Blocks & Decoration Floating chests/changing blocks under furniture

Ezel

Empress of Light
After playing some SP and building several storages and NPC houses, I've ran into a minor, yet inconvienent problem: when a chest stores items, you can't destroys the blocks which they're standing on. I tend to make serious bases in Hardmode, because then I've fast enough tools to gather resources (early-game picks are pretty slow and bombs aren't always the best idea to get blocks.

What if chests could float? I know it doesn't look natural and people might think "it's like in Minecraft", but it would help IMO. If you have like 10 full chests and you need to move your stuff, it takes some time to do that. Allowing the chests to float would make stuff much faster and easier.

What do you think about this idea?

EDIT: If not, we could use some sort of tool that you could get/craft. It would allow you to change a block to something else you have in your inventory. It won't be very useful for building, but it might help with changing tiles that are above/underneath the furniture.

Last edited:
Since the reason of this suggestion is changing the blocks chests standing on, lets suggest a new tool that capable of interchange blocks(tiles). That way we will be able to change blocks(tiles) that have objects/furniture above them without disturbing the objects/furniture.

Since the reason of this suggestion is changing the blocks chests standing on, lets suggest a new tool that capable of interchange blocks(tiles). That way we will be able to change blocks(tiles) that have objects/furniture above them without disturbing the objects/furniture.

Good point. Will add to the first post. :p

Back
Top Bottom