Items First Fractal as the Final Weapon

jbyrdab

Terrarian
This sounds simple enough, the first fractal as we all know isnt obtainable but is almost fully implemented mechanics and damage wise and works decently enough, like an auto aim version of the Zenith. Thats why i think it should be the ULTIMATE weapon, and to make a weapon of this magnitude worthy of being the final goal. I suggest this, the recipe for the First fractal is simple, just two items...

The zenith, and the Terraprisma.

My thinking process is, the final sword should be a combination of the weapon that takes the longest to get, and the weapon that is the hardest to get. Being the Zenith and Terraprisma respectively

The weapon acts just like it does now, but instead its damage is 220.

You could also make the excuse to call it the Last fractal instead of the first, since its the last sword.

I feel it be a waste to just never implement the first fractal even if it is similar to the zenith (its not like you guys dont usually have almost exact copys of weapons) and the fact that its already mostly working lessens the work load required compared to say making an entirely new set of weapons or making a bunch of new monsters or drops.

personally yeah, i just feel like for a weapon that is essentially finished and seems to work very well, it kinda feels like a waste to not have it implemented. Even if its similar, you could always add a final link to that chain. Plus almost every optional boss / event boss sword takes place in the recipe except for duke fishron and empress of light (mothron's hero blade is how you make terrablades components). While i can understand duke fishron being excluded due to the very unique nature of bringing him out (unless you consider fishing for the enchanted sword fishrons addition), i feel since EoL has one of the hardest to obtain drops in the game it should be included as well. the only thing is its technically not a sword but a summon that is a sword (which is a petty difference to make). Plus since you already have said working weapon, you dont need to program an entirely new weapon. At most id say you need to do is adjust its damage and stats, and maybe give it a new sprite to represent Terraprisma being included

For Irony's sake and to make the recipe more difficult, maybe the Last Prism could be added, along with some ranged weapon like the Celebration Mk 2 so that all classes are used (maybe the First Fractal could be a classless weapon).

how about this instead its an Omni weapon, its damage is considered universal, and gets the effect from all bonuses (summon, magic, melee, ranged). For an ultimate weapon that would make sense. Its a weapon for everyone regardless. that way its not just melee getting a final weapon.

how about this instead its an Omni weapon, its damage is considered universal, and gets the effect from all bonuses (summon, magic, melee, ranged). For an ultimate weapon that would make sense. Its a weapon for everyone regardless. that way its not just melee getting a final weapon.
Frankly, if they added a weapon like that, I would rather it isn’t a sword. I’d prefer it to be some abstract world-shredding artifact like the Last Prism.

Can we please stop having infinity+n weapons — there are enough and they cause enough balance problems already. Plus, considering how hard Zenith and Terraprisma are to obtain, turning them into a new weapon 2 (edit: actually 3 — second was Zenith) tiers above Moon Lord feels like robbing player out of content on some sentimental level. Like "you have beat the game and then spent a couple of days just farming two very hard endgame bosses to get two items no mob or boss can realistically stand against — now go get even more absurdly powerful thing by simply clicking a button".

well i mean why not, by that point you've worked your :red: off to get to that point, being able to get the culmination of your effort as a finale to og terraria would be good way to say the goodbye. Now you have an item that lets you kill damn near anything and will work with damn near anything. By that point you have done it all and have the sword to show for it. plus having 1 recipe that has a summoning item as a component would be cool.

well i mean why not, by that point you've worked your :red: off to get to that point, being able to get the culmination of your effort as a finale to og terraria would be good way to say the goodbye. Now you have an item that lets you kill damn near anything and will work with damn near anything. By that point you have done it all and have the sword to show for it. plus having 1 recipe that has a summoning item as a component would be cool.
But the zenith already fills this niche, and tbh the meowmere and star wrath did too. Name a major progression event that the zenith's crafting recipe doesn't commemorate.

But the zenith already fills this niche, and tbh the meowmere and star wrath did too. Name a major progression event that the zenith's crafting recipe doesn't commemorate.

Well the main concept is a final weapon that other classes can get the most out of, right now its all melee, not to mention also making the most out of a fully programmed and working weapon. Now for major progression that isnt covered is optional bosses (excluding queen bee as of the latest update) like Duke fishron (unless you consider fishing for the enchanted sword), Empress of light (especially not for a no hit run), Skeletron gets no inclusion, Wall of flesh gets no inclusion with its breaker blade (unless of course you count in the hell stone sword for nights edge which after 3 other crafting recipes is finally a part of the terra blade for the zenith recipe, and doesnt require beating Wall of flesh to get), none of the mechanical bosses have a sword or take part in the recipe as far as i know. Pirates and frost moon have nothing to do with the recipe, while their alien and Halloween counterparts respectively do. Golem also has no part in the recipe despite being the penultimate boss (if you dont count lunatic cultist, which i dont since its pathetic and doesnt drop anything used in the recipe either)

So quite a few progression points dont have anything to do with the zenith unless you make a few jumps in logic (like grouping the fiery greatsword with Wall of flesh)

Last edited:
Well the main concept is a final weapon that other classes can get the most out of, right now its all melee, not to mention also making the most out of a fully programmed and working weapon. Now for major progression that isnt covered is optional bosses (excluding queen bee as of the latest update) like Duke fishron (unless you consider fishing for the enchanted sword), Empress of light (especially not for a no hit run), Skeletron gets no inclusion, Wall of flesh gets no inclusion with its breaker blade (unless of course you count in the hell stone sword for nights edge which after 3 other crafting recipes is finally a part of the terra blade for the zenith recipe, and doesnt require beating Wall of flesh to get), none of the mechanical bosses have a sword or take part in the recipe as far as i know. Pirates and frost moon have nothing to do with the recipe, while their alien and Halloween counterparts respectively do. Golem also has no part in the recipe despite being the penultimate boss (if you dont count lunatic cultist, which i dont since its pathetic and doesnt drop anything used in the recipe either)

So quite a few progression points dont have anything to do with the zenith unless you make a few jumps in logic (like grouping the fiery greatsword with Wall of flesh)

Excalibur is crafted from hollowed bar from mechanical bosses, and kind of stretch, muramasa is found in dungeon so it relate to Skeletron? I agree with other points though.

Currently, the component of Zenith that make sense to me are
- previous ulimate sword
- first sword
- 2 swords from last bosses
- seedler, Plantera is necessary in progression, make sense
- beekeeper, Queen bee is optional boss, but there are only 2 swords from optional bosses and that other one is starlight from Empress of Light which is more like shortsword, while all other in the recipe are broadswords (except copper but that is first sword). So include beekeeper but not starlight is acceptable excuse.
- enchant sword, this one seem weird to be in recipe, but it is arguably one of the hardest swords to get so it kind of make sense

But the others seem random
- starfury, just because it is from sky? why not also sword from snow, desert and meteorite?
- As invasion event drop, why influx waver but not cutlass? Is it because influx waver can only dropped from Saucer while cutlass can be dropped from any pirates?
- As moon event drop, horseman blade but not christmas tree sword? Is it because horseman blade is dropped from Pumpking which is the last boss in the event, but christmas tree sword is dropped from Everscream which is not the last boss?
- no brand of inferno nor flying dragon, why exclude old one's army?
- also no sword from hardmode dungeon, I'm looking at you, keybrand
- sadly King/Queen slime, Golem, and Duke fishron dropped no sword
- no breaker blade, just why

Last edited:
Well the main concept is a final weapon that other classes can get the most out of, right now its all melee, not to mention also making the most out of a fully programmed and working weapon.
I've used the zenith before. It does work with literally anything. I used a summoner build that didn't boost melee damage at all and it was still able to shred master mode bosses in SECONDS. Also, the Zenith already has auto-aim, and the First Fractal would not have an identity as a result of it.

Now for major progression that isnt covered is optional bosses (excluding queen bee as of the latest update) like Duke fishron (unless you consider fishing for the enchanted sword), Empress of light (especially not for a no hit run), Skeletron gets no inclusion, Wall of flesh gets no inclusion with its breaker blade (unless of course you count in the hell stone sword for nights edge which after 3 other crafting recipes is finally a part of the terra blade for the zenith recipe, and doesnt require beating Wall of flesh to get), none of the mechanical bosses have a sword or take part in the recipe as far as i know. Pirates and frost moon have nothing to do with the recipe, while their alien and Halloween counterparts respectively do. Golem also has no part in the recipe despite being the penultimate boss (if you dont count lunatic cultist, which i dont since its pathetic and doesnt drop anything used in the recipe either)
Empress of Light already has an incredibly strong weapon, the Terraprisma, and frankly doesn't really need to be commemorated by the zenith because she essentially commemorates herself. Skeletron DOES get inclusion. The fact that his drop pool is so minimal means that loot from the dungeon can basically be considered the reward for killing him, meaning the muramasa can be directly tied to him. It's not even a logic leap, the devs clearly intended this because of how skeletron's 3 drops (book of skulls, bone glove, skeletron hand) are more "fun" items and aren't really viable in the slightest. Wall of Flesh also doesn't really have any swords that would work, because the breaker blade is completely awful and exactly zero people have any real personal value to it. Optional bosses/events aren't major progression... that's what major progression means. The fact that the Pumpkin Moon and Martian Madness got included was honestly surprising. Mechanical bosses have Excalibur. Golem is honestly even more of a joke than lunatic cultist. He's incredibly easy even if you don't cheese him, his attacks are ridiculously slow and really have no special beneficial traits, meaning he's the most predictable boss in the game.

