• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Final Fantasy 6 Mod (WIP, Currently recruiting)

michaelsoftman

Terrarian
Time for more updates! I've been putting in lots of work to the "leveling system". This mod won't add EXP or leveling, but rather the character equipment will get stronger as you defeat bosses! For example, say you are using Terra's set and it gives 7 DEF total, with 5% magic damage. After beating the EOC, the same set would give 11 DEF total and 7% magic damage, 3% magic crit. This would affect every character set, so as long as a boss is defeated in that world, all the sets would be improved.

Some other updates. Here's an example of Reflect in action:
ReflectGIF.gif

Here's the Unicorn summon, which removes many different debuffs from you. (The debuff that appears after is a cooldown timer on the Esper summons)
UnicornGIF.gif

And finally, just some sprites for spell books. These are all custom since FF6 doesn't have any spell book graphics. The ones below are for healing and effect spells, like Cure, Haste, Reflect, Shell, etc.
Spellbooks.png

michaelsoftman

Terrarian
Time for another update!

I've completed the 'level up' mechanic that the character outfits will use, so I've been going through each set to assign the stats and bonuses. Here's an example below. On the left is the Lvl 1 set of equipment, which is how it is when you purchase it. On the right is Lvl 20, which is after having beaten the King Slime and EoC. No crafting or upgrading needed, the armor will grow in defense and the bonuses will increase with each boss defeated.
Statwindow.png

I've also just been working on completing the effects for the various swords and other weapons. Here's a few that are done:
Atma Weapon - Deals damage based on current HP * 2.
Organyx - Damage and crit is based on how high your current mana is, costs mana to swing.
Drainer - Restores HP based on damage done to target.
SoulSabre - Restores Mana based on damage done to target.
I've also been adding in 'alt fire' for some weapons, like the Sniper and Hawkeye. Their standard attack is to be thrown like a boomerang, but alt fire will be a melee attack instead with increased damage.

Finally, I'm working on some crafting items that will be dropped by the bosses, in order to craft weapons and espers.

michaelsoftman

Terrarian
I demand to suplex all bosses. ALL BOSSES MUST BE SUPLEX'D.

Also do you have like a discord or something to follow for updates?
Actually I did set up a discord, but there is nothing on it yet or any users. I want to start using it around the time where I would ask for people to test out the mod, before release. I'll try to keep the 1st post of this thread more up to date for now.
WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX! WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX!
If suplexing the wall of flesh crashes the game, then it is working as intended. :)

Chime

Skeletron Prime
WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX! WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX!
The Wall of Flesh Suplex will be our Terrarian version of the train.
Actually I did set up a discord, but there is nothing on it yet or any users. I want to start using it around the time where I would ask for people to test out the mod, before release. I'll try to keep the 1st post of this thread more up to date for now.

If suplexing the wall of flesh crashes the game, then it is working as intended. :)
Oh ho? Well I shall keep an eye out for that then. Final Fantasy has been my life of games and 6 has far and beyond been my favorite.

And yes. The Wall shall be suplexed and it will be glorious.

Top Bottom