PC [Finished!] Castlevania SOTN. A To-Scale Replica of Dracula's Castle.

I would use 2 player sensors with a flip-flop gate so when the player hits the sensor closer to the fountain it turns to blood and when they hit the sensor going away it turns back to water.

I have a Super Metroid Map. Someone made it along time ago, but handed it off when they quit. Someone else finished it, and then made a mod pack for it. I don't have the modpack, just the map. I'd give credit where credit is due, but I do not know the original creators name, or the guy who finished it and made the mod pack. I just remember when I saw it, I immediately downloaded it.

I did some digging and found the forum posts for the map and the mod. Unfortunately the downloads don't work anymore.
Map from the old forum
Mod from the old forum
Map from new forum (This download still works)
Mod from new forum
It looks like Scooterboot9697 is still working on an update.

I would use 2 player sensors with a flip-flop gate so when the player hits the sensor closer to the fountain it turns to blood and when they hit the sensor going away it turns back to water.

How do I account for two or more players being in the same area? They shouldn't be, as the Castle is designed as a single player experience like the game, but when building there might be a few of us running around. Would it still return to blue when all players leave the area, or would multiple players mess things up? I suppose I could wire in a manual reset switch in the debug room just in case.

Yeah, it's always good to have a debug switch just in case. But here is what the wiki says about the sensors: In multiplayer, if one player moves into the zone, and then another enters the same zone while the first player is still in the zone, the sensor will not send another signal, making it useful for automatic doors in multiplayer (where multiple players may pass the same door). The Player Above sensor will also trigger on the position of dead players until they respawn, which should be considered during Expert Mode planning in particular.
So it shouldn't effect things if 2 or more players enter the same sensor field. The bigger problem is having 1 player each enter both of the fields at the same time. You could also put in a switch to just disable the system while you and other players are running around working on it.

I have the next 2 days off, so tomorrow I'm going to replace alot of my shotty pics with much better ones now that I know camera mode exists. I'll compile all the machines and wirework in the castle and then do a big update to this thread. You guys have been immensely helpful. I cannot thank you enough for answering my Q's and being so nice.

No problem. So many people saw the 1.3.1 "wiring update" as such a small update, but really it was a game changer. I'm glad to see more people getting into wiring to make cool stuff.

Maybe after the zombie shower is over, you could summon a Brain Of Cthulhu by blowing up a few crimson hearts with TNT off-screen. I'd say he looks quite similar to the original boss.

Maybe after the zombie shower is over, you could summon a Brain Of Cthulhu by blowing up a few crimson hearts with TNT off-screen. I'd say he looks quite similar to the original boss.
Got three hearts and coins in a spot above the room. When the waves over an explosion happens which blows open the roof, destroys the hearts and drops the coins. Glad we think alike! Edit: I see now I mentioned the hearts but didnt go into detail in my post. Fixing that now.

Got three hearts and coins in a spot above the room. When the waves over an explosion happens which blows open the roof, destroys the hearts and drops the coins. Glad we think alike! Edit: I see now I mentioned the hearts but didnt go into detail in my post. Fixing that now.

Oh, I see. I thought you meant the other kind of hearts. ;)

4. Advanced Teleporter system. In the game, there are several warp rooms that must first be visited before they tie into the overall system clockwise. Right now I have all the warp rooms built and they function clockwise as if they all have been visited already. I am unsure how to make this true to the game.
I have a few diagrams for this, if you want to message me directly about it. It requires a bit of Logic Gate magic to get it to activate once only, and would work best if the teleporters fed to an external hub where the warps are closer (for less wire issues across the map).

I made a lock which works the same way as the one in the game in the clock tower.
I6QEP1I.png

It uses the trap door to make the "kerchunk" noise when you hit the cog. You would need to position it so it can be heard from all of the cogs.

Last edited:
I made a lock which works the same way as the one in the game in the clock tower.
6VY2lP6.png

It uses the trap door to make the "kerchunk" noise when you hit the cog. You would need to position it so it can be heard from all of the cogs.

Love the trapdoor noise maker. Gonna have to add that to a few other machines for added sound effect.

6VY2lP6.png

You have a green wire there that does nothing and goes nowhere. XD Should just cut that wire out.

You have a green wire there that does nothing and goes nowhere. XD Should just cut that wire out.

Yeah, I noticed that. I just didn't really want to bother with making a new picture.
[doublepost=1500935356,1500934973][/doublepost]There, I fixed it.

Skip to 13:28. He jumps across the two pendulums.
I wracked my brains here trying to think of a way to recreate this. The best idea I had was to make a machine that actuates and carries the player across. Here's the wiring, and a gif of what it actually looks like.
pendulum.png
pendulumwiring.png
pendulum.gif
The Gif maker only let me do like 5 seconds. The bird goes back through in reverse order, so the platforms move back to center. If left on it will go back and forth all day.

Credit to Urbancat1 who helped me design and test this.

It won't go back and forth if the player gets too far away from the bird because the bird will despawn. You should try to make things like this with dart traps or spear traps. Then player range is never a problem.

Back
Top Bottom