Sprites Fixing pre WoF ranger armor progression

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Rangers are my favorite class. They have some class specific armors, sure, but there's one missing that I've wondered why it is - the inbetween from ore armors and WoF armors.
Think about it, Melee has Shadow, Magic has Meteor, and Summoners can do with Crimson.
But rangers? We get a big, fat, nothing.
Now, do you all remember these buggers:
Goblin_Army.png

That's right, its the Goblin Army!
Now, remember that material their scouts have? We're giving it to all of them.
Its Tattered Cloth! Now, what can you do with that cloth? Make a Standard, that's all? NOT ANYMORE! Say hello to Goblin armor!
image (4).png

Crafted from 60 Tattered Cloth at a Loom.
13 defense (4, 5, 4)
+10% ranged damage
+4% ranged critical strike chance
10% to not consume ammo
+10% increased arrow velocity
Set bonus: Enemies & bosses drop twice as much money as intended

So, that's it for now!

Last edited:
Don't forget about Necro armour, and 1.4 will convert the 2 thrower armours into ranged. (Damn you Derpling :dryadcry:)
This armour seems to be fairly balanced, however the set bonus is way too overpowered for any armour set.

No, I read:

Which is a niche all three of those armors could arguably fit in.
Necro doesn't really fit in that niche to me, it's more of a "carry-you-through-hardmode-before-ores" tier.
Also, throwing being merged into ranged is something I never really consider, but I could change this if I have to.

:sigh:I'm trying to say that Necro armor is more powerful than Shadow, Crimson and Meteor to be relegated to that tier. It should be in the same tier as Molten.
Crimson is even stronger than all of those, because it boosts all damage types and the regeneration it provides can hard carry you until hallowed tier (at least in normal mode it does that easily, I don't know about expert, because I never have expert crimson worlds lol.) I really don't agree with that.

Well, it’s alright. It certainly gives me something to do with my tattered cloths, but honestly this is the moment when some some rangers start switching to bullets instead of arrows. Maybe do something with that. And most arrows aren’t really that good in PreHM so few people use them unless they have special bows. Also, that set bonus is a bit too op.

Well, it’s alright. It certainly gives me something to do with my tattered cloths, but honestly this is the moment when some some rangers start switching to bullets instead of arrows. Maybe do something with that. And most arrows aren’t really that good in PreHM so few people use them unless they have special bows. Also, that set bonus is a bit too op.
"Switching to bullets instead of arrows"
Jester arrows: Am I a joke to you?

The Hellwing bow, Molten Fury, and Bees Knees are not bad weapons. I usually just use them instead of guns.

That's because of how utterly busted it is, right?
Yep, I never really go for Necro armour, I just feel that by the time you get it it's not all that useful compared the Crimson. Then in hardmode I go for Titanium or Frost if the world has Adamantite (Don't kill me)

Yep, I never really go for Necro armour, I just feel that by the time you get it it's not all that useful compared the Crimson. Then in hardmode I go for Titanium or Frost if the world has Adamantite (Don't kill me)
Ew, frost armor. You know you can just craft two helmets and right click them to switch them quickly, right? You don't need to hurt your DPS by giving your weapons a useless debuff.

Back
Top Bottom