Items Fishing Trophies (like golf trophies)

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
There should be decorative and placeable fishing trophies for reaching various milestones in fishing quests (I think 30, 50, 100, and 200 would be good). It would be a more physical/in world proof of the milestone rather than just the steam achievement.

Edit: it has come to my attention that the steam achievement is cumulative across all worlds, and as such does not need to be completed all in one. Perhaps, based on feedback, the trophies could be 10, 20, 30, and 50 instead

I am imagining something similar to one of the following two designs:

711-7112884_fishing-trophy-design-hd-png-download-306129789.png

456-1334-2336881852.jpg

Last edited:
Fishing trophies already exist.

Fishing trophies already exist.
If you mean the wall mounted ones of the goldfish/shark mouth etc (Trophies), those are not really actual trophies to reward your progress, they're just annoying decorations you can get anytime

Last edited:
They could look fancy, but I think this kinda misses one of the things worth noting regarding fishing quest achievements.
Many players try to tackle that in one save, or even more, in one-go, which means they'll spend several hours - even with ""cheating"" - to get that 200 fishing quests. that's no fun at all. we should heavily discourage players doing so.

Fishing quests from all playthroughs count into the achievement, and it makes a lot more sense (IMO), to complete 30-50 quests per a playthrough at max, and spread those out throughout the playthrough. that way, it feels much less a chore, even if calling it "fun" is still questionable, it definitely provides many useful items.

They could look fancy, but I think this kinda misses one of the things worth noting regarding fishing quest achievements.
Many players try to tackle that in one save, or even more, in one-go, which means they'll spend several hours - even with ""cheating"" - to get that 200 fishing quests. that's no fun at all. we should heavily discourage players doing so.

Fishing quests from all playthroughs count into the achievement, and it makes a lot more sense (IMO), to complete 30-50 quests per a playthrough at max, and spread those out throughout the playthrough. that way, it feels much less a chore, even if calling it "fun" is still questionable, it definitely provides many useful items.
still, to encourage players to do it in one world there would be these cosmetic trophies? unless you think it should be 10, 20, 30, and 50

still, to encourage players to do it in one world there would be these cosmetic trophies? unless you think it should be 10, 20, 30, and 50
there are already specific rewards at specific points in quest progression, like 5 (fuzzy carrot), 10, 15, and 20 (angler armor pieces), and the golden pole at... 30 maybe? or was it 50?
if one cares for fishing, they're much better rewards than some trophies, but there could be some trophies anyway just because why not. but definitelly around low numbers in quest progression like 5, 10, 20 and such. definitely not something like 100 and 200.

Back
Top Bottom