What Do You Think?

• Total voters

Flor3nce2456

Queen Bee
Bottom

FLOR3NCE2456's BUILds THREAD.png

base board.png
Greeting everyone!
I'm Florence2456, and this is where I post the structures I build, as well as a few other things. When I first started out, I had been bumbling around doing entirely RANDOM things, such as a pair of short lived suggestion threads, as well as a rather short lived multi-player map series. Some of you may recognize these builds from the original Terraria Online forums where I initially posted everything, and where my original build thread was located.
Banner1.png

divider 1.png

So, to start off, I will re-post a selection of some of the best builds from the original thread:

mine_by_lil_puppy23-d7uvkkf.png

A Creepy Mine! Obvious TEdit use!

ship_by_lil_puppy23-d7unlzd.png

A Futuristic Space Ship! "Medium Heavy Multi-Purpose Cruiser Class Ship : KRS White Fox". One of my Best.

floating_village_by_lil_puppy23-d7uvjnm.png

A Floating Island with a bustling Village inside! Another one of my Best.

platf.png

A rather critically acclaimed build from the old thread.

divider 2.png

Anyhow, that's it for the old builds and introductions, and stuff! Now to post some ALL NEW builds exclusive to here!

Cafe.png

Drinks Cafe Place. Nothing too fancy.
This build is an adaption of a build I saw on the BUNNYVILLE server. I am not sure if the map the build was on is even available anymore, but, well, there you have it.
It's a cafe! It's a Wine Bar! It's some place where they serve drinks of varying kinds! Possibly also Artisan Sandwiches! :D
Fishing Shack.png

Beach-side Fishing Hut. Crudely built charm!
Inspired by a photo I saw of a ramshackle fishing hut built off-shore in the ocean. I thought I'd build something nice that was similar to it. Note: It is NOT a valid house due to that hole in the roof. Oh well, it was meant more for the player more than anything. ;)
Ice Rod Minigame.png

I Wanna Be the Ice Rod! The Movie! The Game!
This is an adaption of my "Ice Rod Force Field Generator Mini-Game". The goal is to use an Ice Rod to pop the bubbles from the machines below, and prevent them from touching the caution stripes above. The original version was very very crude. It was also next to impossible to get very far before losing. This new version has varying difficulties and levels, and is much more user friendly and works at night! Its still next to impossible to get very far before losing, but that's the charm of this game. :D
Tree.png

Knock on Wood! Okay, not really.
Inspired by a build I saw on @Luneria2 's build thread. I built my own adaption in a thicker tree than the original and added more variety in the decor. Original had palm tree saplings, but I felt the sand broke up the aesthetic of the living wood, so I got rid of it.
Vehicles.png

Obviously, I did not use these to build the spaceship OR the Island...
Or anything else on this thread for that matter.
This is the result of a request made by someone on the old forum, I don't remember who. Construction Vehicles! There's a truck, a mini-bulldozer, and an excavator. Just enough to make small, basic builds. Something I want to stick with, at least for the time being.

divider 3.png

Anyhow, that does it! Have a seat, grab a wine glass, and enjoy coffee and a sandwich! Support banners are posted below for your usage! Remember to link to this page so people can click on them and come here!
Banner1.png

Banner2.png

I need to make better banners.
NEW BANNER:

sig txt.png

Quick Disclaimer: I do not pretend any of my builds are "Legit" in any way. Everything is TEdit, Mod, and Inventory Editor Assisted.
All worlds are loadable in un-modded clients, however. All of the mods are largely for stopping monster spawns.
NOTE: Additional builds will be placed in comments. Read the whole thread to get to them. I will also add quick navigation links to them below:

top.png

A) FLOATING CONTINENT II: BEGIN
FIN: END

B) FLOATING CONTINENT IIIa: BEGIN

C) FLOATING CONTINENT IIIb: BEGIN

bottom.png

If anyone has any questions or even requests, by all means, feel free to post them! I'm a very friendly and approachable person. Unless you steal my builds. Then I'll rip your throat out. :D

Last edited:
nice looking exclusives, the cafe has a very interesting chimney, clever use of blocks there.

also, the tree's roots look kinda weak, it doesn't look like it should be capable of sustaining the whole tree's weight... other than that i really like it, specially the use of vines and "apples"

Now I know what some of you might be thinking: Puppy! WHY are you awake at 12:54AM!!??

