Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
(I use Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon)

This is very strange, but fishing in the jungle lake suddenly stopped working. I went there for a quest fish, swallowed a Fishing potion, and caught it after first getting 7 other fish. Travelled back home with the mirror item, and handed in the quest fish. Went back to the jungle lake to fish more, since I still had many minutes left of the fishing potion. But now I couldn't catch anything. I waited for minutes, but nothing would bite. Absolutely nothing. And the lake is pretty big. Plus I had a master bait active (the 50% one). Normally I'd get probably 50-ish catches on a fishing potion, if not more, but after handing in the quest fish and going back, there was nothing.

I quit the save via the menu option and re-loaded, hoping it would somehow sort it out. But it didn't. The fishing potion had around 2 minutes left at this point. I waited until it ran out, to see if anything would bite, but it never did. Then I travelled to the ocean to see if anything would bite there, worrying everything was borked now. Thankfully got a few fish there. Went back to the jungle lake, but once again nothing there. I therefore wonder if this is an odd bug that is somehow connected to the fast travelling, or using the fishing line (it's possible I switched to that, from the bezoar, while fishing, as I had forgot about it). Really hope that jungle lake isn't bugged forever now, because it's the only surface jungle lake I have, and it's the reason that house was built there, despite being fairly close to the crimson on the other side of the lake (am still in pre-hardmode).
Fishing bug lake location.jpg
I've attached a save file too, just in case it helps, if you can reproduce this on your end.

PS: The character file has a different name than my character I see, but maybe that's because I renamed it (in-game) while creating the profile?

Edit: I loaded the save again, so this time after having exited the game fully (to write this report). Went back to the jungle lake and tried fishing, and thankfully got up a wooden crate and bass in reasonable time, so it looks like it works again. Most likely means you can't reproduce it from the save, but please look into this after all.

Attachments

• The_Pit_of_Hollow_Knights.wld.7z
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • Pangaea_the_White.plr
    2.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Update:

Think I figured out what was wrong. Went to fish at the same location, and once again nothing would bite. Noticed my dude had his feet in the water. While the bait is still out, I walk up one tile, and instantly something bites. I repeated this several times, in between 'normal' fishing, and it was the same behaviour. Even with just the feet into the water, like in the screenshot, nothing would bite. Is it meant to function like this?
Fishing bug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom