Weapons & Equip Flarefrost Greaves Idea

How do you feel about this suggestion? Love it? Hate it? Somewhere in between?

• Love it!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it!

• I would implement the item in a different way

• Total voters

CinnamonSwirl

Terrarian
Unoriginal idea, I know, but I think I could add a little spice to the thing to maybe make it more suitable for the game. Please, I don't mean to start any quarrels in the comments, so just share your thoughts respectfully. <3

I think it would be easiest to picture in the form of some sort of crafting tree, so let's do this! (The text in blue is where my idea comes into the crafting)

Hermes/Flurry/Sailfish Boots + Rocket Boots = Spectre Boots

Spectre Boots + Aglet + Anklet of the Wind = Lightning Boots

Lightning Boots + Ice Skates = Frostspark Boots

---
Igneous Stone (Hardmode accessory found in the Underworld)

Igneous Stone + Flippers = Igneous Flippers

---

Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull = Obsidian Water Walking Boots

Obsidian Water Walking Boots + Lava Charm = Lava Waders

Lava Waders + Igneous Flippers = Magma Marchers

Magma Marchers + Frostspark Boots = Flarefrost Greaves

---

Now for the list of the item's abilities!:

Flarefrost Greaves:
Grants full immunity to lava and fire blocks
The wearer can run very fast
The wearer can can run on and swim in liquids
Allows limited flight
Increased mobility on ice

Just a real quick thread to share an idea of mine that I've had for awhile; I hope you enjoyed it!
That's about it! Thank you! :dryadgrin:

Last edited:
What exactly does the igneous stone do (unless it's just another name for magma stone that loses it's effect for some reason)? Why would I ever craft this when so many annoying to obtain and rare ingredients are involved (particularly the flippers, water walking boots, and lava charm)?

What exactly does the igneous stone do (unless it's just another name for magma stone that loses it's effect for some reason)? Why would I ever craft this when so many annoying to obtain and rare ingredients are involved (particularly the flippers, water walking boots, and lava charm)?

I'm so sorry for not clarifying!
It is an item rarely dropped in the Hardmode Underworld (which I'm also currently making a thread on, titled 'Down Unda!') and it grants full immunity to lava.Combining it with flippers allows you to also swim in lava (as well as any other liquid) still with that everlasting invincibility to lava.

I really do hope that sorted out some of the confusion for you, if you've got any other questions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!:dryadtongue:

I'm so sorry for not clarifying!
It is an item rarely dropped in the Hardmode Underworld (which I'm also currently making a thread on, titled 'Down Unda!') and it grants full immunity to lava.Combining it with flippers allows you to also swim in lava (as well as any other liquid) still with that everlasting invincibility to lava.

I really do hope that sorted out some of the confusion for you, if you've got any other questions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!:dryadtongue:
Ok... I still really don't understand why I'd ever want this item. There isn't any reason to go where lava even spawns after wall of flesh, and burning blocks are also really rare. I also don't like how irritating to obtain this sounds...

Ok... I still really don't understand why I'd ever want this item. There isn't any reason to go where lava even spawns after wall of flesh, and burning blocks are also really rare. I also don't like how irritating to obtain this sounds...

If this item were to be added by itself, then I'd definitely have to agree with you, but I was thinking that the Underworld as a whole should be flowing with new content, ores, enemies, items, accessories, and probably new bosses too.

So yes, at the moment, by itself, this item is kinda useless. But on my thread 'Down Unda!' I'm adding tons of dangers and rewards to make this item right at home on your Accessories bar.

I'm sorry if this didn't clarify much, as I'm juggling 3 threads at once, so I'm getting all turned around, but I hope this answered your question!

(P.S. - I was also thinking of some sort of Ocean Crate idea in which players with poorly generated worlds can still get a chance to get Flippers and Water Walking Boots)

(P.S. - I was also thinking of some sort of Ocean Crate idea in which players with poorly generated worlds can still get a chance to get Flippers and Water Walking Boots)
Actually, Water Chests spawn anywhere there is water, there is just so much water in the ocean that they like to pick that place. I would just add it to normal crates.

Back
Top Bottom