Game Mechanics Fishing Quests - Fixes?

HeroGabe

Golem
Well, there has been something that many of you have seen. This thing happens to be in the following video:

Yrimir shows us how easy it is to get the Golden Fishing Rod faster with multiple worlds.

You see, this might not be the intended path the developers intended.

Fishing Quest counts would have to be locked to the world that quest is done, to make the Golden Fishing Rod be more of an effort.

Or you can keep it just as it is, kind of broken. Yes, this is PC exclusive, and what happens as PC only would stay as PC only unless made so.

I don't think it really matters... I mean, it's a fishing rod. At no point has a fishing rod been so important that I've been dying to have it. It's not gamebreaking, it's not gonna give me the powers of a god, it's just going to give me a pretty tool to catch fish with...

Fishing Rods are useful items, not game-breaking ones, so there isn't really a point to locking the quests. Especially considering how long it takes to get the Golden Rod in one world. And if it is tied to the world instead of the player, then in multiplayer, someone can do 49 fishing quests, before another player does the last one and gets the Golden Rod, forcing the first player to do another 50 quests. I would be pretty mad at that.

Not to mention that it still takes hours of generating worlds, reaching the angler, finding a fishing spot, and catching the fish if you use Yrimir's method... Just because something is slightly faster and doesn't follow normal game mechanics, doesn't mean it's completely broken and needs to be fixed.

Even if it was a fast way of getting the golden fishing rod, as others also pointed out, there's nothing overpowered about the thing.
Anyway, Yrimir's way is not that effective. You need to generate a lot of new worlds, which takes time, and even worse: The new worlds will be unexplored, so you'll be searching your rear end off trying to find the more rare type of quest fishes, like the mushroom biome one.

I kinda wish the quests could be changed to allow several of them on a single day.

personally, i like the fact that the quest statistic is linked to the character instead of the world itself. it would suck mega balls if it was strictly linked to the world and not the character for the simple fact that it gives someone's personal character a bit more of an "achievement" type feeling after all the work they poured into it.

Back
Top Bottom