Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

You know, a simple inn and bottle with mugs sign, helps quite a lot in terms of building. At the moment, I do the item frame thing and put a mug on it for tavern and a bed for inn/hotel. A straight up "Inn" sign is actually pretty useful. Really, FF6 just plain works with Terraria, aesthetically, despite FF6's generally darker tones. As another random idea, do you think it would be possible to create furniture using the sprites of Chocobos, Magitek Mechs etc? There's a mod called Wacky NPCs which have various furniture that use sprite art, thus making it possible to populate towns with "people". I'm just suddenly left wondering how cool it'd be to have a hangar/courtyard parked with Magitek Armor, or a stable with Chocobos. I also look forward to the Draco costume, if you should ever do it.

Glad to hear my Cid idea got through, w00t.

If you ever get around to music boxes, I would imagine it'd be the Impresario selling them?

Anywho, hope you continue to work on this. As you can tell, I have quite a love for FF6 as well.

Oh no worries, I am not going to stop working on the mod.

Regarding other furniture, I would like to add more, but the items that fit with Terraria's style are mostly wall decor, paintings, banners, etc. I will see what other items I can add in.
For music boxes, that would have to be a separate mod actually due to file size limits.

I'm working on completing all of the content for pre-hardmode for the next update. I plan to add 3 more NPCs, Cid to sell magicite, and 2 more to sell weapons and skills (Blitzes, Tools, Bushido techniques, etc). The update will also contain all of the pre-hardmode weapons and Espers, and I'm working on a custom invasion! I added in the different Imperial soldiers, the Magitek soldier, and I want to add a few more. Next up is tweaking their AI and adding custom projectiles for the Magitek armor.

ToUUYdP.png

this looks awesome - final fantasy 6 is one of my all-time favorite games.

cant wait for the next update to come out.
you better include "the phantom forest" theme in the mod, its one of the best tracks in the whole game.

this looks awesome - final fantasy 6 is one of my all-time favorite games.

cant wait for the next update to come out.
you better include "the phantom forest" theme in the mod, its one of the best tracks in the whole game.

Glad you're enjoying so far!

Actually it turns out adding in music boxes is much easier than I thought, so enjoy this comfy vid (with zombie noises) that I put together this morning. I'd still need to turn this into it's own mod because of how large the soundtrack is but it's certainly doable.

I've published v.0.1.5 just now! I've added in a bunch more placeable items as a small weekend update.

I've added metal signs for an item shop, Chocobo rental shop, and weapon shop. I've also added the alternative wooden versions of all of the signs, 7 in total. And I've added in a set of lanterns!

Tiles.png

Hey, could you lower the spawn rate of the soldiers a bit? I'm on hard mode and it spawns soldiers 99% of the time at night; I would like to see the vanilla enemies without having to turn off the mod!

Hey, could you lower the spawn rate of the soldiers a bit? I'm on hard mode and it spawns soldiers 99% of the time at night; I would like to see the vanilla enemies without having to turn off the mod!

Yep I'm sorry about that, I had some leftover code in the soldiers. They will only be spawnable within the invasion event I am making, and won't spawn randomly at night. I fixed this and just updated the mod on the mod browser to v0.1.6.

hey there! i just might be dumb, and i don't mean to be a bother- how does one get the other Chocobo mounts?? i heard you could craft the other ones, but i am not entirely sure how. really sorry if this is a dumb question!

hey there! i just might be dumb, and i don't mean to be a bother- how does one get the other Chocobo mounts?? i heard you could craft the other ones, but i am not entirely sure how. really sorry if this is a dumb question!
Should download recipe browser off the mod browser. It helps with questions like this.

To answer the question though you just need 10 coral for blue and I think 10 jungle spores for green then 1 of every potion plant type and the two other types for black.

Should download recipe browser off the mod browser. It helps with questions like this.

To answer the question though you just need 10 coral for blue and I think 10 jungle spores for green then 1 of every potion plant type and the two other types for black.
thank you, this helps a lot!

I'm back with a preview on the next update! I've got several new costumes made, including Setzer, Esper Terra, Banon, Emperor Gestahl, the Imperial Soldiers, the Narshe Guard, Cid, and the dancer AKA licentious howler. Take a look!
hvKl0ct.png

(Esper Terra looks like she has extra pixels, but the mannequin is just larger than her outfit. It displays fine on your character)

All of the new outfits are cosmetic costumes, but Setzer has an effect. When his set is equipped, you will have better odds with the Dice and Fixed Dice throwing weapons. These deal random damage every throw, based on if you roll a 1 - 6. Setzer's outfit gives better chances to roll anything above a 1.
I'm continuing to work on magic spells and weapons and will post more when I have them done. I also want to add a few more costumes before the next update as well.
Also, I've set up a Discord for the mod, feel free to join. Join the World of Ruin - FF6 Mod for Terraria Discord Server!

I'm back with yet more content previews! And a plug to join our Discord where I post things like this more frequently - Discord link

I've added in Setzer's slot ability, Celes's Runic, and did more work on enemy AI. Here are some previews. (using spoilers cause there are lots of GIFs)

The slot functions just like in FF6, you use it, the slots pick a random ability to use once they stop spinning.
Qzbu0Zc.gif

Lagomorph
LMS76gt.gif

7-Flush
hXDjauL.gif

Chocobop
sPK20Pb.gif

H-Bomb
OwZGa6l.gif

Joker Doom
eTeAHn7.gif

And one preview of Sky Armor, who shoots missiles and drops napalm
AV7BLj8.gif

Happy to report I have just published version 0.2! This is the first big content update for pre-hardmode.
This update adds a ton:
-Several new character costumes, including Banon, Emperor Gestahl and 4 Imperial Soldiers, Gogo, Setzer, Cid, the Narshe Guard and the Dancing Lady.
-8 Esper summons
-9 Magic spells
-1 invasion event featuring 5 enemies and 1 miniboss
-12 Character skills (Blitz, Bushido, Tools, Runic and Slots)
-2 Accessories
-3 additional Shop NPCs, for 4 total
-14 Weapons

Please give me any and all feedback so I can keep improving my mod :) Please join the Discord as well! - Join the Final Fantasy 6 - World of Ruin Discord Server!

Now that this update is out, I am going to work on porting the mod over to version 1.4.

Happy to report I have just published version 0.2! This is the first big content update for pre-hardmode.
This update adds a ton:
-Several new character costumes, including Banon, Emperor Gestahl and 4 Imperial Soldiers, Gogo, Setzer, Cid, the Narshe Guard and the Dancing Lady.
-8 Esper summons
-9 Magic spells
-1 invasion event featuring 5 enemies and 1 miniboss
-12 Character skills (Blitz, Bushido, Tools, Runic and Slots)
-2 Accessories
-3 additional Shop NPCs, for 4 total
-14 Weapons

Please give me any and all feedback so I can keep improving my mod :) Please join the Discord as well! - Join the Final Fantasy 6 - World of Ruin Discord Server!

Now that this update is out, I am going to work on porting the mod over to version 1.4.
Nice and good luck with porting i found it a pain but i suppose that was because i hadn't touched C# code for a lil while lol :p

1. The damage of the special ability weapons is too low.
Maybe if the compensation for the costume set is balanced to, for example, +1000% (10x) in the end, it would be decently usable even after hard mode.

2. The background music for the Imperial Guard attack event is the normal one (i.e., the biome of the current location).

3. Slot display is affected by ambient brightness, so it is not visible at night.

#2 is an item that I fixed in the most recent update for the mod. If you update, the music change will be gone.
#3 is something I can fix quite easily, I will add light to the slot display.

For #1, I will take another pass through the character skills. I was considering changing the outfit bonuses to a flat bonus instead, rather than a percentage. So for example, Bushido - Fang does 10 damage. I could make it so that as soon as you enter Hard Mode, it gets a flat +30 damage, making it right in line with the Cobalt sword at that point, and it would further increase from there. Does that sound better?

For #1, I will take another pass through the character skills. I was considering changing the outfit bonuses to a flat bonus instead, rather than a percentage. So for example, Bushido - Fang does 10 damage. I could make it so that as soon as you enter Hard Mode, it gets a flat +30 damage, making it right in line with the Cobalt sword at that point, and it would further increase from there. Does that sound better?
I think setting the flat damage individually is a better idea, more flexible than simply making the whole thing add up!

does the event begin automatically at some point in the game or do i have to "activate" it myself?
You can purchase the Imperial Missive item from the Merchant NPC and that's what'll start the event. You can start it any time you'd like, no prerequisites.

Back
Top Bottom