Items First Fractal

Should the First Fractal be re-implemented?

• Total voters

YoungFellerTRA

Terrarian
Hey guys! So by now, I’m guessing a lot of you know or have heard of the legendary First Fractal. For those who havent, it is the unused early version of the Zenith. It looks very similar to the Terrablade, but functioned uniquely. It summoned dyeless copies of the player holding various slightly different versions of the sword that would dash through the target and then vanish. They also each had various colored tints. It’s unobtainable without the use of inventory editors, but it is possible to use one to extract it from the files. Compared to the Zenith, the First Fractal has significantly lower DPS, but it has the ability to home in on enemies, so it is more useful for people who aren’t the best at aiming. Now I know what you’re thinking.

You best keep thoughts like that to yourself young man.

Anyway, the reason I’m saying this is because I think that they should re-add the First Fractal to the game, and make it some form of alternative to the Zenith. As for how to obtain it, I don’t have any major ideas. I’m thinking something to do with a demon/crimson altar, but it should probably be up to the devs. Red has stated that the reason it wasn’t added was because it “wasn’t ready yet”. I don’t want to make any assumptions about what he meant by this, but as of now, I think it would be cool if they found a way to implement this weapon.

idk just thought that cause as first fractal is weaker like corruption and zenith is stronger for crimson

idk just thought that cause as first fractal is weaker like corruption and zenith is stronger for crimson
Even if this were to happen, then it would have to be balanced. The Devs cannot add an advantage just because you got Crimson instead of Corruption.

As for my opinion, I would replace the Zenith with the First Fractal. I wouldn’t want to add another endgame melee weapon.

Besides, zenith is already a gamebreaker, if we are going to have 2 stupidly overpowerd sword for a class that barely anyone uses anymore, WHY NOT FOR THE OTHER CLASSES?

Zenith also kinda homes in. The blades can kinda go out of their path to hit enemies, if they’re like a few blocks off to the side.

that may be but its your on preference maybe say you wan't to be lazy and not point your mouse in a specific direction then you would choose first fractal
say you want higher DPS then unreal zenith

The only way I'd like Fractal implemented is if it was a right-click alternate to the Zenith. Otherwise it's bloat that makes the Zenith feel less special.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom