Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I can tell that there have been big changes to the way biomes overlap with each other in 1.4, but this has caused a bug with any fishing quests that do not specify a biome (for example if it just says "caught in Surface"). Now these quest fish can ONLY be found in FOREST biomes (so if it says "caught in Surface", it actually means "caught in FOREST Surface"). That's not how it used to work.

Before, a fish that was "caught in Surface" could be caught in the surface of ANY biome as long as it was on the surface - surface jungle, surface corruption, etc etc. Now even though no biome is specified, it only works in forest. Same with fish that were "caught in Underground" or "caught in Caverns", now it must be a forest cavern or the fish can't be found. This has been causing a lot of frustration with newer players on my server. Recommend updating the quest text for these fish.

I can tell that there have been big changes to the way biomes overlap with each other in 1.4, but this has caused a bug with any fishing quests that do not specify a biome (for example if it just says "caught in Surface"). Now these quest fish can ONLY be found in FOREST biomes (so if it says "caught in Surface", it actually means "caught in FOREST Surface"). That's not how it used to work.

Before, a fish that was "caught in Surface" could be caught in the surface of ANY biome as long as it was on the surface - surface jungle, surface corruption, etc etc. Now even though no biome is specified, it only works in forest. Same with fish that were "caught in Underground" or "caught in Caverns", now it must be a forest cavern or the fish can't be found. This has been causing a lot of frustration with newer players on my server. Recommend updating the quest text for these fish.
This is actually not true: biomes have always taken priority in this regard. The Slimefish, for instance, was listed as being "caught anywhere" but due to biome priorities could actually only be caught in surface forests (i.e. shy of "nowhere"). This was actually the only (to my knowledge) fish whose text was updated.

I do agree with you that the catch hints can be misleading (I'm not in any position to suggest it be changed, however), but it's not a new issue.

Back
Top Bottom