Mobile Fishing bug

I was on one of my extra worlds and had switched my drax to a different item slot. When I left the world and joined my main world I noticed that my drax was displaying the amount of bait I had at the time. It was acting like a fishing rod but in the draxs description there was no fishing power. The bait that was in my inventory was truffle worm. I put the bait into a chest but my drax still wouldn’t work. I looked on the help forums and a suggested remedy was to move the item to a empty slot and save and exit. However when I rejoined the description looked like the bait. Has this happened to anyone else.

I was on one of my extra worlds and had switched my drax to a different item slot. When I left the world and joined my main world I noticed that my drax was displaying the amount of bait I had at the time. It was acting like a fishing rod but in the draxs description there was no fishing power. The bait that was in my inventory was truffle worm. I put the bait into a chest but my drax still wouldn’t work. I looked on the help forums and a suggested remedy was to move the item to a empty slot and save and exit. However when I rejoined the description looked like the bait. Has this happened to anyone else.
Hi @Doubleosomething, it sounds like you've accidentally activated the bait/critter/fishing pole glitch which happens when you swap bait with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save.

How to get the "bait power" or "fishing power" OFF of an item that shouldn't have it:
  • Move the item to an empty space in your inventory
  • Save and exit
  • When you open that character again, it should be fine.
  • If it’s not, then put the item in a chest, close the chest, then open it and get your item again.
This glitch will be absent from the mobile version when it gets its next update. :) To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

A new update for mobile is being released on Aug 27 and it includes an entire new codebase so these bugs hopefully shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

You can read more info about the release date for the update here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

When I did that it changed to bait from the fishing pole. Drbolsen try closing the app or letting it fall asleep it worked for me and I got back my drax. And then it happens again but I had neither the pole or bait in my inventory as well

Welcome I’m trying Fishron as a mage class as well. Specter armor is op. What weapons are you using because I need some help with that as well

I know but I have yet to beat him once so no post Fishron gear
[doublepost=1566233679,1566233555][/doublepost]Hopefully mobile 1.3 fixes it as currently it feels like mobile is the buggiest version of terraria

Well after struggling and dying many times I went with a cheekier solution in the form of a invincibility machine and summons. To get the diabloists fork look for a section of your dungeon that looks like this. You can also get the sniper rifle and tactical gun

Attachments

• 8075ED7F-0575-4171-90F4-E71D39EC7423.png
    8075ED7F-0575-4171-90F4-E71D39EC7423.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 115
Sorry my wifi cut for a few days, I’m doing some fishing quests to get the lava proof fishing rod so I can get the ingredients needed for inferno potions, they are really helpful (I think, they destroy the bubbles he spurs out) and then I’ll try and defeat him with my only strongest weapon I have (spectre staff I think it’s called) with the magic magnet thingy. But I don’t think that’s enough, I can’t get the razor pine and inferno fork, for the R.P I keep on trying to kill everscream (because I think that’s where you get it from) but he never drops it for some reason? I’ll keep on trying to kill him for the R.P. And I can’t find any diabolist In the hardmode dungeon, I’ve spent like 4-5 hours and not even one appearance from him. Try using the celestial stone and celestial cuffs, the C.S boosts your stats a lot day and night and the cuffs are helpful for mana regen, and if you already defeated him then tell me how you did it, thanks!
[doublepost=1566583138,1566583115][/doublepost]
Also sry for the very long message
Well after struggling and dying many times I went with a cheekier solution in the form of a invincibility machine and summons. To get the diabloists fork look for a section of your dungeon that looks like this. You can also get the sniper rifle and tactical gun
Hi guys, just a friendly reminder that this thread’s topic is regarding a fishing bug, and the recent comments here are getting fairly off topic. If you’d like to continue the discussion about fighting Duke I encourage you to take it to your profiles or in a private message. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom