Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

What Do You Think?

• Total voters
The old thread has a download link to an old world containing old builds the download link for the current build-world is not yet available, but will be provided eventually. :)

For cconvenience'ssake:

<links snipped at OP's request>
Hmm.... I already have that world when TCF isn't out yet...
Still like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are an amazing builder, that's a fact. I love your builds, they're inspirational. Fantastic.

My goodness, I just kind of fell off the surface of the world, now didn't I?

Currently building the Halloween Contest entry! More soon!
In the meantime have a teaser:

ScreenShot001.png

I may have an unhealthy obsession with dark, moody lighting.

Critique welcome!

i like your neon tubes. there should be flickering lamps which randomly turn off if you walk through the corridors

i would make a little bit more light in this operations room. maybe this arm in the lower section?
also try doors in the background for a "long and creepy hospital corridor" :)
i got the idea from jewsus and his server thread, look at this:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/garden-of-eden-creation-kit-a-server-by-jewsus.1756/
All I know is, I can't really submit a world to the contest, so I don't know if I'll do flickering lights or not.

As for lighting, I'm thinking of replacing diamond gem-spark with a dimmer gem-spark. So Yeah, I might turn on that little light on the lower operating arm.

When It comes to background doors, I have a few plans. :dryadwink:

THE BUILD IS DONE: All that is left is to screenshot the whole thing, and then post a tentative image of it here where I can get feedback and make final tweaks before submission. :happy:

Bring it.

asylum_by_lil_puppy23-d84wqi3.png

Puppy Oaks Mental Developmental Center. 12th Campus.
Devoted to the Treatment of the Mentally Ill in the m҉͜òs͘͞t̸̨̛ ͡Hu͟an̨̕e̢ ̴a̶̛nd̴͏ E̸̕t̵͠h̶͢ic͟al ̧̛me͏҉̛t̷̀͞ho͜͞ds͜͟.

Tentative Submission for the Halloween Contest. A lot of people have this image of insane asylums consisting of room after room of padded chambers, but in truth, this was not the case. In a lot of them, patients were simply tied or chained to the wall in dark, unlit rooms. A Myriad of treatments were developed an pioneered, from the bizarre such as Hydrotherapy (Bathtubs), to the cruel and unthinkable such as the lobotomy ("Exam" room).

A lot of people died.

Eventually, Insane Asylums were considered too unethical and most were closed down where they subsequently fell into abandonment and disrepair. The insane were all released into the streets to fend for themselves where they all subsequently ended up being rounded up again and tossed into the Prison System, chained to the walls in dark, unlit rooms.​

Last edited:
I managed to catch a glimpse of a heavily-pixelated version of it with some details starting to layer their way in row by row before DeviantArt collapsed in on itself and refuses to let the thing load. I'm not sure if it's DA's fault, or if my ISP is being a complete jerk.

What I did see looked pretty good, though! The only thing that might be problematic is the background; as much as it was probably added in post and not via a mod, it might be enough to get the entry disqualified since it's not vanilla. Might wanna ask a mod.

Last edited:
I managed to catch a glimpse of a heavily-pixelated version of it with some details starting to layer their way in row by row before DeviantArt collapsed in on itself and refuses to let the thing load. I'm not sure if it's DA's fault, or if my ISP is being a complete jerk.

What I did see looked pretty good, though! The only thing that might be problematic is the background; as much as it was probably added in post and not via a mod, it might be enough to get the entry disqualified since it's not vanilla. Might wanna ask a mod.
Yeah, I'll be noting Loki or Cenx about it.

Aw, that building is so dark. I can hardly see anything. Do you have a lighter version by any chance?

I JUST REALIZED THE ROOF IS ASYMMETRICAL. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I need to fix that now. Cannot Unsee.

EDIT: IT SHOULD BE FIXED NOW, F5 TO SEE.

Last edited:
Blood on the beds, the fluorescent lights, the skellies under the floor - and I think the lighting is perfect, it shows enough of the rooms but requires a torch to traverse more of them. A+

Which reminds me, now that I have gotten the Contest Build out of the way, what do I build next??? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE. :dryadgrin:

Someone on the old forum suggested a magical-enchanted-frozen-forest-tree-house but I dunno about that one...

EDIT: OH RIGHT! I PROMISED RUBESZILLA LIKE 4 MONTHS AGO I'D BUILD BETTER SEWERS! :happy:

This build looks amazing! I'm particularly fond of the job you did on the wall patterns, and the lighting is phenomenal! Not a huge fan of the roof tops (i.e. lining the top with some lead fence might make all the difference imo), and the zig-zag stairs, but that's minor in comparison to the rest of the detail. I like your innovation! Great Halloween entry!

This build looks amazing! I'm particularly fond of the job you did on the wall patterns, and the lighting is phenomenal! Not a huge fan of the roof tops (i.e. lining the top with some lead fence might make all the difference imo), and the zig-zag stairs, but that's minor in comparison to the rest of the detail. I like your innovation! Great Halloween entry!
Thank you! Now that you mention it, I was thinking about lead fence, but I guess I wasn't really thinking about it.

Also, I don't feel like wrangling my image hosting again. :dryadtongue:

awesome use of jellyfish banners in the engine.
overall looking good, repetitive, yes, but in a good way.

the lighting looks great, it really gives a good atmosphere, specially that room underground with the flesh blocks, the light is just barely enough to see what's going on, making it mysterious and fearsome.

so yeah, overall good looking, repeated rooms could maybe use some variation, but i don't even know if it'd do the build any good, so you're probably best off leaving it as it is.

8/10

awesome use of jellyfish banners in the engine.
overall looking good, repetitive, yes, but in a good way.

the lighting looks great, it really gives a good atmosphere, specially that room underground with the flesh blocks, the light is just barely enough to see what's going on, making it mysterious and fearsome.

so yeah, overall good looking, repeated rooms could maybe use some variation, but i don't even know if it'd do the build any good, so you're probably best off leaving it as it is.

8/10
Yeah, I was worried there might have been a bit of repetition, and I tried my best to at least make sure no two rooms were totally identical.
I tried to research how many different kinds of rooms there were in an insane asylum, but I couldn't find a whole lot on it, besides "Rooms with Padding", "Patient Records", "Medical".
So there wasn't a whole lot to work with from the beginning. :(

Thanks for the feedback, though!

I can't change my vote? God, I want to vote for THE BEST now.
Btw, did you have the download link of the new builds yet?
Also: Request
Can you build a castle?

Back
Top Bottom