Portfolio/Multi-Topic Flails still need some love (modifiers/accessories)

I've been really enjoying the new functionality of thrown flails, especially the bit where they can spin around the player (useful for blocking some projectiles and when getting ganged up on). However, there are still some changes that I think need to be made for both thrown and launched flails to really shine and not require back-up weapons.

First, flails need to be changed so they can be affected by armor, accessories, and weapon/accessory modifiers that affect weapon speed and/or size:
  • Speed should affect flails by changing how quickly flails extend and return.
  • Size should affect flails by not only extending their reach but also increasing the size of the ball on the end (although increasing the ball size could cause issues in tight spaces).
Second, I'd really like to see a flail accessory similar to the yo-yo string that can increase the reach of all flails by something like 50%. Like the string, this could simply be crafted – perhaps with 30 chain at an anvil.

Lemme know what y'all think.

Last edited:
The only thing with size is that it may make the flail too big to fit in a hole that it previously could fit into, which could take away from the usability of the flail for some people, especially when caving. Speed modifiers could be nice to see, though.

The only thing with size is that it may make the flail too big to fit in a hole that it previously could fit into, which could take away from the usability of the flail for some people, especially when caving. Speed modifiers could be nice to see, though.
Oh, that's a good point.

Back
Top Bottom