Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
Jesus. 35.7 MB. Could you please post a picture of the ship without the fancy background? The background is the single reason why the image is so damn big.

I have to say I've seen better builds. While it is certainly an ambitious project, and very detailed, much of the detail is a sort of white noise, like an impressionist work done with Terraria blocks. It seems you spared effort on the interior of the ship to focus on the (very cool) exterior mechanical details. The former have come out looking somewhat like standard Terraria cabins, appearing disused, derelict, and drab. There are random bits of functional appearance, a wash line here, a restaurant here, but other places you see rooms with random furniture shoved in, shiny objects strewn on shelves and across the floor. And throughout, random cobwebs, some at head height, and of course, the assorted mishmash of walls all throughout, as if the ship was mashed together using whatever was lying around.
Again, the hull, rotors, and various mechanical bits are very well executed and beautiful, but in the center they sort of fade into a kind of indistinct fuzz.

Ah! Constructive Criticism!

*ahem*
I will admit that "noise" is an assembly style that I use a lot. A LOT. I have actually gotten a little bit tired of it myself.
The mechanical elements are very much a "step away" from some of my usual builds as far. I fully intend to be exploring those a lot more. Expect factories and the occasional mech!

That said, for this build specifically, the "mishmash" appearance is something that is both common in much of what I build, and fully intentional. The mini-backstory for this build is derived from its caption:
"A Sanctuary Above the Clouds. Free From the Strife and Corruption of the lands Below..."
I imagine the boat was in fact thrown and mashed together, or otherwise assembled from spare bits and anything else they had lying around, as its inhabitants fled the surface. It is very much comparable to Continent II, which had a similar backstory.

But anyways.
Your Feedback is appreciated!
Suggestions are welcome!

Also: I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with paint. :p
Jesus. 35.7 MB. Could you please post a picture of the ship without the fancy background? The background is the single reason why the image is so damn big.

35MB is big?

I'll fix it later, but I don't see the problem.

Yes, it is a problem. If you want lossless compression, try jpeg 2000.

Photoshop: File > save as > jpeg 2000 > tick the box that says "lossless"
Your file has now been reduced to 5.89 MB (1/6th of the original file size). If you upload the image to imgur, some magic happens and the image becomes a 3.71 MB PNG. Smaller files load way faster on web browsers, consume less bandwidth and also load faster on image viewers.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a problem. If you want lossless compression, try jpeg 2000.

Photoshop: File > save as > jpeg 2000 > tick the box that says "lossless"
Your file has now been reduced to 5.89 MB (1/6th of the original file size). If you upload the image to imgur, some magic happens and the image becomes a 3.71 MB PNG. Smaller files load way faster on web browsers, consume less bandwidth and also load faster on image viewers.
The image has been updated to a 4.14 MB PNG. Please remove my content from imgur.

A quick little thing for a Reddit Building Competition:

SEALAB.png

Observatory.png

So Leinfors says that Lava Moss Plants (the sword breakable stuff) can't grow naturally on the surface so I have to get rid of them. And so I did.

And then I remembered that the Dungeon and Underworld have these very appropriate banners AND that there exists a couple very nice looking pieces of furniture also relevant.

Moon is Higher because screenshot merging rules Lein informed on me about.

What d'y'all think?

Love the smoke coming out of the ground.

One thing I don't understand though: why is there no background (the mountains and other things like that)?

Back
Top Bottom