**REPORTED** Flasks visuals not working for whips(1.4.4.5)

Lelant

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I noticed that the flasks are not working for whips, despite the description saying they do. Still works for melee. Checked both multiplayer and singleplayer. Also made sure its not an effect of special seeds.

They work fine on my end.
Tested it on Leather Whip , Kaleidoscope , Dark Harvest
Used Flask of Cursed flames , Flask of Ichor , Flask of Party

In all of these tests flask effects were correctly applied from a whip.

What Whips and which flasks did you try?

Ok. I re-installed the game and now it does seem to work. Not entirely sure what coused the issue. Although i still dont see the glow effect on the whips from the flask effect on the whips. But at least i wont have to worry about the damage effect not working.

Ok. I re-installed the game and now it does seem to work. Not entirely sure what coused the issue. Although i still dont see the glow effect on the whips from the flask effect on the whips. But at least i wont have to worry about the damage effect not working.
I did see the slight very subtle glow from Ichor flask at least when using a whip but yea important that they work :p

I see no effect. But it does apply the burn to enemies now. I do remember it having a fiery glow in the past though. It wasnt changed right?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-21 210915.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-21 210915.png
    383.2 KB · Views: 31
I see no effect. But it does apply the burn to enemies now. I do remember it having a fiery glow in the past though. It wasnt changed right?
Oh i misunderstood i thought you meant on enemy hit.
Yea weird there is no visual effect on the whip itself.

I don't remember if it had it before or not but sounds like it needs a bug report on its own.

EDIT:
Made a bug report about it

Last edited:
Unlike melee weapons the visual effects of flasks don't render on whips.
One user pointed out that it used to work before (they did render) i don't remember 100% if they did or not.

However this does sound like an oversight that they don't render on them.
Tested on default "Color" lighting.

Attachments

• 20221021202545_2.jpg
    20221021202545_2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20221021202552_2.jpg
    20221021202552_2.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Merged these together, they were effectively the same report so didn't warrant being split (and were even consecutive in report order).

Will review the issue shortly.

Merged these together, they were effectively the same report so didn't warrant being split (and were even consecutive in report order).

Will review the issue shortly.
Hopefuly it will be fixed :p
It is not a major issue but it would be nice if whips also had the Flask razzle dazzle visual effects working.

Yeah we took a look, and Yorai did some experimenting which came out looking alright, so it will probably be changed in the next hotfix.

Back
Top Bottom