Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
I mean, the build is done, i just have to screenshot it and I'm not at my computer. :dryadtongue:
Ah, good! *watches this space*

EDIT: Your Avatar is a GIF. :eek:
*+1 perception*
Here's the non-xmas one:
tvssb.gif
:p

ScreenShot003.png

The Checkerboard House
The challenge on this one was a little bit more complex. No two blocks of the same kind can touch each other, which meant that there could not be any contiguous area of two blocks or more. Blocks HAD to alternate in, as the name implies, a checkerboard pattern. It also had to be a valid NPC house.
I took a couple liberties with this, I will admit. Firstly is that stairs consist of platforms placed touching corners, and thus are valid by a technicality. Also, environmental blocks not part of the build were considered exempt. I am not building a checkerboard landscape. Furniture was also partially exempted since furniture cannot be cut apart into a checkerboard fashion. Furniture, however, can NOT touch blocks of which it is a component of, or furniture of the same set. The rule was also applied to back-walls even though the rule only mentioned blocks. Paint was exempted from the rule due to not being made from blocks.

Welp. That about covers it! No NPC inside due to them covering up stuff.​

Additionally, me and Madima have reached a "ceasefire" of sorts, so she should talk less now.

*grumble grumble*

Yeah... anyhow, finals are starting to kick into high gear, so Builds are being paused and Madima couldn't think of any new challenges. I AM however, still open to requests! So if anyone has any bright ideas, send them my way! I have Sewers, A Magical Snowy Tree House, and some other thing I can't remember right now already on my plate right now, so keep is quick and simple!

I still think you're being totally unfair, by the way.

Hush, Madima. Your time shall come again...

ScreenShot001.png

So apparently this doesn't exist anywhere easy to find:

stairplatref_by_lil_puppy23-d89wrxu.png

Obviously this is not an exhaustive reference. I just covered the basic requirements to get a sense for how the stairs look.
From Left to Right.
Top Row: Wood, Ebonwood, Rich Mahogany, Pearlwood, Bone, Shadewood
Top-Middle Row: Blue Brick, Pink Brick, Green Brick, Metal Shelf, Brass Shelf, Wood Shelf, Dungeon Shelf
Bottom-Middle Row: Obsidian, Glass, Pumpkin, Spooky Wood, Palm Wood, Glowing Mushroom, Boreal Wood
Bottom Row: Slime, Steampunk, Skyware, Living Wood, Honey, Cactus

Each comes with their corresponding theme blocks, with the exception of the "shelf" types.

#keywords: stairs platform platforms stair reference stair reference platform reference refrence stair refrence platform refrence stairs and their corresponding blocks platforms all platform and stair reference refrence

Wow, super helpful! Though I can't help but chuckle a bit at how glass stairs don't play nice with their own blocks, haha. Though I imagine that's more the block's fault than the stairs'.

Wow, super helpful! Though I can't help but chuckle a bit at how glass stairs don't play nice with their own blocks, haha. Though I imagine that's more the block's fault than the stairs'.
Fun fact: Cactus stairs' steps are a full pixel longer than all other stairs in the game. Every other stair's steps in the game is the same length, only appaering different due to the frame being thicker on some, and the height of the actual step being bigger or smaller.
ScreenShot001.png

Compare the area the red arrow points at with the same area on all the other ones.

Also, it is in fact the block's fault. The extra length of the stairs is drawn behind blocks. Glass just happens to be transparent.

You should post a thread with all the reference stuff, then link it to here too.
Also, I can't wait for the next challenge.

You should post a thread with all the reference stuff, then link it to here too.
Also, I can't wait for the next challenge.
I tried to include a list of keywords someone might use the search bar to look for these kinds of things with. It *should* be effective, we'll see.

Current self-imposed challenge is to make a pretty house using as many different blocks, walls, furniture sets, etc. as possible and keep within 4 screenshots.
Madima was sleepy and didn't make me one. Currently working on finals so screenshots will be spotty.

FINALLY: A SUPPORT BANNER

sig txt.png

Feedback Welcome! Enjoy my atrocious custom Pixel Font!

This is also a sneak peak of the new build project. :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
Hey everyone...

I uh, ... need help.

No I am not abandoning another project. I have a DIFFERENT problem.

I never thought I'd say this, but uhh...

gosh this is embarrassing, but uh...

I'm out of blocks.

I haven't even gotten to furniture, I'm already out of blocks.
Nothing is working.

ScreenShot001.png

Question Mark rooms need unique walls/floors. Stucco/sky needs to be swapped for something I haven't used yet.
Wood floor needs to be swapped for something that matches the wall. Preferably should match the grey brick foot-board. Foot-board can be swapped out, too should be avoided if possible. For the question mark in at the top, the chosen wall MUST pair with the two regions of wall around it, the Rich Mahogany and the Shadewood painted brown.
Anything can be painted any color, I just need suggestions, since I've used practically every other block and wall everywhere else somewhere.
I AM OUT OF UNIQUE BLOCKS TO USE.
No, I am NOT using bubblegum block. I refuse to touch that stuff.
Snow bricks and ice bricks cause it to start snowing which is unacceptable. Glowing mushroom dims the sunlight which is also unacceptable. Slime block is not being used due to the little blue particles it makes. Asphalt and frozen slime also have not been used due to the floor effects they create. I have not used slime wall yet because I don't know what to do with it. Lava makes an annoying bubbly sound so I am not using it anywhere either.
A lot of the blocks in the game are ores. Never have I had such a feeling for how many ares there are in the game...
We also have far less walls than we do blocks. Also slightly a problem.

If you need to know what I have already used, just ask. I'm wrangling with TEdit's "analyze" function to get a more comprehensive list.

I also need suggestions for a kind of wall/floor to use in a Closet and a Theater as well.
For the theater I was considering using painted flesh wall as a sort of "crushed velvet" texture, but I don't know. Might just use rainbow wall or something.

I don't think there are "far less walls" than blocks when wallpapers exist, as 4tehLolz said. I always forget about wallpaper. Unless you've already used all the ones that look okay?

I don't think there are "far less walls" than blocks when wallpapers exist, as 4tehLolz said. I always forget about wallpaper. Unless you've already used all the ones that look okay?
I already used all the ones that look okay.

According to TEdit, there are 300+ blocks but only 100+ walls. :dryadsad:

Back
Top Bottom