Flags are getting out of hand..

I explained why and am not going to explain it again.
I usually dispose of them with the other random trash that is guaranteed to accumulate in your inventory when working basically anywhere. These sessions are usually about a quarter of an hour apart under optimal circumstances and I barely even think about it anymore. If you can't live with that much, then only a miracle may save you.

I usually dispose of them with the other random trash that is guaranteed to accumulate in your inventory when working basically anywhere. These sessions are usually about a quarter of an hour apart under optimal circumstances and I barely even think about it anymore. If you can't live with that much, then only a miracle may save you.
Another righteous one. Who says I can't live with it? I pretty much have to, don't I? It annoys me greatly though and it's obvious that I am not the only one so do get off your high horse and just accept that there are people that don't share your mindset.
And damned be your miracles, a patch is what I want.

Another righteous one. Who says I can't live with it? I pretty much have to, don't I? It annoys me greatly though and it's obvious that I am not the only one so do get off your high horse and just accept that there are people that don't share your mindset.
And damned be your miracles, a patch is what I want.
Why not get off your high horse and accept that after 3-4 months the devs haven't done anything because they think it's fine otherwise they wouldn't have implemented the new flag drop system.

Why not get off your high horse and accept that after 3-4 months the devs haven't done anything because they think it's fine otherwise they wouldn't have implemented the new flag drop system.

That's not necessarily because they think it's fine, it's also because it's not very resource-effective to rework the entire banner system.

If we were to make a change to just 1 drop per world I can see a lot of complaints from people with multiple builds (decoration purposes) or multiple arenas. Unfortunately I don't really see an option that makes everyone happy. It is pretty easy to just delete the duplicates. :p
Honestly, indeed just really easy to delete the additional ones you don't need.
But how about ramping up the number by 50 or times 2?
So first, 50, then 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 (kills)
Or first, 50, then 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 (kills)
Maybe that would ease the 'income' of banners a bit?

Honestly, indeed just really easy to delete the additional ones you don't need.
But how about ramping up the number by 50 or times 2?
So first, 50, then 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 (kills)
Or first, 50, then 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 (kills)
Maybe that would ease the 'income' of banners a bit?
Well the second one makes more sense as the first one is how the game rewards banners right now any ways... First 50 kills gets you a banner them every 50 kills after does too. Why not make it a choice to receive the additional banner drops but keep the first.

Well the second one makes more sense as the first one is how the game rewards banners right now any ways... First 50 kills gets you a banner them every 50 kills after does too. Why not make it a choice to receive the additional banner drops but keep the first.
No with the first one I didn't mean every time 50 kills. I meant, first 50 kills.. then 100 kills. So in total that would require 150 kills for 2 banners, not 100.

What you're basically saying is that the devs are gods among men and don't make mistakes. Newsflash: Devs are people too.

What you're basically saying is that the devs are gods among men and don't make mistakes. Newsflash: Devs are people too.
Really? I thought they were almighty, I mean they do control what content is added into the game, right?

But reply if you want, I'd rather not continue this convo because you want to always try and one up someone

What exactly are you people doing that "floods" your inventory with banners? Even AFK farming should only get like a dozen different banners at most, and they stack.

What exactly are you people doing that "floods" your inventory with banners? Even AFK farming should only get like a dozen different banners at most, and they stack.
It's pretty clear that a lot of people don't understand what is so annoying about opening your inventory all the time to make room for other items, and that's fine ofcourse. It's awesome not to be bothered by constant clutter piling up.
Anyway, plenty of people have explained why it's annoying, if other people don't understand this annoyance, even after explanations, then they'll never will.

When did he say/imply this?
(Personally, I'm more concerned about the biome mimics' ranged weapons, but that's neither here nor there.)
Reddit. As in Reddit. The website. Here's a link to one of the banner forums: https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/3ecura/i_am_sick_of_the_banners/

Then you'd have problems with how to implement that in multiplayer, and you'll probably get people asking for a similar feature for stuff like herbs or random blocks dug up underground.
Why would you have problems implementing it into multiplayer when the banners are put directly into your inventory via your own personal kill counter? It's a very personal system, so i don't see how it would be that difficult.

