Mobile Flaming Mace despawns brain of cthulhu (Motorola moto e5 play, Android 8.0.0)

dirtlord

Skeletron Prime
I was on an early game crimson world and decided it was time for the brain of cthulhu. I had noticed that the Flaming Mace I had been using recently basically creates a shield of damage and figured it would be good for the first phase. I crafted a bloody spine and spawned the brain. All seemed to be going well until I finished off the last creeper at that moment the brain teleported away and a few seconds later despawned. I tried again with the same result. I tried a third time with a different weapon and the fight went as it's supposed to.

I was on an early game crimson world and decided it was time for the brain of cthulhu. I had noticed that the Flaming Mace I had been using recently basically creates a shield of damage and figured it would be good for the first phase. I crafted a bloody spine and spawned the brain. All seemed to be going well until I finished off the last creeper at that moment the brain teleported away and a few seconds later despawned. I tried again with the same result. I tried a third time with a different weapon and the fight went as it's supposed to.
Hi @dirtlord, I just tried it and the Brain didn’t despawning for me. I summoned it using the Bloody Spine and used a Flaming Mace.

Do you have some screenshots of the area that you are fighting the brain, or better yet can you upload the world?

Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.
If you can upload a screenshot of your full map that would be great too.

Hi @dirtlord, I just tried it and the Brain didn’t despawning for me. I summoned it using the Bloody Spine and used a Flaming Mace.

Do you have some screenshots of the area that you are fighting the brain, or better yet can you upload the world?

Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.
If you can upload a screenshot of your full map that would be great too.
World file (closest crimson to the left set up a campfire and heart lantern around the bottom middle of the main chamber and have since moved them, I can't think of any other variables that have changed but I must also note that I teleported away to craft more vile powder before the attempt where I switched weapons and have not tried to recreate it since then so it's possible the the teleporting fixed something unrelated to the weapon which would mean that the using the same weapon for both was merely a coincidence I realized this only while writing this post)

Attachments

• worldname_001.wld
    11.6 MB · Views: 57
World file (closest crimson to the left set up a campfire and heart lantern around the bottom middle of the main chamber and have since moved them, I can't think of any other variables that have changed but I must also note that I teleported away to craft more vile powder before the attempt where I switched weapons and have not tried to recreate it since then so it's possible the the teleporting fixed something unrelated to the weapon which would mean that the using the same weapon for both was merely a coincidence I realized this only while writing this post)
For all that matters it could be that the date when you created that world influenced it, glitches work in weird ways.

Thanks for including the world @dirtlord. Is it despawning on you 100% of the time if you use the flaming mace? I can’t reproduce it on your world.

I only used the flaming mace, nothing else. After all the creepers were gone, the brain stayed with me. I even traveled many places and it followed me.

Click to enlarge and see all the places I went. Only the brain was present (all creepers gone) from just after 2:30am until 5:00am. So it hung around for a while.
AA4056C7-BF33-4A7A-8396-B04A004E8934.png F6837038-D2F1-497F-9AB3-2ADCDF5AA8AD.png 4E0D653C-B8D7-4AEE-A817-D32421BE293B.png AF9D2939-E202-4E78-B86A-5A0FBBE9F8C8.png 4A032EDD-6AD9-4D98-9248-F364214E134C.png CE4AE5AB-F9AF-41EC-A122-F1CD48A22BD3.jpeg

Thanks for including the world @dirtlord. Is it despawning on you 100% of the time if you use the flaming mace? I can’t reproduce it on your world.

I only used the flaming mace, nothing else. After all the creepers were gone, the brain stayed with me. I even traveled many places and it followed me.

Click to enlarge and see all the places I went. Only the brain was present (all creepers gone) from just after 2:30am until 5:00am. So it hung around for a while.
View attachment 297178 View attachment 297177 View attachment 297179 View attachment 297180 View attachment 297181 View attachment 297182
I haven't tried again with the Flaming mace but I did try with similar weapons I will try one more time and if it doesn't happen I will write it off as some random combination of unknowable factors.

Edit:

Re-created those first two battles as accurately as I could and it didn't despawn.
I guess I should have done more testing before assuming it was the weapon. It's a bad habit that has lead to me posting a question on stack overflow only to answer it myself an hour or two later on multiple occasions.

Last edited:
I haven't tried again with the Flaming mace but I did try with similar weapons I will try one more time and if it doesn't happen I will write it off as some random combination of unknowable factors.

Edit:

Re-created those first two battles as accurately as I could and it didn't despawn.
I guess I should have done more testing before assuming it was the weapon. It's a bad habit that has lead to me posting a question on stack overflow only to answer it myself an hour or two later on multiple occasions.
:) No problem. Since it can’t be replicated I’ll move this out of the bug section.

One thought I had - on the fight in which it did despawn, did you perhaps move to an area that was out of the crimson?

:) No problem. Since it can’t be replicated I’ll move this out of the bug section.

One thought I had - on the fight in which it did despawn, did you perhaps move to an area that was out of the crimson?
No I was actually grappled in place as that is how I generally fight most pre-hardmode bosses

Hi @dirtlord, reading this bug report on PC reminded me of your post. Does this sounds like what you are experiencing (with or without the box)? Since you are also using a flail, and you mentioned you just grapple to one spot (not moving like the PC post references). PC - Brain of Cthulhu ragequits if you hide in a box

Hi @dirtlord, reading this bug report on PC reminded me of your post. Does this sounds like what you are experiencing (with or without the box)? Since you are also using a flail, and you mentioned you just grapple to one spot (not moving like the PC post references). PC - Brain of Cthulhu ragequits if you hide in a box
It's possible that it's relevant.

I actually went back to this thread to report that it happened again yesterday on a completely different world with a completely different character and setup. I realized that it was happening when the music changed so I quickly opened the map and saw that it had teleported far away (specifically to the surface at the far edge of the crimson biome I was in) then it despawned

Back
Top Bottom