tModLoader Fishing 2.0

Suggestion for 200 angler quest

• Accesory or something equipable that gives permanent vanilla buffs

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • an other thing (leave your suggestion) [Not Weapons/Armor/Mount]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a special location from which to fish for scrap or special scrap? I can't seem to find any despite having just defeated the martian madness event and using the fishingtron. Thanks for any response.

Is there a special location from which to fish for scrap or special scrap? I can't seem to find any despite having just defeated the martian madness event and using the fishingtron. Thanks for any response.

Has to be surface water. Any will do as long as it's on the surface and it's water.

Just downloaded the mod, loving it so far. Quick question though. Is it possible to get Demonite / Crimtane out of crates currently? I'm getting ready for WoF on my fisherman and wanted to go for Night's Edge but I haven't seen any of the ore yet.

Just downloaded the mod, loving it so far. Quick question though. Is it possible to get Demonite / Crimtane out of crates currently? I'm getting ready for WoF on my fisherman and wanted to go for Night's Edge but I haven't seen any of the ore yet.

No. I was working with the rule below (all the rules are on the first post) that's why I did not include it. Otherwise fighting some bosses might give no reward at all/ you wouldn't be able to reach the end of the game.

• You can keep things dropped by bosses but you can't use the weapons they drop.

No. I was working with the rule below (all the rules are on the first post) that's why I did not include it. Otherwise fighting some bosses might give no reward at all/ you wouldn't be able to reach the end of the game.

• You can keep things dropped by bosses but you can't use the weapons they drop.
Ah I see, misread that part. Thanks for the reply!

I got a suggestion: add Halloween and Christmas crates, which are fished up during the holiday events and give loot relevant to those holidays

Would be a lot of effort to just be used a few days. I could make vanity items though if anyone volunteers to spriting them.

So it is on purpose that the metalic truffle mount has no hover ability anymore? I actually loved the hover ability of the initial mount. But i guess we all have different likes and tastes :) - overall a very fun mod. So thanks for making and sharing it.

So it is on purpose that the metalic truffle mount has no hover ability anymore? I actually loved the hover ability of the initial mount. But i guess we all have different likes and tastes :) - overall a very fun mod. So thanks for making and sharing it.

It never had hover ability. It's supposed to be an alternative to the ufo not an upgrade.

I have a request for some new boxes

Tremor-Exclusive
Glacier Crate - Found in the Glacier Biome. Can only be opened via near lava or in the Underworld
"An extremely chilly crate."

__

Spirit-Exclusive
Possessed Spirit Crate - Found in the Spirit Biome via Soul Bait
"You can hear screams from inside the crate..."

__

Vanilla
Crimesert Crate - Found in Crimson Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and blood"

Corrusert Crate - Found in Corruption Deserts
"An Crate that has properties of sand and evil"

Red Ice Crate - Found in Crimson Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen with blood"

Purple Ice Crate - Found in Corruption Ice Biomes
"An Crate frozen by an Evil Presence..."

Blood Jungle Crate - Found in Crimson Jungle Biomes
"An Crate painted by Tribunal blood"

Evil Jungle Crate - Found in Corruption Jungle Biomes
"An Crate cursed by Tribunal evil"

Hallsert Crate - Found in Hallow Deserts
"For a second, you confused this for a Iron Crate..."

Pink Ice Crate - Found in Hallow Ice Biomes
"An Crate that found happiness in Ice"

Flora Crate - Found in Hallow Jungle Biomes
"Holy Jungle Crate doesn't sound as good."

-Boss Fight Crates-

Can be fished in any Biome via either fighting the boss or by dropping the Boss Summon item in water. Fighting the boss has a higher chance. Boss Crates have items found in Treasure Bags, but only can get bosses's Expert Item when you kill the boss.

Viewfinder Crate / Possessed Viewfinder Crate - Found while Eye of Cthulhu / The Twins is nearby
"Why are you fishing? Kill that Eye!" / "You got a pair for ignoring the eyes..."

Tunneler / Possessed Tunneler Crate - Found while Eater of World / The Destroyer is nearby
"Keep moving! You got no time to Fish!" / "The Angler pities you...he really does..."

Dungeon Deity Crate / Possessed Dungeon Deity Crate - Found while Skeletron / Skeletron Prime is nearby
"It's thanks to him the silk hasn't crumpled in water..." / "The Clother pities you..."

Guide Crate - Found while the Wall of Flesh is nearby. Needed Hotline Fishing Rod if fishing with boss summon item.
"Good thing to know that the Guild doesn't pity you."

Le Penseur Crate / (Tremor-Exclusive) Computer Crate - Found while Brain of Cthulhu / The Motherboard is nearby
"You know it's not going to wait for you, right?" / "Yes, it's still going to fight you. No, it's not going to wait."
* Le Penseur is french for "The Thinker"

Twilight Reckoning Crate / (Tremor-Exclusive) PROGRAM Crate - Found while Moon Lord / Lord of Cogs is nearby
"You idiot..." / "It looks like the Lord pities you for doing this."

Think this could help the Angler-Only quest?

All the vanilla items that I wanted to be obtained via crates are already in crates more crates would serve no purpose.

I might add more crates if I add more custom items and I'll take your ideas in mind if I do so.

I'm not interested in making content that only is obtainable if you have other mod enabled. I made this mod because I liked to make fishing a bit more interesting to more terraria players and also because I wanted a way to make a full fisherman run which wasn't possible without this mod before unless you added special rules or something to get the missing ores not because I like coding so I wouldn't want to spend time on making content that is not available to all.

If someone makes a mod that enables you to defeat the bosses in a pacifist run I could make the boss crates fishable but I dont know how possible would be to consistently fish while dodging the boss.

Back
Top Bottom