Weapons & Equip Fire!

This suggestion is very well thought out. I really like the idea of fire. It looks more logical!
divider.png

Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Full Support

It actually doesn't break blocks? I already imagined some villain mode that NPCs spawn for themselves, with towns and we raid it with fire. Anyway this is good. I like that fire fighting part.

Ice_Torch.png
Ice Torch: 7 Damage. Inflicts On Fire and Slow. (No frostburn because it's too early and it probably wouldn't be good if they set a fire they can't put out.)
You can make frostburning arrows with these torches, why not have the torches themselves give frost burn? 1 torch can make 5 frostburning arrows, so I think it's fair based on what's already in the game.

Maybe there could be more added with this suggestion... Here is some I thought of in 45 seconds:
  • Fuse: could be a block or something like wire, can be ignited by fire or boom box.
  • Weak wooden blocks: all under ground structures that were made of wood now are made of this, when they burn they become charred, which then if a player steps on it it breaks.
  • Boom box: not the music player, a switch thing that can ignite fuse.
  • Dry grass: appears on the surface when it hasn't rained in a while which is flammable
Slimes should leave a trail of slime where ever they land, and players or mobs that have been inflicted with any fire related debuff should ignite the ground and anything it touches, if a zombie is on fire and it happens to walk into another mob it should ignite the mob. (If not immune to fire, zombies, slimes, bats, and demon eyes)

Edit: forgot to say +support

Really cool suggestions! I feel like putting water on freezing flames would just cause more problems, maybe just make it go out way way quicker but put a slippery effect on slimed or burned surfaces for a little while.

Also maybe freeze slimed enemies that get frost burned (might be OP)

(on slime blaster 5000 part 2) "inflicts chilled" "inflict frozen" you should know that mobs cannot get either chilled or frozen. change that to inflict frostburn and i'll 100% support

(on slime blaster 5000 part 2) "inflicts chilled" "inflict frozen" you should know that mobs cannot get either chilled or frozen. change that to inflict frostburn and i'll 100% support
No, it's that there are no weapons that DO inflict those, not that they wouldn't work if it was implemented. It's just easier to add in frostburn than those cause it's already linked to weapons.

No, it's that there are no weapons that DO inflict those, not that they wouldn't work if it was implemented. It's just easier to add in frostburn than those cause it's already linked to weapons.
i am a tAPI coder, and i can assure you there is no "frozen" or "chill" value in the NPC class, and even if they were, chilled wouldn't work very well because mob velocity is set in stone in their AI. frozen COULD work by just constantly setting the npc's velocity to 0, but it would still be OP and there's no NPC code for it in the game :| (chilled too, because they are both meant to be player-only debuffs)

You can make frostburning arrows with these torches, why not have the torches themselves give frost burn? 1 torch can make 5 frostburning arrows, so I think it's fair based on what's already in the game.
TBH: Mainly because frostburn is pretty overpowered... I know they make frostburn arrows (which I do not neccessarily agree with) but I really wouldn't consider it unless Frostburn was nerfed (or the other DoT effects buffed. )

i am a tAPI coder, and i can assure you there is no "frozen" or "chill" value in the NPC class, and even if they were, chilled wouldn't work very well because mob velocity is set in stone in their AI. frozen COULD work by just constantly setting the npc's velocity to 0, but it would still be OP and there's no NPC code for it in the game :| (chilled too, because they are both meant to be player-only debuffs)
I'm no coder, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to alter velocity... or at the very least, not impossible. I could be wrong, of course, but I'd rather keep it at chilled/frozen in the case that it works than resort to frostburn (which I have expressed my views on above.) Also, in terms of balance... I don't think it really would be OP because you really only get one shot per slime, and you'd need to be in the ice biome anyways.

TBH: Mainly because frostburn is pretty overpowered... I know they make frostburn arrows (which I do not neccessarily agree with) but I really wouldn't consider it unless Frostburn was nerfed (or the other DoT effects buffed. )

I'm no coder, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to alter velocity... or at the very least, not impossible. I could be wrong, of course, but I'd rather keep it at chilled/frozen in the case that it works than resort to frostburn (which I have expressed my views on above.) Also, in terms of balance... I don't think it really would be OP because you really only get one shot per slime, and you'd need to be in the ice biome anyways.
Well yes, it would be easy to decrease horizontal velocity depending on where the mob is facing, but...
How to detect enemies going up or down and decrease vertical velocity accordingly? that's the "currently impossible" part.
Oh and i forgot to mention, this applies with every velocity-reducing debuff there is, including slow and weak.

Back
Top Bottom