Fishing troubles

I've got all the quest fishes except the ones in the underworld, I've got a hotline fishing hook and I recently got the tundra trout ( quest fish made out of ice) and I went to the underworld, I use sonar potions to see what I'm getting... and then it says tundra trout:eek:... and I got it as many times as I fished in the underworld! I exited and fished (in water) right above the underworld and got prismite (hallow) and i went to the underworld to go fishing and the same thing happened-_-. If I go straight to the underworld and start fishing, I just get obsidifish. I fished for ten minutes. Just obsidifish.:sigh: I've tried everything, golden fishing rod, fishing potion, angler earring, full angler armour, tackle box, high test fishing line and master bait. Same thing.

Oakleaf Thorne casts Thread Necromancy! :dryadtongue: Seriously, I think the mods prefer us to start a new thread, when the old one is this old. I'll answer anyway, though.

AFAICT, there are no Underworld-specific quest fish -- many need to be found Underground or in the Caverns, but not in the Underworld. And none of them need to, or can, be caught in lava.

You can also check the wiki for the exact requirements for a given quest -- what the Angler tells you is often incomplete.

ETA: Fishing in lava, you should also be getting Flarefin Koi -- you need both to brew Inferno potions.

Last edited:
Simply put, I can't catch quest fish. I've caught exactly one quest fish so far, and it wasn't for the active quest. Looking at the wiki, that's not supposed to be possible. I'm using 1.2.4.1, purchased through Steam, unmodified.

Currently, I'm looking for a mirage fish, caught in the underground hallow. So... I've been fishing in an underground hallow for a bit now, well over 100 casts without a mirage fish. Rate of quest fish is supposed to be 1/10, isn't it?
Hey Guys I just came across this thread and had the excact same problem as you. But as it turns out I was fishing in the wrong Biomes!! for example I was looking for a dirtfish, on the wiki it says found in forest. I'm not sure why but when it said forest it made me think of rainforest! after I figured out that the forest was just the regular green ordinary biome. I went there to fish and first fish I caught was the quest fish! I'll provide a link to the site I used and if your not sure about the excact specifications of a catch. This site can be a real life saver. https://terraria.wiki.gg/Angler/Quests

Back
Top Bottom