Weapons & Equip Fixing the Keybrand in the most esoteric way possible

KIIINGDOM HEEEARTS!

• I know now, without a doubt, that this suggestion is great!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Eh.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Is this the answer? It can't be!

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
Because there are already loads of swords that shoot projectiles. I have no problem with them, but copying old sword types is lazy and uncreative.
"Keybrand Arcana."
Shut up, Strawman. That doesn't count.
This isn't copying any swords, these projectiles could bounce or something.

Disrespectful - Throwing insults at someone is never appropriate.
Excuse you. Ex-farking-scuse you. Absolutely no one is forcing you to grind for these. Saying there's no reward is flat-out wrong. The hardest part to obtain would be the Broken Hero Sword - but that doesn't stop anyone from getting the Terra Blade. If you're saying that there's no difference, you're sadly mistaken - that's like saying the Light Discs and and Excalibur are identical. These aren't meant to be a forced tier upgrade - they're supposed to be fun weapons (with the possible exception of the Arcana, but that's beside the point.) that patch the Keybrand's uselessness.
Excuse you, I was very polite and didn't warrant numskull like behavior. If its that easy why not just make a Terrablade, which can be obtained before the hardmode dungeon?

and didn't warrant numskull like behavior.
It's spelled "numbskull."
If its that easy why not just make a Terrablade, which can be obtained before the hardmode dungeon?
The Terra Blade is horribly imbalanced, and should never be used for comparisons.

The point was that these were not, and I quote,
a bunch of pointless weapons I'd have to grind for with no real reward or difference between them.

The Keybrand is already a grind with no real reward, and no difference from vastly superior weapons obtainable earlier. And while, yes, there are three weapons, once again, no one is forcing you to grind for all three of them.

The reason why I responded with such fervor - One, despite what you claimed, you were not polite. You used a pejorative term ("pointless") and were clearly dismissive. (You claimed all three weapons had no real difference between them, despite one being unique to all of Terraria.)

Two, you offered no useful criticism. I've been over this in this very thread, but if your post doesn't help the suggestion improve (Even ones that say "I liked this, this and this" help to show what particular parts of a suggestion were strong.) then it might as well not be posted. (Yes, I disagree with generic "I support" posts.)

You stated that it was a grind - which I refuted with the fact that people still farm for the Terra Blade - and that they were essentially identical - which I, implicitly, refuted with the fact that the Striker and Arcana had very clear differences in use.

Now, instead of being dismissive of other forum members and myself, and calling my rebuttal foolish, if you still disagree with this suggestion, and you still care to make attempts at contributing, then why don't you rebuke those two points I brought up? I would appreciate it.

The Terrablade is amazingly good, I see no "horrible imbalance" as you put it. You know what IS horribly imbalanced though?

DEEZ NU- No.

The Flairon.

The Terrablade is amazingly good, I see no "horrible imbalance" as you put it.
The fact that it's amazingly good is exactly why it's imbalanced. The hardest sword in the game to get is the Christmas Tree Sword, but that weapon is heavily outclassed by the Terra Blade. The Terra Blade deals more overall damage than The Horseman's Blade. Both of the Moon Swords are post-Plantera, but the Terra Blade is more powerful than both of them. The Terra Blade is also significantly more powerful than all other post-Mech items. Hence, it is imbalanced.

The fact that it's amazingly good is exactly why it's imbalanced. The hardest sword in the game to get is the Christmas Tree Sword, but that weapon is heavily outclassed by the Terra Blade. The Terra Blade deals more overall damage than The Horseman's Blade. Both of the Moon Swords are post-Plantera, but the Terra Blade is more powerful than both of them. The Terra Blade is also significantly more powerful than all other post-Mech items. Hence, it is imbalanced.
Well, it is called the TERRAblade and its emblazed with the games colors...
Maybe it should have some extra ingredients.

Well, it is called the TERRAblade and its emblazed with the games colors...
Maybe it should have some extra ingredients.
Just because of the name has part of the title doesn't balance it. Gating it post plantera might help (which is already being done)
DEEZ NU- No.

The Flairon.
The Flairon is gated past the most difficult boss in the game so far, it deserves the extra power.

I don't know if we are drifting off topic but if we are feel free to create a place for us to argue about the terra blade.

I don't know if we are drifting off topic but if we are feel free to create a place for us to argue about the terra blade.
I was going to jokingly say "There is," then link to my Terra Blade crafted at the Lihzahrd Altar suggestion, but that's really not a place to argue about the Terra Blade itself.

This is getting off topic again. While I am unfamiliar with the reference material I can still judge the item. Well they seem to be pretty cool, I am always in favor of new boomerangs. I am too sleepy to judge the others.

I don't see any reason why it should stay as a normal sword instead of a paladin's hammer/vampire knives combination. We already have plenty of swords, and there isn't really any way to make this weapon compete with the "true" blades without making it shoot lasers or something.

Well, given Sora can shoot light out of the Keyblade, I see no reason why not for giving it a beam. I would love to dual wield some myself. XD
[DOUBLEPOST=1431558442,1431558269][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because there are already loads of swords that shoot projectiles. I have no problem with them, but copying old sword types is lazy and uncreative.
"Keybrand Arcana."
Shut up, Strawman. That doesn't count.

Well, do we have a sword that fires a constant beam? It could be a magic weapon and cost mana, but does a piercing limited range white beam?

Well, do we have a sword that fires a constant beam? It could be a magic weapon and cost mana, but does a piercing limited range white beam?
If that's what you're interested in, I'd go ahead and suggest it yourself. It's not a bad idea, but I'm not interested in it at present.

Back
Top Bottom