Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

It has been a few months since I last checked this out. Really impressive stuff so far!
The Sky Armor enemy looks super cool. And the FF6 aesthetic really fits well into Terraria.

Best of luck with the continued development!

It has been a few months since I last checked this out. Really impressive stuff so far!
The Sky Armor enemy looks super cool. And the FF6 aesthetic really fits well into Terraria.

Best of luck with the continued development!

Thanks, I'm glad you like what I've done so far! There's a lot more coming to the mod, so keep an eye on it :)

Hey, i have tried out this mod, and i gotta say some things about it...

1) The mechanical arrow's hitbox does not match the sprite's at all, in fact, the sprite seems to be below and behind the actual hitbox.
2) IDK if it's meant to be like that, but the imperial army event really needs a touch-up. All but one enemies have the same AI as a zombie (aka. "fighter AI") and are actually weaker than one, making the event itself a joke (the only exception being the magiteck armor, which are little more than living targets with how slow it's movements and attacks are), and the boss that appears after you finish the event needs a serious HP buff, right now it has pretty much as much survivability than the tail of the EoW. Because of that, i skimmed through the entire event even with only gold equipment.

Don't take it as me not liking the mod, a find it awesome, but it's still too rough, and i think you should polish the existing content, before adding more into it.

Hey, i have tried out this mod, and i gotta say some things about it...

1) The mechanical arrow's hitbox does not match the sprite's at all, in fact, the sprite seems to be below and behind the actual hitbox.
2) IDK if it's meant to be like that, but the imperial army event really needs a touch-up. All but one enemies have the same AI as a zombie (aka. "fighter AI") and are actually weaker than one, making the event itself a joke (the only exception being the magiteck armor, which are little more than living targets with how slow it's movements and attacks are), and the boss that appears after you finish the event needs a serious HP buff, right now it has pretty much as much survivability than the tail of the EoW. Because of that, i skimmed through the entire event even with only gold equipment.

Don't take it as me not liking the mod, a find it awesome, but it's still too rough, and i think you should polish the existing content, before adding more into it.
Not at all, I am happy for the feedback :)

I will look into the mechanical arrow's hitbox, I didn't realize there was any issue with it.

The event is supposed to be somewhat easy, as beating it is required to unlock the NPC that sells character abilities, and I wanted those available fairly early. But it sounds like I may have just made it too easy. I will work on better AI for the mobs, custom AI is something I have been focusing on recently. A lot of things in the mod are being overhauled for the next version, thanks to feedback like yours!

The event is supposed to be somewhat easy, as beating it is required to unlock the NPC that sells character abilities, and I wanted those available fairly early. But it sounds like I may have just made it too easy. I will work on better AI for the mobs, custom AI is something I have been focusing on recently. A lot of things in the mod are being overhauled for the next version, thanks to feedback like yours!
That i can understand, but even if it's meant to be easy, it still needs to be more interesting than the current version. For example, you could make some of the monsters faster, while others have swords for a larger threat range, etc. And, i think a good HP for the flying armor would be 750-1000 in normal mode, personally.

So I tested this out, can I ask what weapon you tried with? The hit detection seems fine with both the vanilla gold bow and the autocrossbow. See below, I tested it and was able to skim the heads of the dummies to hit only 2 of the 4, the hitbox seems to be where it should be.
bowtest.gif

For the invasion, I am working on giving the soldiers some swords and bows, as well as making the Sky Armor stronger.

So I tested this out, can I ask what weapon you tried with? The hit detection seems fine with both the vanilla gold bow and the autocrossbow. See below, I tested it and was able to skim the heads of the dummies to hit only 2 of the 4, the hitbox seems to be where it should be.
I tested it in an hallowed repeater, i allso tended to shoot downwards, as the issue is more visible this way, but the other directions seem fine.

idk if its just a design choice (idk if that is the right term here) but the imperial event uses the default background music - like if i spawn them in the forest biome, they have forest theme, etc. it would be nice, imo, if the event had the boss 1 theme playing in the background or something..

Last edited:
I tested it in an hallowed repeater, i allso tended to shoot downwards, as the issue is more visible this way, but the other directions seem fine.
So I was actually able to confirm that this is happening, shooting downwards seems to extend the hitbox to the right for some reason. Thanks for reporting, I will work on this.

idk if its just a design choice (idk if that is the right term here) but the imperial event uses the default background music - like if i spawn them in the forest biome, they have forest theme, etc. it would be nice, imo, if the event had the boss 1 theme playing in the background or something.
I agree and I will add background music to the event. I unintentionally left it off, originally it had the wrong music set.

Last edited:
Back with some more updates to show! (I post more frequently on the mod discord, hint hint)

First is a teaser of some of the new items, as well as showing off unique sprites for each magicite.
inventory1.png

Gau will have his outfit added!
gau.gif

The meteor spell in action!
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

God all of this looks so good. I'm still waiting patiently for this to come out.
Thanks! It's taken much longer than I originally planned to release it for 1.4, but I've also added much much more than originally planned.

Although I'm at the point now where I am just testing and refining the content, so release should be near!

Thanks! It's taken much longer than I originally planned to release it for 1.4, but I've also added much much more than originally planned.

Although I'm at the point now where I am just testing and refining the content, so release should be near!
Whoo. Hype train.

Just some more previews!

Drain spell
vomWP2a.gif

Thundara
2S472rG.gif
Oooh man. Classic spell effects looking good. I'm curious how useful Drain will be though. It looks relatively slow? Does that little circle follow the player or do you need to stand still for it?

Back
Top Bottom