And maybe auto-trashing items can be a thing. Putting in a feature like this wouldn't ruin the game for players, unless maybe you feel the urge to always trash the items you don't need. For those players, you could just keep auto-trashing off. I don't see a way this hurts the game. It would definitely make the mining process more convenient, and farming the nymph banners less painful.

Why would you have problems implementing it into multiplayer when the banners are put directly into your inventory via your own personal kill counter? It's a very personal system, so i don't see how it would be that difficult.

And maybe auto-trashing items can be a thing. Putting in a feature like this wouldn't ruin the game for players, unless maybe you feel the urge to always trash the items you don't need. For those players, you could just keep auto-trashing off. I don't see a way this hurts the game. It would definitely make the mining process more convenient, and farming the nymph banners less painful.
Because banner drops and kill counts are based on the world you're in, not each individual player. Everyone shares the same kill counter in one world, so having an option to disable banner drops would likely have to apply to everyone in that world.

I guess an option to auto-trash certain items could possibly help, but I think it'd be better to have it where players just don't pick up those items instead of vacuuming them up and deleting them.

It's pretty clear that a lot of people don't understand what is so annoying about opening your inventory all the time to make room for other items, and that's fine ofcourse. It's awesome not to be bothered by constant clutter piling up.
Anyway, plenty of people have explained why it's annoying, if other people don't understand this annoyance, even after explanations, then they'll never will.

But seriously, what are you people doing?
This is an honest-to-goodness question, I get that clutter is clutter, but I simply don't understand how there's so much, and how it's any worse than the typical clutter one accumulates through regular play.
Do I want an auto-trash option? Heck yeah, that would be great.
Do I understand how people are accumulating so many banners that it gets annoying? Not at all. Again, how is there so much banner clutter? I get more clutter from random plants and mob drops than I've ever had through Banners, except during events. And during events, I'd only get like half a dozen types at once, and if I can't hold that then there's something seriously wrong with my inventory. I find two or three seconds to trash them every ten-ish minutes when I'd be checking my inventory anyway not even worth mentioning.

I just completed the game. I think the most banners I had were blue slimes and they totalled about 15. Jungle Bats may have come close to that. Nothing else came near those numbers.

I would have liked to place those all across the surface of my small world but 15 didn't come close. Nor where there enough jungle banners to make more than 1 Plantera arena. Nor did I ever get all the banners for the Moon event mobs.

At 100% extra damage given and -50% damage taken I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would trash them. They're absolutely invaluable for making everyday life and especially the wave events less and less grindy.

But sure, if you just don't need anymore Scarecrow banners then I'm all for the trash can idea but don't reduce the drop rate please.

Easy way to solve this...banners at 50 and 100 kills as currently implemented, but subsequent banners only appear at 200, 400, 800, 1600 etc. It allows for the easy collection of initial banners but doesn't clutter the inventory with dozens later on.

Apologies if someone said this already, no way I was reading 5 pages of such a silly and easily fixable "problem".

Easy way to solve this...banners at 50 and 100 kills as currently implemented, but subsequent banners only appear at 200, 400, 800, 1600 etc. It allows for the easy collection of initial banners but doesn't clutter the inventory with dozens later on.

Apologies if someone said this already, no way I was reading 5 pages of such a silly and easily fixable "problem".
Someone did mention that before, but it still had the problem of making it difficult to get a lot banners, or getting one if you've lost the banners you got before.

It's not the number, really. It's the variety of them. I'll be travelling through my mine, and I'll gather about 4 different varieties of banner. I then have to move my mouse over to each of them, trashing each of them because they don't stack with one another (different types don't stack). I'll get about 1 banner per type of enemy on a trip through my mine or two, but it'll be about 7 different types. It's annoying.

That auto-trash option sounds great though. I'd love that.

Back
Top Bottom