tModLoader Fishing 2.0

Suggestion for 200 angler quest

• Accesory or something equipable that gives permanent vanilla buffs

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • an other thing (leave your suggestion) [Not Weapons/Armor/Mount]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the vanilla items that I wanted to be obtained via crates are already in crates more crates would serve no purpose.

I might add more crates if I add more custom items and I'll take your ideas in mind if I do so.

I'm not interested in making content that only is obtainable if you have other mod enabled. I made this mod because I liked to make fishing a bit more interesting to more terraria players and also because I wanted a way to make a full fisherman run which wasn't possible without this mod before unless you added special rules or something to get the missing ores not because I like coding so I wouldn't want to spend time on making content that is not available to all.

If someone makes a mod that enables you to defeat the bosses in a pacifist run I could make the boss crates fishable but I dont know how possible would be to consistently fish while dodging the boss.

There are items that can aid you in not being pushed around like a dingus and have Health Regeneration, namely things like the Cobalt Shield or Regeneration Potions.

I do have some item ideas - things that can aid you in knockback immunity, Thorns, Health Regen, and (regarding the RPGClasses mod's Angler's Contract, which has a ability that scales with fishing ability) Fishing Skill.

Anchor
Can be found in any body of water
Offers Knockback Immunity while fishing

*All "Upgrades" need the Anchor"

Lotus Cherry Anchor
5 Waterleaf, 5 Daybloom, 10 Regeneration Potions, Anchor
Gives 40% Life Regen

Spiked Anchor
500 Cactus, 15 Spikes, Anchor
Deals 60% Thorn damage

Amazing Anchor
5 Apprentice Bait, 10 Journeyman Bait, 15 Master Bait, Anchor
Doubles fishing skill

Anchor of the Divine
Lotus Cherry Anchor, Spiked Anchor, Amazing Anchor
Combines effects of all 3 Anchors

Sounds interesting

My friend, it's an amazing idea - mainly because two days in my Angler Quest and I died 9 times.
Kinda jarring (The Angler's Contract got me a head start) to see me die the same amount within less days than what I get when I use an gunner, summoner, or mage

Dude... with "Like?" I'm sure Roxxz means "can you give me an example of what needs more work?" or, in this case, like = as

The sprites need work, but its a great concept :p That good? And sorry im a little slow at noticing stuff, i knew what me ment but i didn't notice it until i posted the response.

Here is a collection of mods I discovered that can aid in a Angler only quest (Is adding accessories fine?)

Multi-Lure Accessories
-This mod makes fishing stupid as it can get, adding more lures for any kind of fishing rod you have-

index.php

-Has multiple fishing items in both early and late game, as well as give throwers/summoners a shot

fv67xqA.png

-Allows the Excavator to use more minerals when making fishing spots. Note: Only use Auto-fishers when leaving so you can get stuff when coming across...-

RPG Mod
-Info for the Angler Class is as follows:-
Starting Items: Angler hat, Reinforced fishing pole, Bug net.
Choosing this class will grant: +10 fishing skill, -10% all damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +5 fishing skill.
Active: Throw a piece of magic shark bait. The enemy hit by the bait will attract a shark, regardless of any nearby water (don't ask how). The shark leaps up, chomping on the enemy (and anything nearby), knocking it up into the air and dealing damage scaling with level and fishing power. This includes current bait and fishing rod in the calculation. The shark deals half damage on the way down.

index.php

-You can get the Fishing Soul, which outright cranks up your fishing skills to 11 million, and even get a sweet new Fishing Rod for your troubles-

7xMTxoa.png

-Multiplayer only...as you can't simply heal yourself during boss fights with just Potions alone. Better get lots of defense or invisibility potions!-

May they be direct or indirect, these mods can aid you in even post-moon lord fishing, whenever by using multiple lures via one bait, gaining a ranged weapon that doubles as a fishing rod, or even get head-starts on early pre-angler encounters, these are the mods I recommend.

@HallowKingJerrold Thank you! I'll add that to the first post as recommended fishing related mods and I'll look into making the code thing possible.

@Pantheon Yeah I know. When I get some time I'll try searching fore some people that might help with the sprites as I cannot really sprite.

Last edited:
Told another mod (AlchemistNPC) to add a "Fishing Combination"
Think a sort of "All-in-One" for fishing.
Adds the basic trio (Fishing, Sonar, and Crate), but also adds defensive boosts (Thorns, Inferno, and Ironskin) and helpful boost (Life Regen and Calm) for 10 minutes.
Not exactly the best thing to bring to against a boss, but clearly an good idea for Crimson/Corruption/Spirit/Hallow fishing.

Hey, mind if you allow Pumpkins as a bait? (30% Bait Power)

Also, some bait ideas:

Flower Bait:
1 Worm + One Flower type

Daybloom Worm/Moonfell Worm/Deathweed Worm (30% Normally. Increased to 45% when in Day, Night or both Solar Eclipse and Blood Moon)

Waterleaf Worm (Doubles Bait Power of worms, and offers an 1.5x boost to Fishing Power when Raining/Sandstorm/Blizzard)

Fireblossom Worm (Halves Bait Power, but allows you to fish in lava without the use of the Hotline Fishing Rod)

Blinkroot Worm/Shiverthorn Worm (30% Normally, increased to 45% when fishing in either Cave or Snow Biomes)

There's also the "Lotus Rods"

Combine an Wooden Fishing Rod with 20 of the needed flower

Daybloom Lotus Rod / Moonfell Lotus Rod / Deathweed Lotus Rod (Increases Fishing Power to 30% when fishing in day, night, Solar Eclipse, and Blood Moon.)

Waterleaf Lotus Rod (20% Fishing Power. Increases to 35% when Raining/Sandstorm/Blizzard)

Fireblossom Lotus Rod (Allows fishing in lava, but not as strong as the Hotline Fishing Rod)

Blinkroot Lotus Rod / Shiverthorn Lotus Rod (Increases Fishing Power to 30% when fishing in Cave or Snow Biomes)

Note: The Lotus Rods allows for those without the RPG mod (or access to get the Mechanical Fishing Rod) to gain benefits for exploring and fishing in Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses.

P.S: I haven't found any special items in Blood Moon Nights. Mind telling me what they are?

@HallowKingJerrold I appreciate your suggestions but have in mind like I said before why was this mod created for and the fact that I'll add things that might be missing from an utility point and are related to fishing. More baits or fishing rods won't add much to the current game for example.

The killing a boss while fishing will be a thing that I MIGHT do depending on the complexity of it (remember I don't really know how to code I use examples from there) but on a long term.

I checked the code for the blood moon and eclipse fishing and It might have been done incorrectly I think I fixed it wait for the update which will include some changes to sprites made by @Joost8910 . The drops that you can get are stuff that drop from enemies on blood moon like:

Blood Moon

Bananarang
Moon Stone
Death Sickle

Eclipse

Nail gun
Deadly Sphere Staff
The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo

@HallowKingJerrold I appreciate your suggestions but have in mind like I said before why was this mod created for and the fact that I'll add things that might be missing from an utility point and are related to fishing. More baits or fishing rods won't add much to the current game for example.

The killing a boss while fishing will be a thing that I MIGHT do depending on the complexity of it (remember I don't really know how to code I use examples from there) but on a long term.

I checked the code for the blood moon and eclipse fishing and It might have been done incorrectly I think I fixed it wait for the update which will include some changes to sprites made by @Joost8910 . The drops that you can get are stuff that drop from enemies on blood moon like:

Blood Moon

Bananarang
Moon Stone
Death Sickle

Eclipse

Nail gun
Deadly Sphere Staff
The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo

Thank you for the info.

Tremor's doing a little something silly.

Basically, your weapons are generally limited due to having to get them from fishing.
I talked to Tremor on Discord, and suggested "Mimic Bait". Think unleashing the Duke, but instead of fishing up a boss, you're fishing up Hardmode enemies.
Just fish, kill off, and weapons beyond your reach in a Fishermen's Run now belongs to you fair and square.

Tremor's doing a little something silly.

Basically, your weapons are generally limited due to having to get them from fishing.
I talked to Tremor on Discord, and suggested "Mimic Bait". Think unleashing the Duke, but instead of fishing up a boss, you're fishing up Hardmode enemies.
Just fish, kill off, and weapons beyond your reach in a Fishermen's Run now belongs to you fair and square.

Just kick Tremor from your mod list and all problems are solved:cool:

:sigh: Another hater...
its true since the update 1.3 from tremor, people begin to hate it but obiously even zadum and their team are trying to do everything they can to solve everything, but with bugs and glitches involving vainilla recipes and some buggy bosses its very obious to hate the mod, but we must remember the current update of modloader and due to this its very easy to know what comes first the modloader update or a mod that can be fixed in that version.

its true since the update 1.3 from tremor, people begin to hate it but obiously even zadum and their team are trying to do everything they can to solve everything, but with bugs and glitches involving vainilla recipes and some buggy bosses its very obious to hate the mod, but we must remember the current update of modloader and due to this its very easy to know what comes first the modloader update or a mod that can be fixed in that version.

I know, I'm been helping them out.

Back
Top Bottom