Weapons & Equip Fishbow

Xakk

Eye of Cthulhu
So I'm sure we all have a pile of Bass, Shrimp, and other varieties of fish sitting in our chests, more than anyone could possibly eat. They have to have some use besides common vendor trash, right?

Let me just throw something at you: Fish Shooting Crossbow.

Turn those useless fish into ammo. The thing shoots out the fish, which do damage based on their relative rarity (Bass at the bottom and Red Snapper at the top), or hit a wall and bounce off, flopping around like a goldfish on dry land (because that's what it is). The flopping gives them a chance to hit if they miss, and they flop around for a while, giving you a chance to cover an entire arena in thrashing seafood.

If they hit, or find some water, they pop (like bees).

I call it the Fishbow.

There is and was one soluttion to make (your) useless fishes to usefull fishes. Convert them consumable food (pretty better food and cheaper than from the Travelling Merchant) or potion and you can sell them for a nice price for you if you don't want them sit in the chest.

So I'm sure we all have a pile of Bass, Shrimp, and other varieties of fish sitting in our chests, more than anyone could possibly eat. They have to have some use besides common vendor trash, right?

Let me just throw something at you: Fish Shooting Crossbow.

Turn those useless fish into ammo. The thing shoots out the fish, which do damage based on their relative rarity (Bass at the bottom and Red Snapper at the top), or hit a wall and bounce off, flopping around like a goldfish on dry land (because that's what it is). The flopping gives them a chance to hit if they miss, and they flop around for a while, giving you a chance to cover an entire arena in thrashing seafood.

If they hit, or find some water, they pop (like bees).

I call it the Fishbow.
When would a bow like this be obtained?

He's right. We need it to be crafted. I think coral would be a good main ingredient. One piece has to be obtained from fishing. And the last from a stage appropriate source, perhaps vines, or something the clothier sells, or Lihzahrd brick. If you want the fishbow you're gonna have to go after the fishbow.

I was thinking a small whale. It's already kind of the right shape, minus the strings and trigger, and we have all the other big fish as guns.

We need this! We have the bee's knees, now we need a ranged weapon that shoots fish! Perhaps it can be fished up!
50% Fishing Power: 1/300
75% Fishing Power: 1/100
100% Fishing power: 1/50
Or maybe lowered if its too rare for when you get it (Hardmode? Pre-Hardmode?)

I support this on one condition.
When the fish "pop", make them explode in blood and gore like the sharknado sharks.

I support this on one condition.
When the fish "pop", make them explode in blood and gore like the sharknado sharks.
We can't do that, because if they explode they have to make the squish, and if you are spraying and praying the whole audio output will get jammed up with squishing noises. It'll sound like someone trying to shove silly putty into a jar of relish.

Back
Top Bottom