom