PC First Thing TO Do When Creating A Master Mode World

Opachii

Terrarian
First thing to do starting in a master world
For those who are new to terraria or maybe even didn't know, but Cactus armor is one of the best sets of armor you can get in Terraria early on. Not only does it give +4 defense but it also has a set bonus of hurting enemies that touch you only if you have the full set of cactus armor on. With that being said, the first thing you should do when creating a master mode world is look for the desert and chop away at the cactus you find. I believe you need either 75 or 85 cactus in order to complete the full armor set, but while you are there try

that,and MAKE A HOUSE! doesn;t matter how ugly it is,when it becomes night,the zombies that are op eat you for their mid-night snack.

Imo cactus isn't worth the time to craft it, especially since you now have to use an axe to collect them, instead of just breaking the block underneath.
It's best just to get jungle armour or any other decent pre-hm set right away. Personally I prefer to wait till beating BoC or WoF to get the boss armours, but any of the other pre-hm armours like jungle, bee, etc. are good too.

Imo cactus isn't worth the time to craft it, especially since you now have to use an axe to collect them, instead of just breaking the block underneath.
It's best just to get jungle armour or any other decent pre-hm set right away. Personally I prefer to wait till beating BoC or WoF to get the boss armours, but any of the other pre-hm armours like jungle, bee, etc. are good too.
Cactus armor offers Thorns, which is vaguely helpful when literally no other armor at this stage offers any bonuses aside from defense and you can’t really keep enemies off of you. Cactus pick has more range than copper pick too.

Cactus armor offers Thorns, which is vaguely helpful when literally no other armor at this stage offers any bonuses aside from defense and you can’t really keep enemies off of you. Cactus pick has more range than copper pick too.
I can agree that the cactus pick can be worth getting sometimes due to the increased range (usually I can't be bothered due to it's slightly lower speed), but thorns doesn't really matter too much when every enemy two to three shots you. If your thorns ability is killing enemies, you're probably dead too.

I can agree that the cactus pick can be worth getting sometimes due to the increased range (usually I can't be bothered due to it's slightly lower speed), but thorns doesn't really matter too much when every enemy two to three shots you. If your thorns ability is killing enemies, you're probably dead too.
The Thorns is mostly useful for the knockback so you don’t end up getting smothered by bats and zombies and have a chance to counterattack before they just enter yout hitbox and kill you.

Cactus Armor in Master is OP af, literally making your body into a weapon. 45 Damage per hit is no joke, and you can try to extend the damage with potions as well. 3 shot slimes when every other weapon will take over a minute!

Back
Top Bottom