Fishing Question(s)

Noodlesinthehood

Steampunker
Hey there,

I am new to this forum, so sorry if I post in the wrong section. I do have forum experience though, as I have 2.4k messages on the Hypixel forums. The forum setup is very similar between these two forums.

So anyways, I have some questions about fishing. I used to play Terraria on mobile, but I recently bought the game on Steam because I got a gaming laptop.

I acquired the crimson fishing rod or whatever it’s called, and I built a 15x7 fishing pool. I built a roof over my fishing pool, and I was wondering if that hinders the quality of items I get from fishing. Also, is there anything I can do to get better catches besides bait and fishing rods?

Thanks,
Noodlesinthehood

The lake has to be a certain size to avoid getting junk items (seaweed/tin can/old shoe) I'm not sure of the exact minimum size it needs, but if it's a decent size lake like 25x15 blocks, it should be enough.

Depends on where your roof is, if it's directly on the water surface tile it will, but if the water surface doesn't have any obstructions, it will be fine. It won't matter if there are platforms or blocks above the lake.

If you own the Fisherman's Pocket Guide accessory, it will also show a percentage reduction if you are fishing over a lake that is not at the minimum.

Aside from the Rod & bait, acquiring the info accessories will help to plan your fishing. The Moon Phase affects your fishing level with Full Moon giving the highest bonus to fishing level and New Moon giving the lowest. The time of day will also affect your fishing level somewhat is also at it's highest around dawn and sunset (about 1 in game hour after 4:30am and about 1 in game hour before 7:30pm)

Having a higher fishing level will increase the rate at which you fish up items and can improve the chance to fish rarer items as a result. Aside from the environment, the potions you get from completing Angler Quests can also help a little along with Angler Accessories. If you do enough quests for the Angler, you'll eventually get the best fishing rod in the game.

The lake has to be a certain size to avoid getting junk items (seaweed/tin can/old shoe) I'm not sure of the exact minimum size it needs, but if it's a decent size lake like 25x15 blocks, it should be enough.
Cool, I didn’t know that.
Depends on where your roof is, if it's directly on the water surface tile it will, but if the water surface doesn't have any obstructions, it will be fine. It won't matter if there are platforms or blocks above the lake.
I have a roof 5 blocks above the water surface, but I do have wooden platforms right on the water surface. Does that do anything?
If you own the Fisherman's Pocket Guide accessory, it will also show a percentage reduction if you are fishing over a lake that is not at the minimum.
I’ll look into that one.
Aside from the Rod & bait, acquiring the info accessories will help to plan your fishing. The Moon Phase affects your fishing level with Full Moon giving the highest bonus to fishing level and New Moon giving the lowest. The time of day will also affect your fishing level somewhat is also at it's highest around dawn and sunset (about 1 in game hour after 4:30am and about 1 in game hour before 7:30pm)
I didn’t know that either, thanks.
Having a higher fishing level will increase the rate at which you fish up items and can improve the chance to fish rarer items as a result. Aside from the environment, the potions you get from completing Angler Quests can also help a little along with Angler Accessories. If you do enough quests for the Angler, you'll eventually get the best fishing rod in the game.
The golden rod, right?

Back
Top Bottom