Wavebank Fixing music for Terraria 1.4.1.2 (and possibly beyond)

MadaxTheShadow

Official Terrarian
The above hotfix broke all currently running wavebanks despite not adding any new tracks. That's because the music is no longer loaded in memory on launch and is instead streamed from file. If you're creating a wave bank, you can make yours compatible easily in both Microsoft's XACT3 and Quick Wave Bank (QWB) by @trigger_segfault. For XACT3, this can be done by clicking on the Wave Bank, looking to the properties box on the left side, and changing the type from "In Memory" to "Streaming". For QWB, check the "Streaming" box under Options > Advanced. Remember to include all 90 (ninety) tracks or the volume will still crash and set itself to 0%.

Last edited:
Had to register to thank you for figuring this out. My buddy just brought this to my attention and we were comparing and decompiling the banks trying to figure out what changed. Jumped to these forums to see if anyone was was similarly affected and sure enough, you provide both the cause and the fix.

You're the real deal. Thanks a bunch.

thank you so much, i just spent hours putting together a wavebank to find them not working... dumped another few hours trying to find a thread like this

The above hotfix broke all currently running wavebanks despite not adding any new tracks. That's because the music is no longer loaded in memory on launch and is instead streamed from file. If you're creating a wave bank, you can make yours compatible easily in both Microsoft's XACT3 and Quick Wave Bank (QWB) by @trigger_segfault. For XACT3, this can be done by clicking on the Wave Bank, looking to the properties box on the left side, and changing the type from "In Memory" to "Streaming". For QWB, check the "Streaming" box under Options > Advanced. Remember to include all 89 (eighty nine) tracks or the volume will still crash and set itself to 0%.

it doesn't work for me, my music bar still sets to 0

Which program are you using to create it? XACT or QWB? If you're using XACT, are you making changes for the Xbox settings or Windows settings?

Also, I found someone having issues with what I assume is the vanilla one. Perhaps you might be having a similar issue with audio devices? Audio bug (Music slider hard stuck on 0 and cannot change, no audio in game)
i've tried everything, i tried the 2 programs that u said and nothing worked for me

also i tried using my speakers instead of my headset and nothing changed xd

It didn't work for me. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, I also don't know how to use this Microsoft XACT3, I tried it with Quick Wave Bank and it didn't work. I enter Terraria and keep that flower loading indefinitely. I'm not trying to create a kk file, I'm trying to take an existing one that I found in the forum on this subject and put it in Terraria's Steam folder, but it's not working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom