Five Nights at Freddy's discussion thread

FNAF 3 was built on dread. It was so different from the other games in that you had no defence against him if he made it to you. Your only defence are sounds you can play throughout the facility to lure him away. And this character is SMART. Where in the other games it was relatively easy to spot the characters in the cameras Springy actually hides in the various cameras. He hangs in the background, peaks around corners, and can simingly vanish into the static if you take your eyes off him. Most of the time all you can see of him are his eyes just, staring st you. To players of the previous games who were used to quickly flipping through the cameras to rapidly check on everyone (cough-markiplier-cough) this gave him the illusion of simply dissapearing and forced the player to spend the next several seconds slowly flipping through the hall and vent cams to try to find him. The feeling of dread came from the knowledge that you were 100% helpless. There are so many ways for him to get to you and so few ways to keep him away. The constant need to flip up the maninence pannel to reset systems giving him more than enough time to vanish and the constant fear that when you pan the camera or lower your monitor he would be RIGHT THERE. In adition we have the phantoms. Characters that cant hurt you but rather stun you, disable your systems forcing you to reset, and setting of an alarm that has Spring running to the office. The end result is a game that forces you to slow down and take your time even though your brain is screaming at you to hurry up and that he will be there any second. It just feels...... wrong.

FNaF 4's theme was terror. Characters that were something out of a nightmare. Sinister, glowing eyes, multiple rows of razor sharp teeth, and claws that were never meant to be there make these characters radically different than the characters we've grown used to in the past. But what struck players the most was the sudden change in mechanics. Every other game relied on you watching the characters to keep track of them but suddenly we have a game that requires you to not see, but HEAR. This was such a sudden change and that in itself is much of what made this game so much scarier that the others. People say seeing is believing and this game played on that. We were so used to seeing the characters and KNOWING where they were and suddenly we couldnt see them at all and that terrified us. It was a never ending cycle of secong guessing ourselves as we thought we heard something but cant be sure. We could flash the hallway and if were right we were safe but if we're wrong, than your dead. The uncertanty would eat away at you but you HAD TO CHECK! Simply sitting there debating would also kill you. The added factor of having to spin around to check the freddles and running to check Foxy gave the characters more room to sneak in. All in all FNaF 4's sudden change to sound threw everyone for a loop because suddenly it didnt matter if we could see or not, so much that there were people who played blindfolded. The terror came from never knowing if you were safe or not and knowing for sure that the slightest mistake would end in game over

Anyone else know the theory that's been going around about why Scott canceled the FNAF game. Well some people think that The Joy of Creation made Scott quit making FNAF games because Scott's character died in the game.

Hey guys, this image was leaked from "The Freddy Files" recently.
unknown.png

It appears to be some sort of withered/twisted version of Circus Baby. People think this is a new teaser for FNaF 6. And before you tell me that Scott said it was cancelled, he actually edited that announcement on Steam to clarify things. He just needs a break. A long one. Plus, the Freddy Files confirmed that there'd be more games.
There's also a new image on scottgames.com
It looks like pixelated Freddy farting a rainbow.

Hey guys, this image was leaked from "The Freddy Files" recently.
unknown.png

It appears to be some sort of withered/twisted version of Circus Baby. People think this is a new teaser for FNaF 6. And before you tell me that Scott said it was cancelled, he actually edited that announcement on Steam to clarify things. He just needs a break. A long one. Plus, the Freddy Files confirmed that there'd be more games.
There's also a new image on scottgames.com
It looks like pixelated Freddy farting a rainbow.
Here's said rainbow farting Freddy
image01.jpg

I feel bad for not really posting more news on this thread.
A lot of talk has happened involving the FNaF movie in the last two days.
We got a confirmed prediction from Blumhouse (the company making the movie) recently in an interview: http://www.hollywoodpoint.us/2017/1...more-than-just-groundhog-day-in-a-scary-skin/
Blumhouse has had one hell of a year with Get Out and Split coming one after the other. Have you had any chance to reflect on that and think about what that means in terms of the future of the company?

Oh yeah, definitely. I think about it a lot. It’s certainly has opened up a lot of doors for us, and I want to take advantage of that and not just keep doing what we’re doing, but expanding and improving what we’re doing. Hopefully we’ll see the fruits of that next year. We’re certainly, in TV, we have Sharp Objects and the Roger Ailes series and the PurgeTV series, and on the movie side we have Insidious in January. We have the next Purgemovie in the summer, and then we have Halloween, and then we have Glass, and then we have Spawn and Five Nights of Freddy soon after that, so we have a lot of stuff in store and hopefully we’ll keep learning and keep growing.
(Yes, they called it "Five Nights of Freddy")
Apparently, this "Halloween" movie is supposed to come out in October 2018. And then I also looked further and found that this "Glass" movie is supposed to come out in January 2019, according to this: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/m...breakable-sequel-disney-universal-1202578175/
Production companies are Blinding Edge Pictures and Blumhouse. Glass will be released by Universal Pictures in North America on Jan. 18, 2019.
And then Scott said this on Reddit yesterday:
Everyone stay tuned for news on this in the coming month! :)

And by the way, I'm 99% certain that things like "Five Nights of Freddy" are mistakes made by the editors. :p Obviously Jason Blum knows the name of the movie he's making. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to double check to make sure that everyone knows the name of the movie they're making...
So it's gonna be a while before we see the movie (mid-2019). I really hope I don't lose interest by then.

Welp, it looks like yet another review was posted on Scott's voices.com page.
https://www.voices.com/people/animdude#feedbacks
If you weren't aware, this dude named "Dave Steele" posted a review on Scott's voices.com page on September 15th. This was when he had the job of an "Instructional Technician".
Exactly 2 weeks ago, he posted another review for Scott under the role of "Technician 2".
And today, he posted yet another review as "Technician 3".
I was talking with people on Reddit, and apparently, these job listings don't always mean different roles, but just different scripts. "Heather Masters had a lot of listings, but they were all for Baby," someone on Reddit said.
What on earth is going on... o_O

Recently MatPat hosted an episode of GT Live and had a special guest: the voice actor for Freddy Fazbear. I wasnt able to watch the whole stream but they were talking about a new FNaF game among other things. I went back to find it so I could link it hrte but couldent find it. It might have actually gotten taken down. Maybe it contained some stuff Scott didn't want us to know about? I dunno

Recently MatPat hosted an episode of GT Live and had a special guest: the voice actor for Freddy Fazbear. I wasnt able to watch the whole stream but they were talking about a new FNaF game among other things. I went back to find it so I could link it hrte but couldent find it. It might have actually gotten taken down. Maybe it contained some stuff Scott didn't want us to know about? I dunno
It didn't contain much. The only interesting thing was when MatPat asked Kellen if he was gonna be in FNaF 6, and Kellen said "voices come last".
Oh, and he showed us some unused voice lines for Funtime Freddy.

Also, there's something new on scottgames.com
It's called "4th paragraph".

Only linking this because Scott mentioned a good deal of this stuff is correct

So turns out Micheal isn't Springtrap. It's William and that whole Springtrap Fnaf Sister Location cutscene? Micheal's voice was just slowed down for dramatic effect and Fredbear chomping that kid was the bite of 1983 not 1987
Also Purple Guy isn't actually purple :indifferent:

All is chaos in the FNaF fandom right now.
First off: yet another image on scottgames.com. Freddy juggling pizzas. (attached below)
And a new image on fnafworld.com. Same as before, but baby's (some people think it's actually ballora) eyes are closed. (also attached below)
Finally, a comment from Scott that he made on a reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/7bhflu/a_bit_disappointing_tbh/
The post said:
Was totally wrong about Springtrap, but now it feels like all interest in fnaf 6 is lost. William is just a corpse inside a suit while he would have been a very mysterious entity and alive even after all this time, and that seemed really cool. The scenes in Sl update just seem like they were trying to confuse us on purpose. Well, at least the theorizing got alot less complicated
And Scott replied:
It might not be that you lost interest, it might just be that you don't need fnaf 6 anymore. As I said in a previous post, the new game, which I was struggling with anyway, was really only existing to clear up things that were frustrating people in the community. Now that those issues have been solved, that burden isn't on me anymore. It kind of goes back to my older post about the kind of game I would like to make, vs the one I feel I haveto make. I don't have to do it anymore, which is actually very freeing. :)
guys
i'm scared

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Iamstillhere.jpg
    Iamstillhere.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 205
All is chaos in the FNaF fandom right now.
First off: yet another image on scottgames.com. Freddy juggling pizzas. (attached below)
And a new image on fnafworld.com. Same as before, but baby's (some people think it's actually ballora) eyes are closed. (also attached below)
Finally, a comment from Scott that he made on a reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/7bhflu/a_bit_disappointing_tbh/
The post said:

And Scott replied:

guys
i'm scared
So could this mean that since he no longer feels he has to make FNaF 6 a certain way he's possibly willing to make another one that's made the way he would want to make it?

So could this mean that since he no longer feels he has to make FNaF 6 a certain way he's possibly willing to make another one that's made the way he would want to make it?
Actually, on Reddit suggested that. He can make FNaF 6 in a different way than he wanted to!
But first things first: the pizzeria tycoon.

Or it means since he doesn't feel it needs to be made he never makes it.

Scott released a new book, it pretty much looks like a kid's activity book with some lore stuff apparently?
It looks interesting and some of the art looks great!
FldzdW569Vmq_qV9ed01M9GA3aEyjwQ9RPhx7HAaysY.png

You can read more about here; https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenights...8dte/spoilers_survival_logbook_preview_pages/
So it’s gonna be an activity book?
Hehe, I’m afraid that’s not what a survival logbook is, Scotto.
This is a tad bit disappointing.
In other stuff, Scott has 6 days left to give us movie news.

So it’s gonna be an activity book?
Hehe, I’m afraid that’s not what a survival logbook is, Scotto.
This is a tad bit disappointing.
In other stuff, Scott has 6 days left to give us movie news.
In recent news, apparently he has nothing new to say. Said he had to wait a bit longer to say anything cause' the state of stuff is uncertain.

Scott made a new announcement on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/506610/announcements/detail/1464096684951230173
Hey guys, I just wanted to make a quick post with some updates on current projects.

First of all, I know that I promised movie news soon, but I guess that news will have to wait. It had to do with an exciting cast/crew addition, but things are not quite finalized yet so I'll give that some more time.

In game-related news, I REFUSE to let an entire year go by without a game release, so I'm putting together something fun for all of you for the holidays. I'm not sure if I'll release it on Steam or Gamejolt yet, but I'll let you know. Hopefully it won't take much longer to wrap it up.

That's it for the update! Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom