Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
@darthmorf
CC_Div1a.png

CC_Div2a.png

I think it looks nice the way it is. You can maybe add a small deep sea diving contraption on the bottom smooth section for your sanity's sake.

Excellent builds btw!

Tentative Quick Re-Build:

WIP 8.png

Ripped whole Chunks off the old one and re-arranged them like so.

I don't know if this will do absolutely anything to minimize rectangle-ish-ness, but all else fails, I go with the above suggestion. :p

Already have a little contraption in mind, actually.

Hi all, long time no post. Busy busy with work and all. Did everything here in tiny bits between classes!

WIP9.png

How does the little ship fly without propellers, you ask?

It uses a Balloon.

Where is the balloon, you ask?

In storage. Balloon is not deployed when work boat is docked.

Might actually redo the work boat dock later.

I lied.

It doesn't use a balloon.

It uses Propellers.

Where are the propellers hidden, you ask? Inside the steampunk boiler.
Don't ask me how that works, it just does.

Hammerspace.

*cough*

Whirligig.png

It's a little whirligig!

Also this month's CC entry because the Main Boat STILL isn't done. :p

HUGE IMAGE

cloud_ship_by_lil_puppy23-d9c7ngv.png

A Sanctuary Above the Clouds. Free From the Strife and Corruption of the lands Below...
This was by and large a proof of concept is seeing if it was possible to make something akin to a Floating Continent out of what might otherwise be interpreted as "Synthetic" elements, e.g. No Dirt, No Grass, No Rocks, No Trees, None of the stuff that "ruined" Continent IIIa. Behold the sort-of-future of Floating Continent building.​

Now I sit around and wait for 1.3.1 to come around and hope it adds new building and decoration opportunities.

Speaking of Continent IIIa, YOU CAN NOW VISIT IT AND WALK AROUND IT!!!
Where, you ask? On the FIREBLOSSOM SERVER! See signature for details!

EDIT: Background courtesy of Wikipedia (image is heavily edited).

Last edited:
HUGE IMAGE

cloud_ship_by_lil_puppy23-d9c0m36.png

A Sanctuary Above the Clouds. Free From the Strife and Corruption of the lands Below...
This was by and large a proof of concept is seeing if it was possible to make something akin to a Floating Continent out of what might otherwise be interpreted as "Synthetic" elements, e.g. No Dirt, No Grass, No Rocks, No Trees, None of the stuff that "ruined" Continent IIIa. Behold the sort-of-future of Floating Continent building.​

Now I sit around and wait for 1.3.1 to come around and hope it adds new building and decoration opportunities.

You have outdown yourself this time Florence.

This is so magnificent.

And I see you've been putting the beta version of tEdit to use. ;)

HUGE IMAGE

cloud_ship_by_lil_puppy23-d9c0m36.png

Damn, that's so awesome. That background just makes it.

I have to say I've seen better builds. While it is certainly an ambitious project, and very detailed, much of the detail is a sort of white noise, like an impressionist work done with Terraria blocks. It seems you spared effort on the interior of the ship to focus on the (very cool) exterior mechanical details. The former have come out looking somewhat like standard Terraria cabins, appearing disused, derelict, and drab. There are random bits of functional appearance, a wash line here, a restaurant here, but other places you see rooms with random furniture shoved in, shiny objects strewn on shelves and across the floor. And throughout, random cobwebs, some at head height, and of course, the assorted mishmash of walls all throughout, as if the ship was mashed together using whatever was lying around.
Again, the hull, rotors, and various mechanical bits are very well executed and beautiful, but in the center they sort of fade into a kind of indistinct fuzz.

Back
Top Bottom