Resolved Flaming Mace now unable to be crafted? Also, joining multiplayer from menu still broken.

ZaCloud

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
(Controller type: XBox 360 wireless, official)

After upgrading to 1.4.0.4, even though the Guide still tells you how to upgrade a Mace to a Flaming Mace (Mace + torch, no bench needed), I'm unable to craft it. Even trying at various crafting stations. The option for it never comes up in my crafting menu when I have both a plain Mace and torches in my inventory. Was it removed, and they forgot to remove the crafting tip? Or was that an accidental removal? NEVER MIND, I'M A DERP AND DIDN'T NOTICE I WAS SHORT ON TORCHES. Wish I could edit the subject line too, oh well...

This problem still applies:
Also, a long-standing problem that still remains: On the main menu, going to Multiplayer and clicking on "Join via Steam" (both with my controller and with a mouse) does nothing but make the selection sound effect. To play with my brother, I have to Alt+Tab, select Steam, open my friend list, click by his name, select Join under his Terraria marker, then go back into the game to select my character. Super inconvenient, especially when I'm all settled in with my controller, then need the mouse for all that mess. :/

Last edited:
Do you have 10 torches? The flaming mace, unless my memory is incorrect, takes 10 to craft. Not one.

Wasn't it actually 99 torches? Yeah, just buy an entire stack of torches and then you should be able to craft it.

Wasn't it actually 99 torches? Yeah, just buy an entire stack of torches and then you should be able to craft it.

According to the wiki, you're right; I'm apparently thinking of something *completely* different!
However, I do figure that's what the issue is either way: not enough torches. :)

Ahh whoops, neglected the number somehow. I'm a derp. :confused: Disregard that part of the topic. (The Join Via Steam menu thing doing nothing still stands though.)

Back
Top Bottom