Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I'm playing normal terraria in vanilla and I go fishing in the jungle for a quest, I just tried it for a little in the water then I realized it doesn't use bait of any kind.

There is also an order for bait to be consumed: Ammo slots first, then the top-left of your inventory through to the bottom-right. It might be it's using a bait you didn't expect. (I've lost many a rare jellyfish catch because it was used as bait with priority over the worms...)

I was watching the number next to the fishing rod and it didn't go down even after catching multiple fish and crates

Sorry if this is a bit of a necro, but I was actually wondering about the order in which bait is consumed on version 1.4.0.5.2 Build 537.
I always have my bait stacked on PC, with the weakest baits on the top and strongest at the bottom (in a single column) so that the weak ones are consumed first. I did the same when I started back up on Mobile, but it seems to be consuming them from the bottom up?????
I haven't changed anything with the controls, just kept them stock, so I was wondering if anyone else had a similar phenomenon happening. Potions seem to be consumed in a similar reverse order for some reason.

(pictured is the new order I tried to get it to consume it properly, still not working)

Also just now do I realize this thread is for the PC version, even though I searched the mobile forums lol.

Attachments

• 8EE3293A-ED79-4B9F-BAFF-8A7EDDE00DA6.png
    8EE3293A-ED79-4B9F-BAFF-8A7EDDE00DA6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Yeah I removed it because I realized what you were saying and my comment was incorrect, so are you saying the worm is being used up?
hmmm maybe it still is acting like the regular pc way. So then it goes from left to right I don’t know though lol
Did some experimenting, and it indeed goes from bottom right to top left in mobile with this layout. Weird, but now we know!

Back
Top Bottom