tAPI Flankers Dungeon Generator

Flanker

Terrarian
Version 1.4.3 - DOWNLOAD
Needs tAPI r14a.

Description
World generator mod. It creates custom mini dungeons around the whole map with different monsters and tiles. I started making it before 1.2 terraria update with intention to reduce monotony of rock caverns. It does not modify vanilla dungeon.

New 1.4 version features
  • New items.
Possible upcoming features
  • More custom monsters and items.
  • Underwater dungeons that can be found in one of ocean biomes.
  • Upgraded underworld buildings.
Problems
Occasionally crashes on multiplayer (maybe).
This mod will not work with WorldGen Plus.

Screenshots
Z2LQ6QQ.png

InhqR6P.png

w68WiHJ.png

Nice, but not full dungeon map:

VGXUrGB.png

Ugly, but full dungeon map:

ShYN16F.png

Monsters
VnOCvHP.png
Blind Demon Eye
EMJDAyy.png
Crawler
wMD2eH8.png
Heat
fnb2mw0.png
Ghost Eye

Some items
2rsGTlF.png
Smart Light Orb
dDm5GvO.png
Runners Emblem
V6W0wrf.png
Old Lantern
ExtuLIv.png
Fire Rod
6zfiNq2.png
Tower Shield

Change Log
V1.4.3
  • Fixed some dungeon mobs still spawing when leaving dungeon.
V1.4.1
  • Updated for tAPI r14a.
V1.4
  • New items.
V1.3.1
  • Fixed tile and wall items not placing correct tiles.
  • Fixed up dungeon placement.
V1.3
  • New dungeon tiles.
  • Different layout styles of dungeons.
  • Traps can sometimes be found in dungeons.
V1.2
  • All rooms are not destroyed.
  • Water candles can be found in mod dungeons.
  • Rooms are placed closer to each other and their size increased.
  • Fixed that some chest and platforms are sloped.
V1.1.1
  • Updated for tAPI r9.
V1.1
  • Added new monsters.
  • Generated dungeon ruins won't be as empty with various debris placed in them.

Last edited:
I get this error, when i try to launch it
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
at TAPI.Mod.LoadModInfoAndIcon()
at TAPI.Mods.RefreshModList(System.Boolean dependencies = False)
at Terraria.Main.<UpdateReal>b__8()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state)
woah

If you have more mods installed could you give me the list?
[DOUBLEPOST=1419779625][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently I uploaded the wrong file I am gonna fix it soon

I tried to use with other mods, and without them, but here is the list if you need:
Base Mod
berberboscing
BLITZ
ChainDrill Mod
Elemental Boots
Grealm
Makeshift Wings
More Healing Items
More uses for spider fangs
NewBladedGlove
Portable Craft Guide
Super Digger
Super Healing Potion
T72T
Thorium+
Tremor
Weapons Revolution

Fixed, it works now.
I accidentally uploaded file from wrong folder and it was the older version that doesn't work with new tAPI

Last edited:
You might wanna look into it some more. The earlier file you had, for me it was hard crashing tAPI immediately on startup, before I had even enabled the DungeonGen mod. I had to remove it from the folder to even start the game.

The one you just posted, it threw up all these errors when I started the game. Terraria kept working. These messages just kept popping up. This was before the mod was enabled, while it was enabled, and after I disabled it again.

>>> 11:10:56 <<<
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator.MoveNext()
at TAPI.Mods.LoadedModBases()
at Terraria.Main.get_versionNumber()
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

>>> 11:11:19 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Tremor Mod.tapi: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

>>> 11:11:34 <<<
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

>>> 11:11:41 <<<

Got this mod running, and i can say that its amazing but has some small issues. The items that you can find in the dungeon are actually pretty unique, and the dungeons them self can offer a challenge for a new player. The issues are mosty about items:
The mana and life crystals in a container are pretty useless to make, because it takes 2 life/mana crystals but only gives 20 max health when used, basically loosing a life/mana crystal.
The Spectre Orb and The Smart Light Orb are basically the same, but the spectre orb doesnt collide with the blocks( Which makes itmore usefull). Maybe the Smart Light Orb should be made into a Light Orb that will follow you arround(How it was in older versions of Terraria), so the Spectre Orb will be more unique.
The Fire Rod is OP, but i think on a early game character its less powerfull because of the debuff. Maybe atleast make so it doesnt destroy the dungeon walls, added with the mod.
Everything else is balanced and fun to use. I hope that you will add more items and mobs in future, especially some hardmode stuff. Good luck !