POSTING BUILDS, THAT'S WHAT:

Tropical Paradise.png

A Tropical Paradise! How Lovely!
So, as it turns out, you CAN'T PLACE KEGS ON TABLES. I could have SWORN you used to be able to, but now not, apparently. And I think it is a bug. And it needs squishing. NOW. Also, I tried really really hard to make a beach cabana WITHOUT using palm wood, since that seems to be the go-to material for almost all beach builds I've seen so far, and it's getting old quick. I'm not 100% happy with the umbrella, but I couldn't find any better blocks for it...​

*ahem* Anyhoo. This was a suggestion made by @TurtleYo . Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome. Until I tell you to pause. In which case they stop becoming welcome. Y'know. Cause' I gots too many. ;)

Lovely indeed. I wouldn't mind living there. Well, if there's an internet connection.
Question though, what's all that Kelpie doing in your oceans and how can I replicate it? :)
I *think* there is internet, but you'll want to bring a dish or an antenna, and I beleive you only get internet from 12Noon to 12 Midnight, while the satellite is overhead. :p

As for the kelp, it's the lime kelp dye item. I don't even paint it. I just grab it from the ice biome (or just a inventory editor) and slap it down. :dryadhappy:

Okay, so I'm going to submit something to the Halloween contest. I should still have plenty of time, and have a couple ideas for it. There's just one problem:

Idea A: Do a piece inspired by Ray Bradbury's "The Veldt" and Deadmau5's song of the same name.
PRO:​
  • Would be different than the standard run-of-the-mill Spooky Wood Haunted Houses and Pumpkin Jack-O-Lanterns currently entered.
  • If it isn't clear already, I like to "buck trends".
CON:​
  • I run the risk of being irrelevant.
  • The planned structure is very unorthodox, and could be considered "Not fitting to the Theme". I could easily argue it as being part of either the "Haunted House" theme or the "And Beyond" theme. But then I would be arguing and that is something I would like to avoid. I do not wish to create any sort of animosity between me and Re-Logic, after all.
Idea B: Build an Insane Asylum.
PRO:​
  • Harder to write off as being irrelevant. These structures have histories of being haunted, and people lived in them. A place people live in is a house. Therefore Insane asylums are totally haunted houses.
  • Simpler and Faster to plan and build.
CON:​
  • Not as fancy or innovative.
  • People might like me less.

I don't know which one is better and which one I should go with. What do you guys think?

I had to watch the video to understand what you were referencing, and while it's a cool video, I do have a hard time seeing it as being in-theme. It'd be really cool to see how you'd convert this into a build, but it might not be able to stand on its own, and people may not be willing to go out of their way to look at the source material if they don't recognize it; the devs are already restricting videos to 60s to streamline the judging process, so saying "you have to watch a 2m58s long video to understand my piece if you're not familiar with it" runs the risk of not working in your favor.

As such, the asylum would probably be a better bet for the contest; it may be less innovative, but it's safer.

I had to watch the video to understand what you were referencing, and while it's a cool video, I do have a hard time seeing it as being in-theme. It'd be really cool to see how you'd convert this into a build, but it might not be able to stand on its own, and people may not be willing to go out of their way to look at the source material if they don't recognize it; the devs are already restricting videos to 60s to streamline the judging process, so saying "you have to watch a 2m58s long video to understand my piece if you're not familiar with it" runs the risk of not working in your favor.

As such, the asylum would probably be a better bet for the contest; it may be less innovative, but it's safer.
That's what I thought. I'll do the Veldt piece as something separate. ;)

INSANE ASYLUM HO!

Hmm, do you have the download link?
THIS IS SO AWESOME!
The old thread has a download link to an old world containing old builds the download link for the current build-world is not yet available, but will be provided eventually. :)

For cconvenience'ssake:

ht#tp#: /#/ adf#ly @/r#8#m#Q#8#
ht#tp#: /#/ adf#ly @/s#V#Z#D#D#

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom