Wavebank Fixing music for Terraria 1.4.1.2 (and possibly beyond)

It didn't work for me. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, I also don't know how to use this Microsoft XACT3, I tried it with Quick Wave Bank and it didn't work. I enter Terraria and keep that flower loading indefinitely. I'm not trying to create a kk file, I'm trying to take an existing one that I found in the forum on this subject and put it in Terraria's Steam folder, but it's not working.
You still need to recreate the file to do so. QWB can extract a wave bank's contents that you can use to rebuild with the listed changes.

You still need to recreate the file to do so. QWB can extract a wave bank's contents that you can use to rebuild with the listed changes.

It left the loading screen, but now the volume has stopped at 0 kkk. However, I realized that the file I'm using contains only 88 tracks, and I read above that you need 89, the problem must be this kkk. But, I don't understand this technical part, I can't imagine which track is missing since Terraria has exactly 88 tracks, I don't understand kk.

Last edited:
It left the loading screen, but now the volume has stopped at 0 kkk. However, I realized that the file I'm using contains only 88 tracks, and I read above that you need 89, the problem must be this kkk. But, I don't understand this technical part, I can't imagine which track is missing since Terraria has exactly 88 tracks, I don't understand kk.
Terraria has 89 tracks in total, the last one being the credits theme. Add in your own credits theme before you recreate the wave bank and you will be good to go

Terraria has 89 tracks in total, the last one being the credits theme. Add in your own credits theme before you recreate the wave bank and you will be good to go
Oh, the credits, that was exactly what was missing and I was not remembering KKK. THANK YOU SO MUCH, everything went well now, you are amazing <3.

Oh, the credits, that was exactly what was missing and I was not remembering KKK. THANK YOU SO MUCH, everything went well now, you are amazing <3.
could u pls send me the wavebank?, cause i've been trying to fix it since december but i just simply can't xd

The above hotfix broke all currently running wavebanks despite not adding any new tracks. That's because the music is no longer loaded in memory on launch and is instead streamed from file. If you're creating a wave bank, you can make yours compatible easily in both Microsoft's XACT3 and Quick Wave Bank (QWB) by @trigger_segfault. For XACT3, this can be done by clicking on the Wave Bank, looking to the properties box on the left side, and changing the type from "In Memory" to "Streaming". For QWB, check the "Streaming" box under Options > Advanced. Remember to include all 89 (eighty nine) tracks or the volume will still crash and set itself to 0%.
I'm sorry if I'm being an idiot but my mind is just not working could you please tell me in like an easier way or a YouTube tutorial or just tell me your discord and ill screen share and you can show because I'm just confused.

Hello, I am on version 1.4.3.2 of terraria and when I put the wave bank in the content folder the music goes down to 0, even activating "Streaming" and next to the 89 songs, help pls

Hello, I am on version 1.4.3.2 of terraria and when I put the wave bank in the content folder the music goes down to 0, even activating "Streaming" and next to the 89 songs, help pls
The game now has 90 songs. I recommend making a music pack instead of a wavebank, anyway

The game now has 90 songs. I recommend making a music pack instead of a wavebank, anyway
ok so what the hell is a music pack, and how does one make one anyways
cuz i've been tearing my hair out trying to fix this issue for a while now, and none of the wavebank fixes have worked
i've added 90 tracks, silence; i've set QWB to streaming mode, silence; i'm at wit's end here

ok so what the hell is a music pack, and how does one make one anyways
cuz i've been tearing my hair out trying to fix this issue for a while now, and none of the wavebank fixes have worked
i've added 90 tracks, silence; i've set QWB to streaming mode, silence; i'm at wit's end here
There are 91 tracks now. Regardless, I still recommend music packs instead. All the audio files, which can be .wav, .mp3, or .ogg, are placed in a .zip/folder structure. No build programs, no breaking when tracks are missing. Instructions here.

Back
Top Bottom