Mobile Fishron is freakin immposible in mobile

KEVIN138

Terrarian
Ive been playing terraria for quite some time now before the 1.2 update i first started playing in pc but now i got bored and try playing the mobile version it was going so well i defeated plantera and golem easily but when i try killing the duke dishron its fkin impposibel ive tried like 5 times i even make a bridge with asphalt block a long one but i still cant outrun him even with lightning boots and swiftness potion even tho im using shroomite armor and unreal megashark with chlrophyte bullets i dont know why but it seems that the fishron in mobile charges more rapidly and faster than the pc one plus the sad joystick in mobile version making it hard to dodge can anyone help ? I can kill fishron in the pc version just fine but in the mobile version im done

Im using shroomite armor with celestial shell hoverboard ankh shield sniper scope and lightning boots my weapon is unreal megashark with clorophyte bullets
You probably mean Celestial Stone, as the Celestial Shell is from 1.3 update which mobile doesn't have yet.

Your gear sounds good. You may want to reconsider using the hoverboard as the hover part is hard to do on mobile and wings may be easier to control. Also, make sure you've got lots of campfires and heart lanterns scattered around. I also encourage using pumpkin pie and potions - ironskin, thorns, regen, etc. They can make a difference.

You can also take advantage of the damage system since you gain invulnerability when taking damage. All you have to do is get a spike from the dungeon and stand on it then blast away on FishRon. I also recomend building building a platform only arena so your bullets can go through.

For this I would suggest a few things, but you will have to use mage items. You should use the master ninja gear, (or tabi) as his main challenge is his speed. You should use the regenerative spectre armor and a mana flower. the best weapon to use would be the razorpine, but the leaf blower would be okay if you can dodge well. You should have a good prefix, Mythical being the best, and should have warding or quick accessories.

For this I would suggest a few things, but you will have to use mage items. You should use the master ninja gear, (or tabi) as his main challenge is his speed. You should use the regenerative spectre armor and a mana flower. the best weapon to use would be the razorpine, but the leaf blower would be okay if you can dodge well. You should have a good prefix, Mythical being the best, and should have warding or quick accessories.
That is a standard build for all bosses. Good health regen and a powerful weapon? Lets try going a little less overboard.

Yeah, but ive found that you lose almost no health, and it is the most effective way to kill him pre-1.3

Let me add my two cents, I have not battled Fishron (I never knew you could in Mobile) but I beat Ocram several times who is quite the menace. IMHO you're under-prepared. I ditched the Megashark along time ago, since I've been playing mobile since 2014 (and lost my progress several times when I upgraded phones), at some point I realized the Megashark was more trouble than it was worth. My favorite: Uzi. Took a good three hours in the jungle but much safer than getting shark fins. If you haven't beat Ocram I highly recommend that you do please! You should've also beat the Golem several times; try to get a Stynger from him. You should own Beetle armor (or at least turtle armor). Get to the jungle and as you try to get that Uzi, try to get turtle shells, kill two birds with one stone. Get yourself a Vulcan Repeater, you wont regret it! Get minions, you need all the help you can get, I believe in the power of the Hercules betle and the Pygmy necklace... Try to get modifiers of Armored and Warding if possible. And finally, the range damage of Bananarangs and fire damage from Inferno Forks might prove helpful. I found that with mobile version, having weapon choices can help in narrowing down what works best with a certain boss.

Last edited:
MacCentris said:
Let me add my two cents, I have not battled Fishron (I never knew you could in Mobile) but I beat Ocram several times who is quite the menace. IMHO you're under-prepared. I ditched the Megashark along time ago, since I've been playing mobile since 2014 (and lost my progress several times when I upgraded phones), at some point I realized the Megashark was more trouble than it was worth. My favorite: Uzi. Took a good three hours in the jungle but much safer than getting shark fins. If you haven't beat Ocram I highly recommend that you do please! You should've also beat the Golem several times; try to get a Stynger from him. You should own Beetle armor (or at least turtle armor). Get to the jungle and as you try to get that Uzi, try to get turtle shells, kill two birds with one stone. Get yourself a Vulcan Repeater, you wont regret it! Get minions, you need all the help you can get, I believe in the power of the Hercules betle and the Pygmy necklace... Try to get modifiers of Armored and Warding if possible. And finally, the range damage of Bananarangs and fire damage from Inferno Forks might prove helpful. I found that with mobile version, having weapon choices can help in narrowing down what works best with a certain boss.
Thats some pretty good advice, but in the second and more dangerous phase of Duke Fishron will render all but the UZI ineffective. Even the RazorBlade Typhoon, which is a drop from Fishron, is barely able to keep up with him. Now if you can farm Chlorophyte and make Chlorophyte Bullets, the Megashark or the Chain Gun is perfect.
[doublepost=1492661929,1492661799][/doublepost]Also, certain magic weapons work only when he is still. During his 1st Phase Bubble Attack, the Razor Pine and Inferno Fork works. Use the Inferno Fork first as a barrier while using the Razorpine to assault him.

Thanks for the advice, I might make the Megashark if I find that I need it of course... Fishron is my next target, seeing that it is the only boss I haven't beaten. I do check on the wiki often, hoping to find info about awesome items I could still make or find, it is not always clear what might be available in the mobile version. I really love the PC version (1000+ hours there) but I must admit I am way too attached to the mobile version, since I am on the move most of the time. I really enjoy it!

One of my most desired sets to have, is the dragon armor. I am really hesitating to make it! And Ocram is not being nice to me by gifting me a piece. I have everything else when it comes to armor. I am really enjoying the beetle armor for now... but the benefits of the full dragon set seem too good to let go of.

Update: oh I just noticed that perhaps I should just improve my Uzi's modifier rather than attempting to make a megashark, the increase of the firing I'd be getting from a megashark doesn't outweigh the other benefits the Uzi has!

Update 2: the wiki says: "The Stynger counts as a rocket weapon for the purposes of Shroomite armor." -- sounds like the Stynger might get a benefit from the OP's armor. Of course, I see shroomite as such a downgrade to my beetle armor.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, I might make the Megashark if I find that I need it of course... Fishron is my next target, seeing that it is the only boss I haven't beaten. I do check on the wiki often, hoping to find info about awesome items I could still make or find, it is not always clear what might be available in the mobile version. I really love the PC version (1000+ hours there) but I must admit I am way too attached to the mobile version, since I am on the move most of the time. I really enjoy it!

One of my most desired sets to have, is the dragon armor. I am really hesitating to make it! And Ocram is not being nice to me by gifting me a piece. I have everything else when it comes to armor. I am really enjoying the beetle armor for now... but the benefits of the full dragon set seem too good to let go of.

Update: oh I just noticed that perhaps I should just improve my Uzi's modifier rather than attempting to make a megashark, the increase of the firing I'd be getting from a megashark doesn't outweigh the other benefits the Uzi has!

Update 2: the wiki says: "The Stynger counts as a rocket weapon for the purposes of Shroomite armor." -- sounds like the Stynger might get a benefit from the OP's armor. Of course, I see shroomite as such a downgrade to my beetle armor.
The Stynger is a Bad Idea for Duke Fishron. The Shrapnel will never hit him as he moves constantly through blocks.

i always see everyone say use a long asphalt bridge like the WoF. but i just flatten about 20 normal grass blocks, use the reindeer and fly in a large oval while shooting directly behind/under/above me. depending on which way im falling or flying. i also avoid flying too high into space as it will slow you down too much midair. homing weapons help. aside from obvious good gear mentioned above.

Use Beetle Armor, they gives damage reduction and high defense. Outrun the Duke by flying up then dropping down immediately, you'll need wings.

Be careful though, you don't want to go to space.

Also, suggestively, don't use that asphalt thing. Cuz you might fall prey to it's sharknado/cthulhunado or got out of the ocean biome.

Indeed, the Megashark will lose it's shroomite buff but still you'll get plenty of defense for second chances.

Funny thing is, I'm giving you advice while I'm struggling with Duke Fishron himself.

Back
Top Bottom