Five Nights at Freddy's discussion thread

A few months seems relatively unrealistic. Each game has had at least a year to be created and released (with the exceptions of Five Night's at Freddy's 3 (I think) and 4).

A few months seems relatively unrealistic. Each game has had at least a year to be created and released (with the exceptions of Five Night's at Freddy's 3 (I think) and 4).
Actually the games originally were made within months, but Sister Location has changed this since it took Scott about a year to make.

Who knows, if there's another FNAF game coming, perhaps Scott will go even further and it will take even longer and have more enhancements.

EDIT: Fnaf story or whatever
https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenights..._going_to_make_this_real_simple_for_you_guys/

Last edited:
my favorite thing is when people say michael is mike schmidt
just
mmMMMMMMM nice meme
Well to be honest; whereas I'm still not entirely sure what to think of the whole ending cutscene after you defeat Golden Freddy mode in custom night, in a game franchise where hardly any of the names of the human characters are ever revealed it's kind of fishy that two characters that just happen to share the same one. Realistically there are lots of people that share the same name in real life, but when we've only been introduced to about 6 or so notable human beings the chances of two of them sharing the same name isn't impossible: just extremely unlikely.

Nah, my favourite part was when people completed the minigame with Baby for the first time and immediately came to the conclusion that "Baby caused the Bite of '83". Not entirely out of the question: but in order for that to be true the majority of the fandom would have to recognise that the Bite of '83 was an event that happened in the first place (instead of just assuming that the events we were shown in FNaF4 was the Bite of '87) and once they did, have the culprit be undiscovered.

Personally, FNAF 2 is my favorite since it has the most animatronics. But I also like SL but I WAS stuck on Night 2 when you have to reboot the breakers. It was either Bon-Bon that killed me or Freddy. I really love FNAF btw.

Not really sure what I think about the FNAF games. All of them look like very rushed, low budget products. The gameplay itself is extremely boring, basically just pressing buttons and waiting, and the only scare factors in it are jump scares, the cheapest and easiest type of horror to pull off.

I know the franchise has a hardcore fandom, which I'd rather not discuss, but I just don't get the appeal.

Not really sure what I think about the FNAF games. All of them look like very rushed, low budget products. The gameplay itself is extremely boring, basically just pressing buttons and waiting, and the only scare factors in it are jump scares, the cheapest and easiest type of horror to pull off.

I know the franchise has a hardcore fandom, which I'd rather not discuss, but I just don't get the appeal.
The creator has admitted that he does have a rushing problem, and FNAF 1 technically was low budget since he started a kickstarter for it...that received no attention.

Admittedly, the controls are very simple and the gameplay can be boring. There's more to the horror than just jumpscares(but let's be honest, Scott went a bit overboard with those), there's the slow build up of dread as the animatronics first start advancing towards your room...only for you to get a jumpscare, which kinda ruins it.
Though, there's the hallucinations and rare secret screens which make the game itself feel haunted.

And while FNAF3 was a complete jumpscare-fest that could've been done a lot better, it did give us the terrifying abomination known as Springtrap.

A large part of the appeal for a lot of people is the mysterious story that we have to dig deep into the games for, though a lot of people argue that even that story is mediocre...

Though, Sister Location has answered a lot of criticisms people have had about the series. You're no longer always confined to a single room, you sometimes have to get uncomfortably close to your robotic enemies, and the story's gotten to a whole new level of weird. Also, jumpscares are less frequent.

Last edited:

I did watch the first few parts of sister location in hopes that it'd be better than the other fnaf games. The first bit was kind of funny... i guess...

But still, the gameplay is boring, the reasoning for the gameplay mechanics is stupid and makes no sense. Its just all sorts of stuff that should be automated but isn't and such. I can't really say I like the story, either. Isn't the story that the first 3 games were all a dream from some kid with a brain injury?

I did watch the first few parts of sister location in hopes that it'd be better than the other fnaf games. The first bit was kind of funny... i guess...

But still, the gameplay is boring, the reasoning for the gameplay mechanics is stupid and makes no sense. Its just all sorts of stuff that should be automated but isn't and such. I can't really say I like the story, either. Isn't the story that the first 3 games were all a dream from some kid with a brain injury?
To be fair, a large portion of the FNAF games make no sense. But there's no reason they should.

Springtrap, I'd say, is the scariest of all. I jump everytime he walks right up to me; and with the other ones who jump in your face I'm like "meh."

Isn't the story that the first 3 games were all a dream from some kid with a brain injury?

Not that I know of. But the fourth one was about a kid, who assumably has some mental problems since he thinks Golden Freddy is his friend.

Back
Top Bottom