Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

Well I was thinking it'd only instakill enemies and then do extra damage on bosses similarly to Auron's overdrive Shooting Star in ff10 (like 4x the damage)

Hm. I see. I approve of anything ff6 related. I shall watch this thread very carefully and pray it sees the light of day.

Hm. I see. I approve of anything ff6 related. I shall watch this thread very carefully and pray it sees the light of day.

Don't worry, I would like to release the mod once I'm done with the basics - Character costumes, weapons, magic, and summons. (And Chocobo mount). Everything else I have planned that's more complex, like custom biomes and bosses, would be later on down the line.

Don't worry, I would like to release the mod once I'm done with the basics - Character costumes, weapons, magic, and summons. (And Chocobo mount). Everything else I have planned that's more complex, like custom biomes and bosses, would be later on down the line.

What are you thinking for custom biomes?

What are you thinking for custom biomes?

I had two main ideas. One is to have Figaro castle in the desert, I would want it to be just 3 or 4 small rooms with some starting items from the mod, and some decorations in it, as well as a basement with a cave path leading downwards, just for an extra exploration path.

The other idea is for a Floating Continent biome, in either corner of the map above the sea. It'd be where you fight Atma Weapon, aka Ultima Weapon. I'd also have it as an alternate way to trigger hard mode, instead of beating the Wall of Flesh.

The summons interest me the most so I'm curious and excited to see those. The costumes next and the rest is a bonus to me personally. Still if it all progresses well I'd probably keep this as a constant mod on for most playthroughs depending on what all these items do. Like the Kirin one you showed off could pair well with, say, Thorium's Healer class for multiplayer.

I had two main ideas. One is to have Figaro castle in the desert, I would want it to be just 3 or 4 small rooms with some starting items from the mod, and some decorations in it, as well as a basement with a cave path leading downwards, just for an extra exploration path.

The other idea is for a Floating Continent biome, in either corner of the map above the sea. It'd be where you fight Atma Weapon, aka Ultima Weapon. I'd also have it as an alternate way to trigger hard mode, instead of beating the Wall of Flesh.
Figaro Castle in the desert huh? That could be pretty neat. A decent base to start off in too probably. Ultima Weapon sounds cool too though I'm curious how feasible it is to trigger hard mode that way? I guess it depends on how the game would react to that scenario happening.

I would be careful adding an alternate way to trigger hard mode. If anything I would just add Ultima Weapon to hard mode and not mess with whatever code affects going into hard mode. I think there must be a reason mods do not change this even when they change significant amounts of stuff.

I would be careful adding an alternate way to trigger hard mode. If anything I would just add Ultima Weapon to hard mode and not mess with whatever code affects going into hard mode. I think there must be a reason mods do not change this even when they change significant amounts of stuff.

I'll keep that in mind, I haven't tried it out or tested it, but I thought it would be neat if it were possible, as in FF6 the Floating Continent was the midpoint between the 2 different worlds, so it seemed to fit the theme. As an alternate idea I could always have it be the trigger for a mod specific event instead of hard mode.

The summons interest me the most so I'm curious and excited to see those. The costumes next and the rest is a bonus to me personally. Still if it all progresses well I'd probably keep this as a constant mod on for most playthroughs depending on what all these items do. Like the Kirin one you showed off could pair well with, say, Thorium's Healer class for multiplayer.

I'll have some more to post over the weekend, I'm trying to make the summons and magic as varied as possible. Lots of the summons have good utility that fits right in with how Terraria works, like Kirin can give you regen, Starlet and Seraphim can heal, Unicorn can remove debuffs, Stray and Siren can give debuffs to enemies.

And then Bahamut would just nuke the screen. :)

I'll keep that in mind, I haven't tried it out or tested it, but I thought it would be neat if it were possible, as in FF6 the Floating Continent was the midpoint between the 2 different worlds, so it seemed to fit the theme. As an alternate idea I could always have it be the trigger for a mod specific event instead of hard mode.

I'll have some more to post over the weekend, I'm trying to make the summons and magic as varied as possible. Lots of the summons have good utility that fits right in with how Terraria works, like Kirin can give you regen, Starlet and Seraphim can heal, Unicorn can remove debuffs, Stray and Siren can give debuffs to enemies.

