Items Fix prices on Golden furniture, chests

Mental Mouse

Terrarian
Most of the Golden furniture set, dropped by the Pirates, is salable for 2 gold. However, for certain items this seems to be overridden by the furniture item's "usual" price: The Work bench, Dresser, and Piano sell for coppers, and the Chest sells for a single silver piece (low even among chests!). I suggest that all of the above have their sale price raised to the set's 2 gold. While we're at it, we might even make the Platforms sell for 1 silver each, even though most Platforms are unsalable.

While checking prices I noticed that chest prices are all over the place, with little rhyme or reason: The biome chests sell for half what the craftable ones do, uncraftabile loot chests are no different than craftable ones, and some chests are mysteriously a single silver. My suggestion:
  • Most craftable chests should sell for 5 silver (still less than the sale price of the iron or lead that went into them).
  • ...except those from non-renewable materials (Marble, Flesh, Frozen, Lhizhard, Dungeon), plus Dynasty and Steampunk, for 10 silver
  • Most uncraftable loot chests for 20 silver...
  • ...except "gold chests" (gilded?), for 30 silver. (Uncraftable and "gold" -- I originally was thinking 50 silver, but they are pretty common.)
  • Golden Chests, as above, for 2 gold.
  • Biome Chests for 5 gold

Last edited:
On a related note: Keys should be salable. The Shadow Key already goes for 1.5 gold, I'd say the Golden Key should be worth a gold. Say, 5 gold for the Temple Key and 10 for Biome Keys. (It's no more than a golden critter...)

On a related note: Keys should be salable. The Shadow Key already goes for 1.5 gold, I'd say the Golden Key should be worth a gold. Say, 5 gold for the Temple Key and 10 for Biome Keys. (It's no more than a golden critter...)
Maybe lower the Golden Key to, let's say, 25 Silver (they're not super rare), but yeah, you make some good points and some decent deals.

Back
Top Bottom