Optional bosses/events aren't major progression... that's what major progression means. The fact that the Pumpkin Moon and Martian Madness got included was honestly surprising.

That's what I don't understand about Zenith recipe. It contains just some of optional boss drops. It would make much more sense if it just represent the major progression and not include any optional stuffs, or going other way and include every possible swords from bosses and events. Instead, it just decide to sit inbetween those two.

Edit: and how come Starfury manage to get into this recipe. It probably make more sense if Night Edge require Starfury instead, so Night Edge will become the sword that need materials from left side to the right side (dungeon/jungle) and from top to bottom (sky/underworld). But adding Starfury at this stage is just weird.

Last edited:
That's what I don't understand about Zenith recipe. It contains just some of optional boss drops. It would make much more sense if it just represent the major progression and not include any optional stuffs, or going other way and include every possible swords from bosses and events. Instead, it just decide to sit inbetween those two.

Edit: and how come Starfury manage to get into this recipe. It probably make more sense if Night Edge require Starfury instead, so Night Edge will become the sword that need materials from left side to the right side (dungeon/jungle) and from top to bottom (sky/underworld). But adding Starfury at this stage is just weird.
I think they just did all the "fan favorite" swords (except arkhalis), instead of actually doing stuff that would make logical sense. It would explain part of why swords are so overrated by the devs :sigh:

I think they just did all the "fan favorite" swords (except arkhalis), instead of actually doing stuff that would make logical sense. It would explain part of why swords are so overrated by the devs :sigh:
A package of fan favorite swords + copper shortsword so it not so obvious, huh.

The First Fractal could be just a magical final-tier weapon just like the Zenith, using mana to shred faster than the Zenith at the expense of, well, mana. Shooting out clones of yourself like it does in-game does seem quite magical and all, so it could maybe use materials from around the game that emphasize magical fan favorites or major progression points instead. It could also use a design or even slight mechanic rework to make it less identical to a sword or perhaps the attacking auto-aim pattern of the Zenith.

But that also leaves ranger out, so maybe some sort of other god-tier weapon for them as well. Since they have rockets, arrows, bullets, etc. it could be quite tricky designing a weapon for them, however. I'm not really sure how potent the Terraprisma is since I've never tested it myself and only seen people preach about it, so maybe some sort of super-whip weapon instead of a super-summon for summoner?

Of course, this will raise originality issues among the community (even the idea itself isn't novel, but oh well), and I've noticed that many people don't like the Zenith recipe as it is currently. The only idea that I'm not particularly a fan of is the idea of each class sharing the same ultimate weapon, which seems like it subtracts from the idea of classes in the first place. It's definitely oodles more enticing if each class was able to shred everything on their own merit without all of them magnetizing toward the same end-game weapon.

I would like to have my say in the matter. First of all, Breaker Blade is actually surprisingly good before you get to the point of beating the mech bosses. I would include it in Zenith if I had the chance. Second, I do think a separate 'ultimate weapon' for every class is a good idea, although the First Fractal being universal is good too. The Moon Lord items for those classes would be required, because if you're going for a full set of armor and wings, you're going to need to farm it anyways. Speaking of Moon Lord weapons, a new whip would have to be added. Several, maybe. Perhaps a Night's Edge whip, made with the Snapthorn, Firecracker, and two new whips: For the dungeon, it could be a bone whip, or something found in the chests/crates. Morning Star might work, but would require more progression. And we'd need some kind of Corruption/Crimson whip, made with the normal stuff. Demonite and Shadow Scales/Crimtane and Tissue Samples. Ranger could get an 'all-in-one' weapon, that works differently depending on the ammo type the player has when using it. I was going to say both Celebrations would be needed, but then I remembered the Party Girl. The Plantera rocket launcher would be in there, and the Musket/Undertaker for sure. That leaves magic. Maybe some almost Calamity-style weapon, a mix between Last Prism, Nebula Blaze, and some others in function, but with the appearance of having every weapon in it? Just my thoughts, no recipes, just ideas.

Back
Top Bottom