Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

Time for more updates! I've been putting in lots of work to the "leveling system". This mod won't add EXP or leveling, but rather the character equipment will get stronger as you defeat bosses! For example, say you are using Terra's set and it gives 7 DEF total, with 5% magic damage. After beating the EOC, the same set would give 11 DEF total and 7% magic damage, 3% magic crit. This would affect every character set, so as long as a boss is defeated in that world, all the sets would be improved.

Some other updates. Here's an example of Reflect in action:
ReflectGIF.gif

Here's the Unicorn summon, which removes many different debuffs from you. (The debuff that appears after is a cooldown timer on the Esper summons)
UnicornGIF.gif

And finally, just some sprites for spell books. These are all custom since FF6 doesn't have any spell book graphics. The ones below are for healing and effect spells, like Cure, Haste, Reflect, Shell, etc.
Spellbooks.png

Time for another update!

I've completed the 'level up' mechanic that the character outfits will use, so I've been going through each set to assign the stats and bonuses. Here's an example below. On the left is the Lvl 1 set of equipment, which is how it is when you purchase it. On the right is Lvl 20, which is after having beaten the King Slime and EoC. No crafting or upgrading needed, the armor will grow in defense and the bonuses will increase with each boss defeated.
Statwindow.png

I've also just been working on completing the effects for the various swords and other weapons. Here's a few that are done:
Atma Weapon - Deals damage based on current HP * 2.
Organyx - Damage and crit is based on how high your current mana is, costs mana to swing.
Drainer - Restores HP based on damage done to target.
SoulSabre - Restores Mana based on damage done to target.
I've also been adding in 'alt fire' for some weapons, like the Sniper and Hawkeye. Their standard attack is to be thrown like a boomerang, but alt fire will be a melee attack instead with increased damage.

Finally, I'm working on some crafting items that will be dropped by the bosses, in order to craft weapons and espers.

Actually yes, I figured out code that should be able to suplex an enemy. I'll try to make that my next update post. :)
I demand to suplex all bosses. ALL BOSSES MUST BE SUPLEX'D.

Also do you have like a discord or something to follow for updates?

I demand to suplex all bosses. ALL BOSSES MUST BE SUPLEX'D.

Also do you have like a discord or something to follow for updates?
Actually I did set up a discord, but there is nothing on it yet or any users. I want to start using it around the time where I would ask for people to test out the mod, before release. I'll try to keep the 1st post of this thread more up to date for now.
WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX! WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX!
If suplexing the wall of flesh crashes the game, then it is working as intended. :)

WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX! WALL OF FLESH SUPLEX!
The Wall of Flesh Suplex will be our Terrarian version of the train.
Actually I did set up a discord, but there is nothing on it yet or any users. I want to start using it around the time where I would ask for people to test out the mod, before release. I'll try to keep the 1st post of this thread more up to date for now.

If suplexing the wall of flesh crashes the game, then it is working as intended. :)
Oh ho? Well I shall keep an eye out for that then. Final Fantasy has been my life of games and 6 has far and beyond been my favorite.

And yes. The Wall shall be suplexed and it will be glorious.

I'm back with more updates. I have been working on structuring the mod's items, basically choosing each crafting recipe, and where each item appears in the progression. It's taken a bit but now that that's out of the way, I am working on fun stuff. Edgar finally has his autocrossbow! It shoots as fast as the minishark.

ezgif-7-2bc7ee0e9dfa.gif

How have I not known about this mod? This looks incredible! I'm gonna watch this like a hawk! :)
Thanks!

Also I'm back with updates. Sorry for the delay between posts, my wife and I are actually in the process of buying our first home. So real life is just a bit busy at the moment.
This is also a plug for if anyone is interested in helping out with development, I'm currently doing this all solo. :)

Here's Edgar's Bioblaster. Low dmg but applies poison.
BioBlaster.gif

Chainsaw and Drill. They mine blocks and cut trees too.
DrillChainsaw.gif

Cyan's 'Dragon' bushido ability. Restores HP and MP when hitting an enemy.
Dragon.gif

Hi all, just wanted to post an update and say the mod is still being worked on, sorry for not posting more frequently. Life has just been busy.

I am currently looking to hire a coder (paid) to help me in finishing the Esper summons, so the mod doesn't take so long to release. If you're interested, please message me.

Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted, but rest assured I have been hard at work on the mod! Things have finally settled down after I moved into my new home. I've added a ton of content since my last post, and just wanted to share an update.

First, I started adding in some decorative items. Here's the painting of Starlet!
But also notice, Kefka's riding a blue Chocobo. That's right, I've added in Chocobo breeding from FF7!
You start with a standard yellow Chocobo, and can later on have blue, green, and black ones, all with their own unique abilities. The blue chocobo can walk on water, for example.
ZdXrXTA.png

Next, I've even started adding in enemies to the game, with me drawing their animations! Here's the Sky Armor, and also an early preview of the Meteor spell.
1z4A9UU.gif

I've added 12 different pets into the game! Here's everyone's favorite, Ultros.
LfA2YEB.gif

Besides the above, I've been doing lots of graphical work. I've added dozens of projectiles and buffs / debuffs, some dusts, even custom wings based on the final boss of FF6. I will try to post more updates frequently.

Oh man and I was JUST thinking about this mod when this popped up. Glad to see progress has really been going.

Back
Top Bottom