You might wanna look into it some more. The earlier file you had, for me it was hard crashing tAPI immediately on startup, before I had even enabled the DungeonGen mod. I had to remove it from the folder to even start the game.

The one you just posted, it threw up all these errors when I started the game. Terraria kept working. These messages just kept popping up. This was before the mod was enabled, while it was enabled, and after I disabled it again.

>>> 11:10:56 <<<
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator.MoveNext()
at TAPI.Mods.LoadedModBases()
at Terraria.Main.get_versionNumber()
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

>>> 11:11:19 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Tremor Mod.tapi: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

>>> 11:11:34 <<<

>>> 11:11:41 <<<

Does this happen every time when you try to launch Terraria after you put my mod? Also if this happened when my mod was disabled than it might be not my mod throwing errors. I see Tremor Mod being mentioned here.

Does someone else also getting same errors?

Well, the thing is, your mod is the only new mod I tried out today. All of the other mods worked fine while I was playing last night. The immediate crashes stopped as soon as I took your mod out of the Local folder. Then the reload and stuff went just fine.

I put the new version you posted, and that is when the errors started again.

Well, the thing is, your mod is the only new mod I tried out today. All of the other mods worked fine while I was playing last night. The immediate crashes stopped as soon as I took your mod out of the Local folder. Then the reload and stuff went just fine.

I put the new version you posted, and that is when the errors started again.

Could you give me your mod list, maybe my mod does not work with some other mod

BaseMod
GRealm
_ShockahBase r3
Accessory Slots+
BetterHealing
EnhancedTooltip
Insight
Item Suffixes
Inventory Tweaks
berberborscing
Elemental Boots
Main Slot Zero
Portable Craft Guide
Swimming
T727Mod
Terrarian DreamKeepers
Thorium Mod+
WorldGen Plus
Tremor Mod

Awesome! Finally you released Dungeon Gen for r14a!
Would you like to merge your mod with mine? If so, our mod will become so great! (I would add a lot of new items and mobs there :3)

Awesome! Finally you released Dungeon Gen for r14a!
Would you like to merge your mod with mine? If so, our mod will become so great! (I would add a lot of new items and mobs there :3)

That might be interesting. I was trying to make more textures for monsters and items but I am not particularly good at that. And those dungeons definitely need that. So I'd like to merge.

That might be interesting. I was trying to make more textures for monsters and items but I am not particularly good at that. And those dungeons definitely need that. So I'd like to merge.
So... I tried to add your mod to mine and... Got a lot of errors... Could you please edit all .cs files for Tremor internal name instead of DungeonGen?

A thought for the fire rod, why does it break blocks? That makes it a bit of a griefer tool, it shouldnt break blocks, its shots should be like a grenade, makes an explosion that damages enemies but not tiles. Also instead of the mana draining debuff, it should just use mana like any other mana using item.

I will try to edit mod to make it comfortable for you to add stuff on weekend.

A thought for the fire rod, why does it break blocks? That makes it a bit of a griefer tool, it shouldnt break blocks, its shots should be like a grenade, makes an explosion that damages enemies but not tiles. Also instead of the mana draining debuff, it should just use mana like any other mana using item.

It breaks blocks because I thought it would be a fun weapon for that. There is an accessory in hard mode that makes you immune to mana draining buff and then it just uses mana like normal magic weapons. I did that because it is a bit OP before hardmode. If it is a griefer tool I could make something like it blows tiles off every few shots.

I will try to edit mod to make it comfortable for you to add stuff on weekend.
Okay! Happy new year!
I have added new mobs: Cave Beetle (Turtle like mob) and Undead Warrior. Also I have added Steel Waraxe as a chest loot.

Last edited:
I get this kind of bug from time to time on my multiplayer server: (all players get it)

at DungeonGen.MPlayer.ruinTileIsFound()
at DungeonGen.MPlayer.PostUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.PostUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)

Mod List:
- ShockahBase
- Shockah InventoryTweaks
- Shockah Tooltips
- ThoriumMod
- Grox BaseMod
- Grox GRealm

- DungeonGen

Thanks for the help!

~Shiny

Just curious, since I know it's a problem with World Gen Plus, but do mod added ores still spawn with this?

Back
Top Bottom