Items Flight Potion and more!

What do you think of my suggestion?

• Pretty good, but it still need some changes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're a little 'oh!', but also a little 'meh'

• Sorry, not interested.

• Total voters

PastaLaVista

Queen Bee
So upon exploring the jungle with my most recent mage character in hope of killing the Golem a couple of times more, I was awarded with an Eye of the Golem. Realizing that the extra crit chance would assist me quite a bit, I decided that it would make an excellent swap-in for my Lightning Boots during boss battles. The only negative part about this would be the loss of extra flight time. And from there on, the ideas for some new potions started to emerge…

Please note that these potions uses boss souls in their recipes, and this is for 2 reasons:
1. To be past-mechbosses.
2. To give them some more uses, as they are a main component of the Hardmode worlds.
Flight Potion
Allows doubled flying distance
5 minute duration

Crafted with:
1 Bottled Water
1 Feather
1 Soul of Sight
1 Soul of Flight

Pretty self-explanatory. A potion that doubles your flight distance. For example, let’s say you are wearing Angel Wings + Spectre Boots. That gives you a flight distance of 152 feet (or about 43 meters). With this potion your flying distance would increase to double that amount (=304 feet).

Wellness Potion (name is subject-to-change)
Potion Sickness duration shortened by 10 seconds
6 minute duration

Crafted With:
1 Bottled Water
1 Mushroom
1 Glowing Mushroom
1 Soul of Fright

Even more self-explanatory than the previous potion. It decreases the waiting period to use a potion from 60 to 50 seconds. I thought this could be useful since not all players want to use the Philosopher’s Stone or the Charm of Myths. However, for those that do use it, the effect will stack with said accessories, giving you a waiting period of only 35 seconds (note: just as the Philosopher' s Stone and the Charm of Myths effects do not stack, this potion will not make them magically stack. You still can only use one at a time). Some may say this is unbalanced, but remember: you are giving up on things such as more damage, defense or mobility to gain this effect.

Team Support Potion
Gives a ‘Well Fed’-like buff to teammates within a certain radius
10 minute duration

Crafted With:
1 Bottled Water
1 Pumpkin Pie
1 Soul of Might

I’m not much for detailed effects, am I? Upon drinking this potion, everyone within a 50 blocks radius gets the “Team Support” buff that gives the same effect as the Well Fed buff. It stacks with the Well Fed buff, but it doesn’t give the consumer the buff at all. Therefore it practically requires that at least 2 people in a group drinks one for maximum efficiency. Oh, and multiple people using the potion won’t stack the effect; it’s no different from placing multiple Camp Fires within their own reach. In other words: multiple people using it won’t make you stronger than when one person uses one, but it will make it easier to stay within the range of the effect. Not sure if you even wondered, but there will not be a visual effect that shows you the AoE.

The main reason of this potion's existence is to encourage teamwork and to stick together.

Feel free to leave your feedback regarding these potions. If there's something you feel like it requires some changes, then please feel free to tell me that so I can improve this post to be as good as it can get.

I think a potion that just allowed flight would be very interesting, but it might be difficult to implement. Other than that, I like all these. I might be able to provide sprites, too.

Back
Top Bottom