And then Bahamut would just nuke the screen. :)
A mod specific event is a better idea than changing how hardmode is triggered imo.

Just wanted to give a weekly update. I've finished a few more of the support type esper summons. They are:

Seraphim and Starlet: Both simply heal you, Starlet is the stronger of the 2.
Fenrir: Gives a shadow dodge buff, with a chance to retain the buff after being hit.
Unicorn: Removes certain debuffs from you. Will remove Poison, Darkness, On Fire, Bleeding, Confused, Slow, Weak, and Chilled.
Zoneseeker: Raises def against projectiles.
Carbunkle: Gives you a reflect status, will reflect most projectiles and they will damage enemies.
Phantom: Turns you invisble, also lowers enemy aggression and spawn rates.

Just a quick update, it's still being worked on! I know I haven't posted in a while on this thread, but my personal life has actually been super busy - my wife and I are having a baby soon!

I'll have some updates soon!

It's time for some updates!

I've added the Merchant NPC. There will be two total, this one sells the different outfits for each character. Buy the outfit bag and open it to get the 3 pieces needed. He moves in as soon as there's an open house, so that way you don't have to wait to play as a character you want. There will be a 2nd merchant who sells weapons, magic, and other items.
Merchant.png

And here's a test of a support Esper, Stray Cat. Staying true to FF6, Stray Cat will confuse all enemies on screen, if they are within a certain range, and if there is a clear line of sight between Stray Cat and the target.
StrayGIF.gif

Last edited:
It's time for some updates!

I've added the Merchant NPC. There will be two total, this one sells the different outfits for each character. Buy the outfit bag and open it to get the 3 pieces needed. He moves in as soon as there's an open house, so that way you don't have to wait to play as a character you want. There will be a 2nd merchant who sells weapons, magic, and other items.
View attachment 314783

And here's a test of a support Esper, Stray Cat. Staying true to FF6, Stray Cat will confuse all enemies on screen, if they are within a certain range, and if there is a clear line of sight between Stray Cat and the target.
View attachment 314795
You doing it all based on FF6 or will you hit other games? FF6 doesn't have quite a few of them though it does have terra, for repeat summons I guess you'd have to think of the best looking/best attacking.
Noticed theres a small amount of magic; is there progression or is that spells in their final forms? (no progression just firaga, blizzaga, thundaga etc though im sure magic progression would be nice)

You doing it all based on FF6 or will you hit other games? FF6 doesn't have quite a few of them though it does have terra, for repeat summons I guess you'd have to think of the best looking/best attacking.
Noticed theres a small amount of magic; is there progression or is that spells in their final forms? (no progression just firaga, blizzaga, thundaga etc though im sure magic progression would be nice)

This mod is based specifically on FF6. I have a lot of content to get through for this game before I even consider other FFs, but if I did start adding from other FFs I'd add those into a separate mod. For magic, there are progressive spells. For example, Fire, Fira, Firaga, and Firaja, all would be in the mod.

This mod is based specifically on FF6. I have a lot of content to get through for this game before I even consider other FFs, but if I did start adding from other FFs I'd add those into a separate mod. For magic, there are progressive spells. For example, Fire, Fira, Firaga, and Firaja, all would be in the mod.
magic progression would be great even standalone, terrarias got so much up and down in terms of magic progression

When you say separate mod you literally mean a FF1 mod, FF2 mod etc or would you just do extension mods and turn this into a FF core mod which has shared things but if you wanted summons from 4, 7 and 10 you can just get those extensions?

magic progression would be great even standalone, terrarias got so much up and down in terms of magic progression

When you say separate mod you literally mean a FF1 mod, FF2 mod etc or would you just do extension mods and turn this into a FF core mod which has shared things but if you wanted summons from 4, 7 and 10 you can just get those extensions?

Oh I wouldn't go through each FF game and make a separate mod, I'd be modding for a decade lol. After this mod is completed, I'd like to do a costumes mod so you can play as characters from other FFs, but I wouldn't do all of the content for each game like this one. FF6 is just my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom