NPCs & Enemies Fix the Jungle Mimic

Would be nice for it to have actual drops, but as long as it is not formally implemented it probably won't have any, like chatter-teeth bombs. While at it, the exploding snowman would work pretty nicely with chatter-teeth bombs' AI.

The Jungle Mimic was cut from the game because of how ridiculously fleshed out the Jungle is compared to other biomes (seriously, can you even think of another biome with three major bosses?)

The Jungle Mimic was cut from the game because of how ridiculously fleshed out the Jungle is compared to other biomes (seriously, can you even think of another biome with three major bosses?)
Forest :dryadnaughty:

Perhaps another biome could use its own large mimic instead, I was about to say the Underground Ice biome but it already has its own mimic.

No, because none of those bosses enrage if you leave the forest (and they don't even have to be summoned there), therefore, they don't have a biome.
I know :dryadsad:

Well technically the Golem can be summoned anywhere without being enraged if you use actuators to move the alter, and even then it's in the Lizhard temple. The Queen Bee can also be summoned outside of the Jungle without beeing enraged.

But I do get your point, we need more biome bosses.

What a weird post, complaining about an enemy's drops while said enemy isn't even implemented.
You're in luck though. They fixed the Jungle Mimic's drops by not implementing the Jungle Mimic.

Case closed. *puts the file into a crate and buries it deep within Area 51*

But really, as I've mentioned in a similar topic before, the jungle is full of enemies already and extremely annoying to travel through. It is, in my opinion, the most dangerous biome by -far-. So I could do without yet another jungle headache. Please draw a ticket, mimic; there are 53 hornets, 4 ninja turtles, 918 bees, and 23 other assorted jungle creeps currently waiting in line to tear me a new one.
If devs go insane and do introduce it at some point, I hope they will make sure the jungle doesn't become overkill. Perhaps by only making it spawn in the deepest portion of the jungle.

But really, as I've mentioned in a similar topic before, the jungle is full of enemies already and extremely annoying to travel through. It is, in my opinion, the most dangerous biome by -far-. So I could do without yet another jungle headache. Please draw a ticket, mimic; there are 53 hornets, 4 ninja turtles, 918 bees, and 23 other assorted jungle creeps currently waiting in line to tear me a new one.
If devs go insane and do introduce it at some point, I hope they will make sure the jungle doesn't become overkill. Perhaps by only making it spawn in the deepest portion of the jungle.
I agree with this point too. The Jungle may be my favorite biome, but I like excessive difficulty a little too much, so that probably actually helps your point more than anything :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd have to say that we really don't need a Jungle Mimic, and besides, the only 3 Biome Mimics in the game currently are Hallow, Crimson, and Corruption. All three of them are Light/Dark and "unnatural" biomes.

It wouldn't make sense for one natural biome to have a special mimic when the others do not. There's no Ice Mimic, Desert Mimic, Forest Mimic, Sea Mimic, etc.

Mimics are unnatural creatures, and it makes sense that the nastiest of them are found in the middle of places of high unnatural energy. The Jungle is hardly that.

EDIT: Also, the spawn methods. You spawn the other 3 mimics with Souls of Light/Night, what would you spawn the Jungle Mimic with?
EDIT2: Didn't notice the post above me mentioned the Jungle Keys... well, then we'd have inconsistency. Why would 1 Mimic be treated differently than the other 3?

There's no Ice Mimic

Ice Mimic.png
Am I a joke to you?

Ice Mimic.png
Am I a joke to you?

Well, okay, there's a minor ice mimic. An oddity. Not sure why they threw that in. I forgot about it, it's that strange lol.

But you can surely get what I mean, that it's nothing like the "Big 3" Mimics. It is, IIRC, the same size and strength as any other mimic, just slightly different drops.

I think they only added that one in, during the update where they redid the whole Ice Biome to try and flesh it out a bit more, and they forgot to add those in the other areas.

So perhaps we could get a Desert and a Jungle "Minor" Mimic, maybe? Maybe give it some drops as alternative ways to get some items that can be annoying to find (Flower Boots...)?

EDIT: But yanno, Journey's End is coming and I wouldn't be surprised if they smoothed out inconsistencies like this.

Back
Top Bottom