Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
So I was up late last, sleepless as usual. I was thinking about how @Eiv builds their nice pretty roofs, and it got me thinking about @Curt0815 isometric builds. Both make clever use of sloping to achieve specific effects and, as usual, my brain decides to mash things together and see what come out.

If it's any good, I post it:

View attachment 76632

It isn't perfect, but the hope is, someone here knows how to fix it and make it better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*scribbles some notes for later*
I am always surprised by your talent and improvements, it really is incredible how you can amplify building in a game as much as you do.

HUGE IMAGE

I'm having a problem.

So as some of you may be aware of, very very minor aspects of Terraria's "Screen Capture Mode" are broken. The broken parts are VERY subtle, but I certainly notice, and it's driving me OCD nuts.

I was going to do things the old way using a TShock server to turn off mob spawns so I don't have wyverns bothering me as I try to screen cap manually with a 3rd part program and then proceed to stitch the whole thing together.

But even when I put the spawn RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the completed continent, Tshock drops me into a world hole. I suspect it is due to my over-generous use of paint.
If that is so, there is NO WAY for me to screen-cap the build natively as the daylight changes of the Day-Night cycle will alter the appearance of screen-captures.

As a result, the only thing I have to show for the last month-or-so of work is this:

capture_2015_09_07_19_15_57_by_lil_puppy23-d98t4f4.png

Background missing because removing the background is the most time-consuming process of my work.

I recommend switching to the snow theme if necessary.

There were going to be item frames everywhere, but when I have to attempt to place an item into the frame 30-40 times before it stays in, then there is something wrong with item frames. Suffice to say, I removed all of them.

It is such a shame that this project has to end on such a sour note. My hope is that one day the screen capture mode is fixed and I can retake this picture and enshrine it properly, as it so deserves.
Also I clearly remember there being vines everywhere, no idea what happened to them, either. I blame TShock.

Also I lost my inspiration to work on this, I'm not really sure why. I guess I just really don't like how the houses mesh with each other.
Structure of the continent is also kinda poopy.

Also ran out of room for the Guide, Merchant, and Steampunker. I'll build them a nice barge or something.

Point at a house, I'll tell you who lives in it. Too lazy to edit them in.

Now. THAT SAID.
I WILL PROVIDE A WORLD DOWNLOAD SOON SO YOU CAN JUST EXPLORE IT IN PERSON!!!

Hopefully 1.3.1 fixes the problems with screen capture mode. Also adds more wood types. Also preferably some nice rustic furniture.

Would those "subtle things" be some blocks appearing on the front layer instead of behind the foreground blocks like they should be?

YES. YES IT IS. OMFG IT IS SOOO ANNOYING. WKFBBDKASJKEHBFHD

*ahem*

Yes. Thank you.
Yeah, I noticed that with the picture in my sig. Someone needs to make a thread about it (if there isn't already) so the devs can hopefully find out about and fix it. And yeah, it's such a tiny thing but once you see it, you can never unsee it and it may very well drive you insane.

You realise that you can set it so it doesn't capture entries, in the settings button when you're in capture mode. But that's still only part of the problem.

You realise that you can set it so it doesn't capture entries, in the settings button when you're in capture mode. But that's still only part of the problem.
Yeah, the main problem is that anything on the furniture layer (including trees, tall grass and the likes) are all drawn on top of the foreground in captures. This is especially apparent with things that are embedded in the ground like trees and pressure plates.

I was very frustrated last night.

And of course, I build to vent.

This is the result of last night:

Penrose.png

The upper black step on the far left (The solid black one. All the other black steps are starry) was done last, and I literally muttered out loud:

"Now I have Done it."

Yep.

And there's more where this came from.

Take THAT terraria game engine.

oh noes
i think im busted
/s

i like this!

i wouldnt build like this if i didnt like this kind of images :)

sooo since i really really like your awesome Terraria Builds, may i ask if this is a study and you plan to do something in this style?
For me it would be very exciting.

oh noes
i think im busted
/s

i like this!

i wouldnt build like this if i didnt like this kind of images :)

sooo since i really really like your awesome Terraria Builds, may i ask if this is a study and you plan to do something in this style?
For me it would be very exciting.

It's kind of a combination of a study and a "normalization" or "integration" of one style into my own.

It sounds really creepy and Borg-ish but that's what I'm doing. :p

For example, this little thing:
Little Male.png

It's small enough I could fit it somewhere. Like if I built a mall or something, and need a center-piece.

Also because they're fun to make.

I named it "Little Male". (Yes, there's another one to go with it)...

I am going to 'ahem', borrow that design in a future build...
Link it to me when you do, please! :D
(credit is optional, though suggested)

in the meantime...

WIP2.png

It all starts with an engine.
From there, you got a platform.
Maybe the vaguest sense of a family.

The rest is a story...

So Continent IIIb is going to be "fully synthetic". No grass, dirt, stone, trees, or any of that other stuff that messed up Continent IIIa.
Instead of earth and rock, it is hammered planks and riveted steel!

This will either be spectacular or end more disastrously. I will find out which one! :p

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to hammer the stairs. Forgetful me. Will be fixed next update.

awesome use of the pirate ship wheel thingy (dunno what it's called)
if this keeps expanding more, i'd suggest adding more powerfull engines to the bottom :p

Back
Top Bottom